Beppe elected as NAF President

News and announcements from the worldwide Blood Bowl players' association

Moderator: TFF Mods

Hangus
Scotland's Saviour

Re: Beppe elected as NAF President

Post by Hangus »

Why did no one come round my house to let me know the voting was about to end. I wasn't in but that's not the point.

Reason: ''
Down with this sort of thing....
Careful now.....

Where's my hat?
Thadrin
Moaning Git

Post by Thadrin »

For the record: posts on the front page of the NAF site (members section):

Nov 3rd - Announcement of the Election.
Nov 24th - Q&A announcement
Dec 16th - Notice that voting was starting

It was also mentioned in the email newsletter, twitter and Facebook.

Seems pretty extensive with plenty of notice to me.

I know a bear that you don't know. * ICEPELT IS MY HERO.
Master bleater. * Not in the clique.
Member of the "3 digit" club.
Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Post by Shteve0 »

Fair enough. I was talking about thenaf.net, but all good.

League and tournament hosting, blogging and individual forums - all totally free. For the most immersive tabletop sports community experience around, check out theendzone.co
JT-Y
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Location: Chorley, where the police tazer blind people rather than look for the actual sword wielding lunatic

Post by JT-Y »

Would it not be better to offer people a little more credit?
Yes.

But it doesn't often happen. May as well push water uphill with a broom.
The simple truth is that by getting involved you don't get much in the way of thanks, you just put yourself in a grand position to be told how bad/wrong/lazy you are.

Worth bearing in mind when complaining that the people being complained at have grown very thick skins towards the complaining (it's either that stay in bed crying)and will carry on doing their best whilst ignoring the noise.

Christ I've been blamed for it being sunny and hot at a two dayer before now, but the year before I was moaned at because it rained. I just took it on board and decided to get the weather just right the following year instead of being lazy and taking a 'wait and see' attitude to the weekends weather.

"It´s better to enlarge the game than to restrict the players." -- Erick Wujcik
sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

Ah yes, i realised that had happened to thenaf.net and made it a sticky a short time later. It should have been on the front page for at least the last month.

NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler
Glowworm

Post by Glowworm »

JT-Y wrote: Christ I've been blamed for it being sunny and hot at a two dayer before now, but the year before I was moaned at because it rained. I just took it on board and decided to get the weather just right the following year instead of being lazy and taking a 'wait and see' attitude to the weekends weather.
Which is why there is no weather at Crumb-bowl! :wink: ( see tournament section for more details........)

Seriously, if you voted....great! If not, why? Apathy? Ignorance? ( of the election)

Instead of mud slinging can we not just once have a rational debate on what ( if anything) went wrong and fix it for next time ?

If your not happy with the NAF, that's cool, I think it could do more to support leagues, Ive got an idea ( few and far between I know) which I'm working on, if it good I'll pass it over to the NAF to see if it would work on a larger scale....

Congrats to Beppe BTW, I wish him all the best as he takes the helm......

Heff
Dwarf fetishist

Post by Heff »

Tbh with the fight to save probation, the need to move, the stress of Christmas, illness of a son and stress from the ex voting to see who got to run the organisation that kinda runs a hobby where fantasy races kill each other playing a game loosely based on American football kinda slipped my mind. Sorry l am such a poor excuse for a fanboy. Oh and did Beppe promise to ban dwarves.

Heff...Keeping the Dwarf (and lego) hate alive
If you cannot stall out for an 8 turn drive to score with dwarves then you need to go and play canasta with your dad..if you can find him.
BillyDee
Star Player
Star Player
Location: Sitting in front of a mountain of lead, that ain't gonna paint itself...

Post by BillyDee »

I voted in the last election, but I didn't vote in this one, despite being well aware of it and when it was happening.

I read (most) of the Q&A threads, and had an idea of who the candidates were. They all seemed passionate and committed members of the BB community. And I would have been happy if any of them had won.

So I didn't vote.

Sorry...

Edit: Oh, and congratulations Beppe, all the best.

"Nobody exists on purpose, nobody belongs anywhere, and everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?"
sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

I do like the idea of an "any of the above" option.

NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler
robsoma
Star Player
Star Player

Post by robsoma »

Lol at the same plebs moaning about the state of the naf and they didn't even bother to vote .... Just goes to show what your interest (outside of trolling) really is.

Note these are the same idiots that complain that the naf should be the centre of bloodbowl and then moan that tff was not updated more often?

This election went on forever and was updated regularly on the NAF SITE!

Justice for the Agribowla Three!!!
Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Post by Shteve0 »

What an intelligent contribution. Thanks for dropping by.

League and tournament hosting, blogging and individual forums - all totally free. For the most immersive tabletop sports community experience around, check out theendzone.co
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

And robsoma's post illustrates perfectly why people are giving up on the NAF as anything but dice.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Fassbinder75
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Fassbinder75 »

Darkson wrote:And robsoma's post illustrates perfectly why people are giving up on the NAF as anything but dice.
Speaking of which, what is the "sweetener" for this year's subscription?

minimakeovers.wordpress.com
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Traditionally not revealed until the NAFC.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Oventa
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Oventa »

sann0638 wrote:I do like the idea of an "any of the above" option.
Well from the election Menu I recall there was the option to cast a "blank vote".
So showing you cared about naf and got involved, but for some reason did not vote for a candidate.
Either because you think all of them are great, or you think none of them are fit.

So before not voting at all, I would recommend to use this option in future.
This would show then at least show up in the numbers.

(Though quoting sann, this is more aimed at billydee)

Congrats to beppesconi! ;)
All the best!

Cheers
Oventa