Introducing myself

News and announcements from the worldwide Blood Bowl players' association

Moderator: TFF Mods

Beppe#2
Il Bunga Bunga Presidente

Introducing myself

Post by Beppe#2 »

Hi everybody, I’m Beppe and I’m happy to introduce myself as the new elected NAF President.
First of all I’d like to thank you all for electing me: it’s really an honor to be the President of the NAF and I’ll do my best in order to give all the members a better NAF.
My name is Giuseppe Viti and I’m from Bologna, Italy. I’m 33 y.o. and I started playing Blood Bowl in 1998 (I used to play WHFB before) and I immediately liked this amazing game. I played just league matches until 2003, when Italian community was born and the first tournaments were born. Together with my mates I started also to go playing BB abroad, so we went to Amsterdam playing the first Eurobowl. Since that tournament I started playing a lot of tournaments both in Italy and abroad.
I played 94 NAF tournaments, 24 of them abroad (Spain, England, France, Netherlands, Belgium, Germany, Austria, Denmark) so I could meet people from all the European communities. I think I’m well known among European BB communities and I know them quite well. I speak English and a bit of Spanish, learned thanks to Blood Bowl trips.
I’m also a league player: I currently run the biggest league in Italy (Bolognabowl, with 48 players) and I play also online (when I have some free time) to the Cyanide BB.
I also took part in the organization of many tournaments in Italy: Italian Open (since 2004), Tilean Team Cup (2009 and 2011 editions), Eurobowl 2006 and 2009 and other smaller tournaments.

I decided to run for the elections because I think I can do something good for the NAF. I have several ideas on how that could be done and now that I’ve been elected, I’ll do my best to realize them, but I’ll need your help. If you share my ideas (see below) and you think you can do something for the association, please write me at beppe@bolognabowl.it , I’d really appreciate some help from NAF members.

The very first things I’m going to do are: engaging with the NAF Committee in order to share knowledge of the actual situation of the association; appointing the roles of the Vice President and Membership Director. The priority is to start to work as soon as possible.
In order to start the first projects I’ll also need to appoint new roles and to create working teams. That’s the reason I need your help.

Website: the restyling of the website will be one of my first priorities: the website is the “façade” of the NAF in front of all our members, so they would have to open the site not only to have a look on the rankings, but also to look to some other stuff.

World cup: this is gonna be huge and I will personally oversee the organization process. I know very well the organizers from Lucca, so I will directly confront with them, of course with the help of the rest of NAF staff.

Leagues: another priority will be giving the leagues more importance, by implementing a system which allows the hosting of the leagues on the NAF site.

Internazionalizing: I’d like to open the NAF towards other countries, expecially by promoting events in different countries, so to enforce the concept of “global BB community”.

All these points require several projects to be accomplished, so I’ll start working as soon as possible to get the things done in a proper way. I'll also keep you informed about the progresses and the achievements so you will always know what we're working at.

Reason: ''
Mamma mia!!! Luca Toni!!!
Bobby from Latvia
juergen
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Re: Introducing myself

Post by juergen »

Good luck, I am looking forward to your ideas :D

Juergen

Creator of Elfball.org - the Elfball website officialy approved by Impact Miniatures
Thadrin
Moaning Git

Post by Thadrin »

I thought your name was Bobby and you were from Latvia....

I know a bear that you don't know. * ICEPELT IS MY HERO.
Master bleater. * Not in the clique.
Member of the "3 digit" club.
Tritex
Legend
Legend

Post by Tritex »

Good luck and its great that you have come here with such an open introduction you have my support and I hope that you enjoy your term as president :)

Blood Bowl .. Live to play and play to live! Check out now:

www.tritex-games.co.uk
www.tritex-games.co.uk