The Long Island Blood Bowl League wants YOU!

Need new players? Starting a league in a new area? Promote them here.

Moderator: TFF Mods

mzukerman
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

The Long Island Blood Bowl League wants YOU!

Post by mzukerman »

The Long Island Blood Bowl League (New York) is in the midst of its third season and we’re looking to get more teams involved for our 4th season which will likely start in March. We currently have 11 teams but have 12 commitments for next season and want more. We play two games a month on the third Saturday of the month at the new Game Master Games in Hicksville (yes, that’s really the name of the town!). Seasons are 10 games long and we play LRB 6. We have the Hicksville Havoc in late February/early March as a quick tournament to give teams a jump start into the league. We’ve got a great mixture of old timers with 10-15 years of experience and new players with 0-2 years. It’s an amazing group of guys ranging in age from 11-46 and all are good sports about the game.

As for fluff, we have:
  • LIBBL magazine which comes out monthly (latest issue attached)
    Snob Costas, the league’s main beat reporter is always sending out breaking news
    Jimmy the Sneak, the league’s odds maker
    Unbalanced schedules which foster rivalries between teams in their own division
    A healthy (and vocal!) rivalry between the two counties, Nassau and Suffolk
    Playoffs for the best teams all the way to the Montauk Cup and anyone not making the playoffs can play for the Flushing Bowl
    Tournaments that kick off the season to get new teams those first few SPP including the Hicksville Havoc (standard BB format) and the Commack Challenge (which is pits the two counties against each other in match play)
    Yahoo group for all forum-type discussions
    Website running on OBBLM: http://lafindumonde.net/
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Reason: ''
"I reserve the right to change my predictions when they are no longer true. I am The Media." ~ Snob Costas
libloodbowl on Twitter
Long Island Blood Bowl League
Empire Cup