Moderator: TFF Mods

plasmoid
Legend
Legend

Reconsidering the ruling on Khorne?

Post by plasmoid »

Hi NAF'ers,
as a paying member, I figure I might as well ask here:
Will you be considering your ruling on Khorne from january 2013? Ever?

The original ruling hinted that their status might change at some point. It's been almost 2 years now, so it might be time to mull it over.
*Since the team was released, I think it is safe to say that it is no longer reasonable to fear that they are overpowered.
*Not to mention it has been close to 5 years since we last had a new team. It's not like we're getting swamped with new teams. Certainly not cr*p like Space marines or Gretchin, as hinted in the original ruling.

I personally think they're a fun addition (even if the could do with some minor Price cuts).
Anyway: New management. New policy?

Cheers
Martin

Edit: And heck, it would certainly be a step towards the Cyanide fanbase.
And it's not like we'd have to accept everything Cyanide Cooks up. Really, it's a decision that can be applied on a team-for-team basis.

Reason: ''
Narrow Tier BB? http://www.plasmoids.dk/bbowl/NTBB.htm
Or just visit http://www.plasmoids.dk instead
connexion
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by connexion »

Since someone opened the can of worms...

This playing and paying member would also welcome the "Khorne" roster being NAF accepted/approved.

Vanguard
Super Star
Super Star

Re: Reconsidering the ruling on Khorne?

Post by Vanguard »

Don't have a personal opinion on this either way, but would there be potential to give them 'semi-official' status? Effectively they would become an optional team for NAF Sanctioned tournaments at the TOs discretion. Wouldn't force them onto Tournaments that didn't want them, but would allow the NAF to start collating some data (if it's required) on their performance.
There would be changes required to the NAF database which would incur costs of some kind.

Dzerards
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Dzerards »

Oh, we could have a Scotch style referendum!

Sign me up to the Yes Campaign

"Luck is the residue of design" John Milton
mzukerman
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by mzukerman »

Vanguard wrote:Don't have a personal opinion on this either way, but would there be potential to give them 'semi-official' status? Effectively they would become an optional team for NAF Sanctioned tournaments at the TOs discretion. Wouldn't force them onto Tournaments that didn't want them, but would allow the NAF to start collating some data (if it's required) on their performance.
There would be changes required to the NAF database which would incur costs of some kind.
+1

"I reserve the right to change my predictions when they are no longer true. I am The Media." ~ Snob Costas
libloodbowl on Twitter
Long Island Blood Bowl League
Empire Cup
Wifflebat
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Wifflebat »

I'd like to see some NAF-sanctioned (-acknowledged? -suggested?) optional teams as well. Khorne and Bretonnian seem like logical choices to start with... Who else? Is there a team from FUMBBL's stunty league that would be ripe for inclusion? Apes of Wrath? Another "alternate human" team?

I think having available minis would be essential for getting tabletop players into a new squad, and the support of those players would be important to NAF sanctioning. Certainly, new minis would be fun for players and good for the businesses that support the game--a new team could sell quite a few minis if players knew it was going to be widely accepted. But I don't know how that would work... When the "new" Slann team came out, what did people use to play them? How long did it take for teams to become available? Did minis have anything to do with when players/tourneys started using them?

I was Puzzlemonkey, but now I'm Wifflebat. Please forward my mail...
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

No thanks. (I'll self-censor myself of the rest of the post).

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Glowworm

Post by Glowworm »

Darkson wrote:No thanks. (I'll self-censor myself of the rest of the post).
Balanced argument, well presented. :wink:

We've had a Khorne team in our league, "Piloted" by Sann0638 the NAF Media guy for one season, its certainly not proven overpowered....

Personally I have no objection to its inclusion, maybe Mike (Sann's) will add his (more informed) views.

sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

Khorne are a pile of rubbish, and just as they are getting good the commissioner makes us take new teams next season! Booooooooooo! :lol:

Love them to bits though, and would rush to become the first person to have played "the 25".

NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler
spubbbba
Legend
Legend

Post by spubbbba »

How popular is the Khorne team on Cyanide compared to the other races they have available?

They are the most "official" race outside of the 24 but when BB2 comes out we don't know when or if they will be included in that and who know how long BB1 will still be active after that.

If the NAF are going to approve new teams why not create new NAF BBRC to make several new teams rather than being lumbered with the rather lacklustre Khorne team?

My past and current modelling projects showcased on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
Digger Goreman
Legend
Legend
Location: Atlanta, GA., USA: Recruiting the Walking Dead for the Blood Bowl Zombie Nation

Post by Digger Goreman »

puzzlemonkey wrote:I'd like to see some NAF-sanctioned (-acknowledged? -suggested?) optional teams as well. Khorne and Bret...
...OH HELM NO! Not that again!!!!!

SLOW-LY I TURNED...!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYP1OBZfFK0

LRB6/Icepelt Edition: Ah!, when Blood Bowl made sense....
"1 in 36, my Nuffled arse!"
sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

Entertaining. But relevant?

NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler
Digger Goreman
Legend
Legend
Location: Atlanta, GA., USA: Recruiting the Walking Dead for the Blood Bowl Zombie Nation

Post by Digger Goreman »

Yep....

LRB6/Icepelt Edition: Ah!, when Blood Bowl made sense....
"1 in 36, my Nuffled arse!"
Waldorf28
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Waldorf28 »

They've been allowed at the last three or four tourney's I've attended and in the league I play in and have not ripped anything up. An interesting and diverting roster that appeals to many.

Commissioner at the UKBBL.
Wifflebat
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Wifflebat »

Digger Goreman wrote:
puzzlemonkey wrote:I'd like to see some NAF-sanctioned (-acknowledged? -suggested?) optional teams as well. Khorne and Bret...
...OH HELM NO! Not that again!!!!!

SLOW-LY I TURNED...!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYP1OBZfFK0
I'm new here, pal. :D

Tell me your objections. I'd genuinely like to know.

I was Puzzlemonkey, but now I'm Wifflebat. Please forward my mail...