List of NAF dice colours

News and announcements from the worldwide Blood Bowl players' association

Moderator: TFF Mods

Lycos
Da Ex-Boss

Re: List of NAF dice colours

Post by Lycos »

Norse wrote:I sold the third of each set to the "dice guy" a few years back. He has the world's largest dice collection apparently.. :o :lol:
Ramz, is that Kevin by any chance? :wink: I know him if so.....

Reason: ''
TFF mod team
Colin
Legend
Legend

Post by Colin »

Lycos wrote:Couple of short points:

Yellow dice have blue inlay - anything else was re painted by someone.

As for Black dice.... in "my time" I have always felt something new rather than dig up from the old was good. If you do the same again, you are kind of going over old stuff. Colin, I think we talked about that in Amsterdam many years ago. I took your point then and I do now, but going backwards isn't always a good thing.

Old dice: I do not know of any Black, Pink, dark Blue left of the old dice unless staff have failed to return them to me. They were all made in low numbers - well compared to what are done now.

And yes we are very much down the road of offering either new or more options for membership. I have the opinion that after X number of years, they are just more dice after all, how many do you need one could argue*. So we are talking to some manufacturers about alternative ideas but we have to consider global logistics and postal issues for a voluntary organisation. Ideas are plentiful, and sound great, but getting a process and delivery system implemented to the entire globe fairly, is something we have to make sure of.

*That opinion being said, we are still getting more members than the previous year, and all the new players seem to love the dice. We get more players saying "thank you" and "love the dice" than any other feedback.
OK Dave, I certainly understand your point, yes dice attracts new members. I woold've been happy with paying a larger fee for joining the first time and getting the dice as a bonus for new membership with the renewal fee lower with no free gift (should be renewing to support the NAF, not for the dice, maybe should be an option when renewing to pay standard fee and get the dice or a lower fee and not get the dice). Anyway, I've stated my opinion and won't argue about it anymore. (Don't recall discussing it with you in A-dam, my memory isn't very good these days it seems).

GO STAMPEDERS!
frightcrawler
Rookie
Rookie

Post by frightcrawler »

5 digits :cry:

I AM A LESSER HUMAN.

Colin
Legend
Legend

Post by Colin »

Does 5 digits even qualify you as human? :D :wink:

Think it may have been asked long ago (but don't think we ever got an answer), who got the #1 as their NAF membership number? (not that it really matters, just curious)

Anyway, back to dice colours....

Are their any colours people would like to see, other than black or ones that have been already done?
Is it possible to get dice with marbled effects? (for example, black with gold marbling and either white or red inlay)
it would seem that the NAF will start to run out of colours to do, even with doing different shades of existing colours (such as the dark and light shades of blue and green already done as dice colours), would need the dice to be visably different so can't really start doing subtle differences in shades. (e.g. "the new NAF dice colour for 2021 will be beige, not to be confused with the tan ones done in 2016")
Anyway, you get what I'm saying. There are only so many usable shades of coloours for the dice if you stick with a flat single colour for the dice. Marble or speckle effects might be the way to go, and as it seems (according to Dave) that people tend to renew just to get the dice, they shouldn't mind if the price has to rise a bit to cover the costs if they are a bit more expensive to do. Just a thought.

GO STAMPEDERS!
dsavillian
Veteran
Veteran

Post by dsavillian »

I refuse to join the NAF until I can get vomit-green dice!

:puke:

Coach of the Fancy Lads
Blood Bowl League of Calgary
http://twitter.com/bloodbowlcgy
@dsavillian on twitter

It's called Blood Bowl, not Fun Bowl
Colin
Legend
Legend

Post by Colin »

dsavillian wrote:I refuse to join the NAF until I can get vomit-green dice!

:puke:
Probably will happen sometime , as I said before, only so many shades of colours you can use to keep the dice looking different. (but might have to wait until they do royal blue ones and an actual purple set, and maybe some brown ones) :wink:

GO STAMPEDERS!
Jani74
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Jani74 »

I AM LESSER GOBLIN

Image Image Image
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Colin wrote:Think it may have been asked long ago (but don't think we ever got an answer), who got the #1 as their NAF membership number? (not that it really matters, just curious)
According to the NAF site, there is no #1, Nuffle is #2 (but has never played a ranked tourney game [wuss!]), and Ant is #3.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Thadrin
Moaning Git

Post by Thadrin »

I was of the understanding that they started at 101 or something for database reasons. there may be a few "test subject" types with double digit numbers though. (Neoliminal/John Kipling Lewis would be one I'd hazard).

I know a bear that you don't know. * ICEPELT IS MY HERO.
Master bleater. * Not in the clique.
Member of the "3 digit" club.
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

#5 Christer
#25 neoliminal
#28 FSUpadre
#29 Milo

So seems to start regularly at #28 (yes, I'm that bored at the moment! :lol: )
Thadrin wrote:I was of the understanding that they started at 101 or something for database reasons.
I know that's not right, as I'm 102, and there were a few earlier ones than me (Venomous is #78 for example).

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Thadrin
Moaning Git

Post by Thadrin »

Might be single digits, with Christer excepted as he built the site originally.

I know a bear that you don't know. * ICEPELT IS MY HERO.
Master bleater. * Not in the clique.
Member of the "3 digit" club.
TuernRedvenom
Legend
Legend

Post by TuernRedvenom »

How many dice of each color were made anyway. I vaguely remember hearing something about 2000 (or 666 sets) for the black dice.

I joined in 2003 and got the black dice and after all those years they are still my favourite set. They just look cool (redid the inlay with silver though as the gold wore off over the years).

Un bon mot ne prouve rien. - Voltaire
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Thanks to my mystery benefactor, I now have a full set of NAF dice, with both the "pink" versions.

And having seen a dice somewhere else, I'm pushing for grey with black ink dice next year. :wink:

Pug
Legend
Legend

Post by Pug »

White , blue inlay

"In Dodge We Trust"
Piousman
Star Player
Star Player