Abingdon, Oxfordshire, UK

Need new players? Starting a league in a new area? Promote them here.

Moderator: TFF Mods

anothericonoclast
Rookie
Rookie

Abingdon, Oxfordshire, UK

Post by anothericonoclast »

I'm looking at starting a relaxed league at the Abingdon Tuesday night games club which meets at the Kings Head and Bell. By "relaxed" I mean a commitment of approximately one game per fortnight. I haven't quite got enough interest from club members -- anyone else out there interested?

Matt

Reason: ''
Jip
Super Star
Super Star

Re: Abingdon, Oxfordshire, UK

Post by Jip »

Check out SAWBBL on Facebook.

There's a forum, too. We're based in Swindon and Wiltshire, but I bet some of those based on the Eastern fringes might be up for a road trip, or perhaps be able to suggest other coaches local to you.

Aspiring to improve on mid-table mediocrity, over in the SAWBBL.

Fancy an actual one-dayer? Check out The Coffee Cup.

Looking at attending your first tournament? Have a read of this.
anothericonoclast
Rookie
Rookie

Post by anothericonoclast »

Thanks Jip, will do

fallingdownjoe
Veteran
Veteran

Post by fallingdownjoe »

I'm interested for the future - I don't drive at the moment but I'm in the process of getting that sorted, and Abingdon is within reach for me. Public transport also seems somewhat doable.

Remix
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Remix »

anothericonoclast, sorry to piggy back your post but thought it would be better to post here rather than start another thread.

I'm situated in West Oxfordshire, Clanfield, and looking to see if there are any coaches near this area? I play in the the Swindon league but sometimes it can be difficult for players to travel to me or vice versa, especially when some coaches live near Devizes or Chippenham, which is close to an hour plus driving. I know the other players are very accommodating and are willing to travel, however the travelling can make an evening a long one.

Abingdon is slightly closer, however the travel time is roughly the same to Swindon and unfortunately I cannot commit to a games night on a Tuesday, where as an ad-hoc game at someone's house is easier for me to arrange.

If you know of anyone or you live near the Witney, Bampton, West Oxford area, please do let me know.

Cheers

mubo
Star Player
Star Player

Post by mubo »

Hello, I'm in Oxford.

I don't want to commit to a league myself, but there is a board games meetup group called Oxford on board, who sometimes play BB, and had a league last year.

I think there is another wargames type club called Oxford outriders who play a bit too.

There's also someone near Eynsham who ran a 1 day tournament this year. It's on the forum somewhere I'm sure. Screaming Spires was the name.

Might be worth looking into!

Glicko guy.
Team England committee member
mawph
Super Star
Super Star

Post by mawph »

mubo wrote:Hello, I'm in Oxford.

I don't want to commit to a league myself, but there is a board games meetup group called Oxford on board, who sometimes play BB, and had a league last year.

I think there is another wargames type club called Oxford outriders who play a bit too.

There's also someone near Eynsham who ran a 1 day tournament this year. It's on the forum somewhere I'm sure. Screaming Spires was the name.

Might be worth looking into!
That would be mr fallingdown, from two posts above ;)

Blackshirt Hunter Extraordinaire (2004)
Fish out of water (Waterbowl 2012)
Winner Thrud 2019!