Elfball: Cript Crawling style (Pictures now included)

The catch-all area for Elfball if it does not fit in one of the other forums

Moderator: TFF Mods

Skipper
Experienced
Experienced

Elfball: Cript Crawling style (Pictures now included)

Post by Skipper »

We are kicking off a Elfball league with standard rules and also alternating a Dungeon Bowl style variation. So far I've completed four 8x8 (38mm squares) tiles mounted on 12"x12" tiles. Two of the tiles have a second version on the back side. Ideally, we will have 8-10 two sided tiles for variety and a couple 12x24 themed ones, plus two 24"x24" centerpieces. I'll also have to build a couple of endzones at some point. With a little luck, we'll be test running the early tiles this weekend. My second and third batch are almost ready for printing too, the just need some touch ups to make them more visibly appealing.

Now I just need to come up with the league rules.

Reason: ''
Skipper
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Skipper »

Traps: I'm working on a series of traps that use the various attributes. Examples are Spiders webs for a might trap, spring traps for dodge, gas clouds for grit, skill for avoiding pressure plates, etc. I'm a little stumped for a tackle trap. Maybe knock pilons out of the way.

So far all the tiles are trap free, but the second center piece I'm working on has a large series of traps. Hopefully I'll get it mounted tonight.

We are giving the game a try tomorrow night. I'll post the results later.

Skipper
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Skipper »

OK, we ran to test games to a single test (score) and found we really like the feel of the game. It worked really well with the Elfball rules, We tried out our thumbnailed scetched rules and made a few more refinements. I'll be reworking them just a tad so we can give them a thourough testing Friday afternoon. This time it we'll be testing it in a three way. The data collected from thiose games should give us enough feed back to solidify our house rules.

We discovered the eariest tiles I made had a few color problems. It was difficult to identify the walls on the grey floor. So my next few tiles will attempt to alieviate that problem by using a blue and white marble texture for the floors.

We also discussed the use of dungeon hazards and traps and how to implement them. We will test run a few tiles of hazards and traps on Friday.

The next step is then to demonstrate at the local store and see if we can get some interest.

Skipper
Experienced
Experienced

Re: Elfball: Cript Crawling style

Post by Skipper »

Here are two shots of the Tiles we are using. The first is a overview of a few of the tiles and the second is a zoomed in view.

browwnrob
Legend
Legend

Re: Elfball: Cript Crawling style (Pictures now included)

Post by browwnrob »

I would be interested to see your league rules

How about a snakepit for a tackle trap. to avoid it, the player is going to have to grab hold of the rope and drag themselves out of the hole which would use the same skills to tackle a player

http://www.bbminis.blogspot.com
My Fantasy Football blog with painted minis!

I am selling off full teams that are unpainted as yet but would prefer to sell them painted, I have lots of teams, PM me if you are interested
Skipper
Experienced
Experienced

Re: Elfball: Cript Crawling style (Pictures now included)

Post by Skipper »

Not a bad idea for a snake pit and ropes. We are giving the rules a public debute this Friday and if feedback is good, I'l try and get them online. I'm still anxiously awaiting my Boxed game and some miniatures from impact, I'm actually getting a little nervous in anticipation. Anyhow, I'd love to get at least three (3) teams at least partially painted up by Friday so we can fun 3-5 players in the Dungeon. That way new players can participate.

Skipper