Looking for 2nd edition minis and old bull centaurs.

Got some kit to sell? Looking to buy? Then check here.

Moderator: TFF Mods

JetSwan
Experienced
Experienced

Looking for 2nd edition minis and old bull centaurs.

Post by JetSwan »

Does anyone have any 2nd edition Chos Dwarves, a second edition Minotaur or 2nd edition Goblins gathering dust in their unpainted minis box going spare?
I'd really like to paint some of these oddballs and the team would be real fun for league play.
I'm looking for one of each of the five Chaos Dwarves pictured below, one Minotaur of either pose and at least six goblin players and any of the coaching staff minis from the same line.
Whilst I'm not a proponent of recasts I'm not opposed to using them for this team, leaves more out there for the collectors. Two old (not big hat) style Bull Centaurs from classic Warhammer would be great too.
I'll have some money Friday so we can discuss price, I'm also willing to trade magic cards and or my painting services.
Much love. X
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Reason: ''
harvestmouse
Star Player
Star Player

Re: Looking for 2nd edition minis and old bull centaurs.

Post by harvestmouse »

The 5th one is hyper rare. It was only on sale for a short time. I'm guessing the tea cup is covering the kicker?

JetSwan
Experienced
Experienced

Post by JetSwan »

Thank you for letting me know. The tea cup is covering the one in a catching pose. It's also only a tea cup because I had to use the available stickers in my phone's photo editor, the phone was being slow so the pen option was off. :)

I'm sure I'll slowly build this team over time if I just wait and grab them when I can. :)

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Oscen wrote:Two old (not big hat) style Bull Centaurs from classic Warhammer would be great too.
I thought the Bull Centaurs only came out in the Big Hat style - before that there were Boar Centaurs?

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
harvestmouse
Star Player
Star Player

Post by harvestmouse »

Yes. Boar centaurs were only used for pushing machines in Warhammer as well. However you may find them cheaper if they're split from their machine. The arm pose isn't very good for BB figures though.

You could also possibly make them. Half of a 2nd ed BB or 3rd ed Warhammer and part something else. I remember there was/is a Russian company that did a boar (or something) that really did look like the old citadel boar bottom half.

JetSwan
Experienced
Experienced

Post by JetSwan »

Darkson wrote:
Oscen wrote:Two old (not big hat) style Bull Centaurs from classic Warhammer would be great too.
I thought the Bull Centaurs only came out in the Big Hat style - before that there were Boar Centaurs?

Oh! I guess the one's I was looking at are boars, that's far more fun.
I'm not keen on slicing into an old miniature unless it's a recast but hey, if anyone has a damage 2nd ed chaos dwarf I would be interested in that because it's a better candidate for boar centaur conversion.
I think hasslefree minis do a small furry boar but I'll wait until they're properly back on their feet.

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

A mates, not mine (though I have used them) - he used WFB CDs from the same era to give it the same 'Old Skool' feel (unfortunately none of us have any 2nd ed CDs).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Bakunin
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Bakunin »

The one with the yellow horns are a old skool boar centaur

Galak 3:16 says "There is a point in time that a player really should read the rulebook."
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

They're both old school boar centaurs.

JetSwan
Experienced
Experienced

Post by JetSwan »

Thank you so much to everyone that helped me find my team. I've a whole bundle of Chaos Dwarves on the way. ^^

Bakunin
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Bakunin »

I have a lot of 2nd ed chaos dwarfs that I need to sell. If anyone still looking.

Galak 3:16 says "There is a point in time that a player really should read the rulebook."