New Edition of Blood Bowl - League Specific Discussion

Need new players? Starting a league in a new area? Promote them here.

Moderator: TFF Mods

celticgriffon
Veteran
Veteran

New Edition of Blood Bowl - League Specific Discussion

Post by celticgriffon »

Hi everyone,

I haven't had a chance to review the new edition and/or the Death Zone supplement.

Our club runs one league schedule each year - from Jan - May. As we ramp into the new season I am wondering what rules are changing in the new books and how leagues should accommodate them or remove for a good user experience?

I am optimistic the launch will bring in a bunch of new blood to most local leagues. I really want to stay ahead of the curve on this and make strong informed decisions if we house rule anything (which I would prefer not to).

As an aside we use Casper Hanson's Aross Blood Bowl League software and will very likely continue this agreement (as I think it is amazing)!

Cheers,
Michael

Reason: ''
If you could be anyone would you be yourself? ~ yup it's mine!

Michael aka Da Big Green 'Un (commissioner Regina Flatland BB League - RFBBL)
http://www.reginaflatland.bloodbowlleague.com
Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Post by Shteve0 »

Hi Michael!

Not sure on the league rules changes yet, other than that some sort of ageing mechanic appears to be proposed, and some minor roster tweaks. Guess we'll know more in two weeks!

As an aside, if you're looking for a forum or social presence for your league, please consider setting up a group at theendzone.co - we can even work with your existing arosbb site to really round out the coach experience! :)

League and tournament hosting, blogging and individual forums - all totally free. For the most immersive tabletop sports community experience around, check out theendzone.co
celticgriffon
Veteran
Veteran

Re: New Edition of Blood Bowl - League Specific Discussion

Post by celticgriffon »

I finally picked up a copy of Death Zone and the main box set. Haven't had much time other than to skim the ruleset.

I like the idea of coaches having to make meaningful choices on their roster if they keep a team year over year.

Our league structure is different than most. We allow coaches to play as little or as often as they wish. As long as a coach plays a minimum number of games in the early and late season they can have a chance at the play-offs.

In terms of retainer money (i.e. to keep your players) which is given for games played, TD's, and Casualties this could really provide some crazy disparity.

I have decided I am likely to go all in or stay all out on the new rules. I really want to limit our house rule section this season if we go all in. But I am at a loss on how to balance things now.

Cheers,
Michael

If you could be anyone would you be yourself? ~ yup it's mine!

Michael aka Da Big Green 'Un (commissioner Regina Flatland BB League - RFBBL)
http://www.reginaflatland.bloodbowlleague.com