VASSAL ElfBall League?

Discuss online tools to play the game or face-to-face leagues to play Elfball

Moderator: TFF Mods

SillySod
Eternal Rookie
Eternal Rookie

Re: VASSAL ElfBall League?

Post by SillySod »

So, the clock struck nine and the game was on!

Fortunately the dice gods were displeased with Mike, his family, and his clear lack of devotion to elfball. The middle kingdoms took the ball early but were unable (or unwilling) to clear the ball back into their own half before a cyclops flopped a gimmie shove. The deadlings capitolised on the shift in momentum by killing the carrier and taking the ball deep into their own half. Nevertheless, the middle kingdoms were able to pressure the ball and it was only a miracle clearance from vampling to vampling that saved the day. Two safeties blocked the Lady Elliot's path but both were smashed aside by a deadwood. 1-0 to the deadlings.

Throughout the game Sann made the deadlings feel extremely slow. The lack of pace means you have to advance quite carefully (to avoid giving away a free shove/tackle) and I panicked a bit when I realised that there were two safeties between my vampling and the scoring circle. My trees could have probably cleared away the safeties but it would have taken ages... time I didnt have when there was a cyclops sniffing at the ball from the other direction. Next time I'll have to try holding the ball with a deadwood right from the start, the vamplings dont seem to be cut out for holding on to it under pressure. Holding the ball certainly seems to be important for deadlings... if Sann hadnt flopped I'm not quite sure how I would have got it back.

Good game, ty :)

Reason: ''
Victim of the Colonel's car boot smash. First person to use Glynn's bath.
Update: the Hartlepool family Glynn now has a virgin bath.

Barney is a clever dog.
sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Re: VASSAL ElfBall League?

Post by sann0638 »

Yeah, good game. I probably should have put the ball into my own half, but am still in the experimentation phase :D

I figured that a good way to play the deadlings would be aggressive, taking the ball to them before they have a chance to get into position and going for the early score, but this just meant that flops were particularly unhelpful. Well capitalised!

Mike

Reason: ''
NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler