looking for table top gamers in the Teeside or York area

Need new players? Starting a league in a new area? Promote them here.

Moderator: TFF Mods

swwomble
Rookie
Rookie

looking for table top gamers in the Teeside or York area

Post by swwomble »

Hi people

title sort of says it all. Trying to find some new table top players in the Teeside or York areas having just moved up from London.

Found some really old posts but nothing that still seems to be running.

Any help much appreciated

Reason: ''
Don__Vito
Legend
Legend

Re: looking for table top gamers in the Teeside or York area

Post by Don__Vito »

There was a group playing in Middlesbrough that I knew of, but never really met them for games and couldn't tell you if their league is still going?

If you fancy a bit of a train trip we play regularly in Newcastle upon Tyne City centre.

Also heard rumours of a big league on York, but got the impression they steered clear of the online discussions so again, not much help?

Sure someone who knows a big more than me will be along soon!

Joemanji
Power Gamer

Post by Joemanji »

Not sure the league in York is still going TBH. It had pretty much run out of steam when I left 3 years ago.

*This post may have been made without the use of a hat.
Scally09
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Scally09 »

I ran a league in Middlesbrough for around 3 years a few years back. It was uni students and a few local lads mostly, the students moved away and I've fallen out of touch with the others. There's a game shop in Stockton called Beanie Girl (it's just off the high street), they play trad' games, card games, board games etc. That'd be good to look into.

*hijack* I'm moving up to Gateshead in a month, how do I get in on this sweet Tyneside action?

Don__Vito
Legend
Legend

Post by Don__Vito »

*Further hijacking*

We've met once before Scally, not sure you'll remember but we had a game in GW Newcastle?

The GBBL season 11 is just wrapping up now so it would be a great chance to dive in with both feet and join season 12! We have regular games usually in one of two pubs who are both very used to us playing in them now and very accommodating. One is in Newcastle, and one is in Gateshead! The Gateshead pub is also hosting this years Geordiebowl (NAF sanctioned 2 day tourney in the last weekend of August), so plenty for you to get your teeth into!

Drop me a PM for more details.