I need this guy

Got some kit to sell? Looking to buy? Then check here.

Moderator: TFF Mods

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

Okay the gentleman's agreement is a wonderous thing.

Saved me 123 USD on this auction.

As soon as I can confirm or deny that this really is CD #7, I'll let everyone know.

Galak

Reason: ''
DaFrenchCoach
Super Star
Super Star

Post by DaFrenchCoach »

:o :o :o :o :o

you would get up to 130 USD for it ? Without knowing if it really was the Chaos Dwarf 7 ? Galak, you're great 8) 8) 8) !!!

But it's a fact this agreement works well. If I wouldn't have known your ebay ID, I wouldn't get up to 40 USD, but you finally get it... So it's great.

Your grail quest shows the end ... A troll, some not-so-rare minis, and it should be OK ...

Just a last question: how many 2nd edition treemen have you got ?

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

This is buried in this response .... hey collectors .... good stuff in these painted teams:

This auction .... very rare Ogre #3 makes an appearance
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 1729196134

If you are willing to climb over DW's carcass ... this auction has a very rare 2nd edition Treeman.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 1729191466

To directly answer your question DFC ... there are not really a set number of 2nd edition Treeman ... it more like collecting parts.

As far as I can tell from my research the 2nd edition Treeman was put together 4 different way when sold by GW.

First a description of the parts.

Legs: one set of legs for all Trees
Arms:
1) Two open hands, no shoulder pads or bird nest on shoulder
2) Two open hands, shoulder pad and bird nest on shoulder
3) One open hand, one hand balled into a fist, shoulder pad, no bird's nest
Head:
1) Mustache, Long nose, no helmet at all, Big Ears
2) No mustache, cutoff nose with tree ring pattern, skullcap helmet, Big Ears
3) Mustache, Long nose, full helmet with chin guard, ears not visible

Okay now GW sold this treeman 4 ways:
Treeman 1: Early 1990s: Arms 3 and Head 3 (very common) (this is the one picture on the 2nd edition page at blood-bowl.net)
Treeman 2: Late 1990s/early 2000: Arms 2 and Head 3 (very common) (heck I bought 12 of these from GW-UK archive 2 years ago)

Then there were 2 Rare Treeman from 2nd edition
Treeman 3: The 1st rare treeman has Head 2 and Arms 2
Treeman 4: The 2nd rare treeman has Head 1 and Arms 1

The belief expressed so far from people that I've talked to is that at some point in the 90s something happened to the mould for Arms 3 so the unreleased Arms 2 were brought into production for the archive service ... otherwise the Arms and Heads would go together on a one for one basis.

Now the auction that I linked to has 2 early 1990s Treeman (Treeman 1 above) and one very rare Treeman #4 ... HOWEVER I should point out that ALL 3 version of the Arms the arms where straight across from each other on the horizontal plane and the fingers is open are straight and level. The owner of this team at some point has with each of the figs either really bent the arms (left and center) OR bent the fingers (right).

However this is one of the really rare trees so good luck hope a TalkBB member who can appreciate the rare figs gets it.

Okay thats my brain dump .... I hope someone is writing all this down ... :P ... if something ever happens to me, someone needs to be able to be the new font of all this research ... :lol:

I really wish there was a way to make money from BB ... then I'd be set ... :lol:

Galak

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Oops forgot to directly answer DFC's question:

I have:

1 Treeman #3
1 Treeman #4
1 Treeman #1
12 Treeman #2

Galak

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

and yeah DFC .... one very rare troll and and handful of 2nd edition guys and I'll have everything until the Khemri come out .... :lol:

Galak

Edit : oh yeah and that !#&$!#&$(!#@$& Resurrection Gutter Runner or if it ever was released the Lizardman Cheerleader.

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Hmmmmmmm .... Deathwing must be ill ... here I encouraged people to go over his dead body on an auction .... and I didn't even get a reply ..... ah well.

Hope this information on the 2nd edition Treemen isn't buried to far in another post for anyone to get use out of it. If I need to post it in a new topic under miniatures ... someone let me know ... of course if no one is reading this .... hmmmmmmmm that might be a problem letting me know its a problem .... ouch head hurts from infinite loop, must get more rest.

Galak

Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

Yeah well...I did mean to thank you for pointing out the rare Treeman to the board. :wink:
Also need the 2e 'flings, so I'm prepared to go fairly high on this one. It did have a buy it now option at £55, but I decided to risk it and try and get them a little cheaper.... On reflection, maybe I should have grabbed them! :-?

Anyway, isn't the treeman info already in a seperate topic, something like 'Nightmare for 2e Treeman collectors'?

"Deathwing treats newcomers like sh*t"
"...the brain dead Mod.."
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Sorry DW ... didn't mean to make the bidding more difficult for you .. REALLY!!! ... I didn't.

Yeah, I forgot I had wrote that post .. however since then I had found out more information about how it all matches up, so I included it.

I doubt anyone would be willing to take this auction away from you... if they are you can email me privately to tell me to keep my big mouth shut.

Galak

Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

Not a problem Galak, I was gonna stick up a Gents agreement post anyway, just didn't get around to it.
So yeah, usual thing, I'd appreciate a pm if anyone else is interested.

"Deathwing treats newcomers like sh*t"
"...the brain dead Mod.."
DaFrenchCoach
Super Star
Super Star

Post by DaFrenchCoach »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

You think I didn't see it, DW ? I saw it, with this rare treeman, which Galak has sent a picture on this board...I didn't know if I will have enough money to send you a pm with my max bid... I have some auctions, and more important, some others Blood Bowl stuff I'm interested in... So I'm not sure I could bid so high I'd like... Will tell it to you in a few days.

To be true, 2 two treemen don't interest me... and the halflings, just in order to have a complete 2nd edition team... The REAL interest is this rare treeman... Of course, if I'm interested in, I will send you a pm, as gentleman agreement requires ;)

This works. And allowed us to save some money. I'm a proud supporter of this system !

Ancalagon
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Ancalagon »

GalakStarscraper wrote:Oops forgot to directly answer DFC's question:

I have:

1 Treeman #3
1 Treeman #4
1 Treeman #1
12 Treeman #2

Galak
:o you can get lost into the woods!!
15 treeman!!! :o
Please take a photo of them onto the pitch!! I really want to play a match against a treeman team like yours! But I'll use only skinks! sure saurus st has nothing to do!! :P

DaFrenchCoach
Super Star
Super Star

Post by DaFrenchCoach »

Many thanks to check your pm, DW ;)

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

No PM ... sorry DFC.

Galak

DaFrenchCoach
Super Star
Super Star

Post by DaFrenchCoach »

Galak ? No pm ? What do you mean ?

:smoking: :lol:

I talked to deathwing... DW, I hope we can find a deal... even if some new elements are coming in (let's see this via pm ;) )

DaFrenchCoach
Super Star
Super Star

Post by DaFrenchCoach »

Galak: BTW, 15 treemen... have you got in the idea of making a big guy treemen team ? Cause if you're looking for some completed teams, you would need...

It should be a nice poll... what are you looking for when buying/trading some minis ?
1/ Looking for the most important number of complete playable teams, even if I didn't play with all the teams
2/ Looking for collecting, having all the minis that already exists, without looking for the game, only for minis
3/ only concentrate on the teams I like to play, without looking for rare items or old pieces unless I need it, or find it nice

...???...

Personnally, I have to say 1/ now...