Want to join the NAF?

News and announcements from the worldwide Blood Bowl players' association

Moderator: TFF Mods

Jani74
Experienced
Experienced

Re: Want to join the NAF?

Post by Jani74 »

inkpwn wrote:A PM to the marvelous lycos will solve most if not all NAF based problems :3
Yes, thanks. Did it.

Reason: ''
Image Image Image
Da Crusha
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Da Crusha »

What does Nuffle Amorical Football mean? I know that the NAF organization is a worldwide ranking system for us outside of the game. inside the game Ive heard a little about it having to do with earlier editions of bloodbowl. can anyone help me with this?

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

1st and 2nd ed the NAF (the fluff one) used to run the major Blood Bowl leagues, in the same way the NFL runs American Football.

3rd ed it went bust, then re-started using the Open Tournament system described in the rule book.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Da Crusha
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Da Crusha »

Darkson wrote:1st and 2nd ed the NAF (the fluff one) used to run the major Blood Bowl leagues, in the same way the NFL runs American Football.

3rd ed it went bust, then re-started using the Open Tournament system described in the rule book.
so in 3rd ed. GW decided not to include it in the fluff or, in the fluff NAF went out of business?

I would look it up but I only have the Competition rules.

Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

Da Crusha wrote:
Darkson wrote:1st and 2nd ed the NAF (the fluff one) used to run the major Blood Bowl leagues, in the same way the NFL runs American Football.

so in 3rd ed. GW decided not to include it in the fluff or, in the fluff NAF went out of business?

I would look it up but I only have the Competition rules.
Ah, fluff...refreshing!
What you need to do is add 500 years on to our date to get the BB timeline. So, the NAF went out of business in 2488 when commissioner Nick Three-Horn ran off with the entire NAF Treasury and the game became less rigidly structured and many different leagues and teams sprang up. This equates to 1988 our time which was the publication year of the 2nd edition rules/game (fluff in the 2e and 3e books). So our teams/leagues from 2e (1988) onwards are post-NAF open BB environment (2488) teams/leagues fluff-wise. It's now 2512. Some of the teams who won the Majors (our time) were actually incorporated into the official fluff before GW dispensed with it.

"Deathwing treats newcomers like sh*t"
"...the brain dead Mod.."
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Da Crusha
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Da Crusha »

Great! thanks a lot guys. now I won't have so much trouble explaining what NAF stands for.

bigbuk79
Rookie
Rookie

Post by bigbuk79 »

Hi I recently signed up and paid for NAF membership ( http://thenaf.net/) on 14 August 2012 but I am still awaiting an activation code for the account.

I emailed nafmembership@hotmail.co.uk, thenafchampionship@gmail.com and nafcash@gmail.com on 15 August 2012 to chase the code but have received no response. The paypal transaction is complete and I have a transaction ID.

Could anyone shed any light or suggest what to do?

besters
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by besters »

The site has been down, but if you don't get a response I would pm Lycos.

bigbuk79
Rookie
Rookie

Post by bigbuk79 »

Thanks for that will do

Lycos
Da Ex-Boss

Post by Lycos »

Got your pm and I will fix that

TFF mod team
bigbuk79
Rookie
Rookie

Post by bigbuk79 »

Just to update this has now been sorted many thanks to Lycos

bound for glory
Legend
Legend

Post by bound for glory »

you know what they say about big plans, right?
i'm gonna move our tourney to a better, bigger venue. i have some plans to bust this bitch open and make the mike kriger memorial cup a bigger deal on the east coast. we are averaging 22 players once a year. for the first 2 years, I made the decision to EXCLUDE my bb gaming club, the thursday night hero's. why? because they are very much long time(since first edition, in many cases) experienced, hardcore coaches. i have regulated them to co-managment helpers at our event. they grumble a bunch about this.
i have too many "new fish", and my main aim is to foster a "goodwill" atmospher at the event. this will change in 2013. all will be invited. whats that mean?
it means i need NAF backing.
what should i do to make the change painless, and keep the fun in the event. i have 2 or 3 ladies palying and i don't need a-holes getting pissed if one of these ladies does'nt know how many times the ball scatters or forgets how sure hands works. not gonna happen. one of the things that my guys(the experianced club guys) enjoyed was going around the tables and helping with the new people. i don't want it any other way.
how do we go from "small time" to the "must attend" bigs?

Rick Sanchez lives!
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

No idea if Sann want's this thread, or whether he wants to start a new one, but it's here if he wants it.

longfang
Legendz Bedo Legend

Post by longfang »

Dunno Si, maybe a pm would be a good way of asking him. :wink:

[size=75]Del. [color=red]Tramp Champ. Media Tart.[/color][/size]

[url=http://www.talkbloodbowl.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=14334#t=14334]Hall of Famer[/url]