NAF response to possible BB2 rule changes

News and announcements from the worldwide Blood Bowl players' association

Moderator: TFF Mods

Bakunin
Star Player
Star Player

Re: NAF response to possible BB2 rule changes

Post by Bakunin »

Could be cool if the NAF was more proactive, then reactive on the future of bloodbowl.
Blood bowl got to evolve if its still going to be here in 20 years. tuning down the power-house teams seems like a way to go and makes the game more competitive and gives it diversity.
Also if Cyanide wants to make BB2 a Esport, why not push for NAF to become the officiel ranking holders. This will probably bring in new naf members and TT players. But as someone else said, just shrugging your shoulders is not good for blood bowl future.

Reason: ''
Galak 3:16 says "There is a point in time that a player really should read the rulebook."
Bakunin
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Bakunin »

Bump..

Just heard that freaking Rocket League is turning into a esport...

conservatism is gonna kill BB

Galak 3:16 says "There is a point in time that a player really should read the rulebook."
Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Post by Shteve0 »

Sorry, I might be missing something, but what are you bumping for? As explained in this and other threads, we're not just shrugging our shoulders, we're actively pursuing dialogue with cyanide in an attempt to explore how we can best represent our membership. Unfortunately wishing the NAF owned and was able to make sweeping changes to the rules doesn't make it so, and misrepresents both the purpose of the organisation and the pitfalls in the suggestion (such as who would write and host the rules without potentially falling foul of IP laws)

League and tournament hosting, blogging and individual forums - all totally free. For the most immersive tabletop sports community experience around, check out theendzone.co
Bakunin
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Bakunin »

Look to yakromunda!
They host a community edition rules of necromunda.
There is no reason not to develop BB and take it into the future.

Optimus Prime
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Optimus Prime »

The future of BB in general is gonna be absolutely fine... and why well heres why...

Blood bowl has been around for 20+ years... 20... and it will always be around if we have a computer game for it or not... however cyanide will help with bringing more people to the game and by the looks of BB2 its looks way more simple to the first BB game they released which is great, cause BB needs that... the computer game is just that... the real game is TT and that to me is real Blood Bowl... i love the computer game alot and tho it does not have all the teams i am sure they will get round to it eventually... if not well i still have table top and chaos edition to play by... and there are the ip leagues as well... which i might add is basically the BBRC in digital form...

To be honest Cyanide is helping the blood bowl community on all accounts and even with slight rules changes... hows that going to effect table top... not alot as we all have rules we like and don,t like... thats blood bowl thats what keeps the game evolving and i love it... even going back to the BBRC and all the discussions we have had about it, it has changed alot in recent years and it will continue to change...

To be honest Cyanide needs to be given more credit than they are due... and if they add more races etc so be it it can only be better for the game... i am sure they will consult the players that love the game and if not... not to worry we will make sure we are heard... because thats who we are and we play cause we have passion for the game...

you will see after BB2 is released all this banter about brits and rules changes will simply be a memory and we are going to concern ourselves with the rest of the teams that are not in there yet... just with what happened with Khorne and to be honest i am glad they are in it... its just another play style to watch and enjoy....

i am looking forward to the game... i only hope that they employ leagues for ps4 and xbox one but we all know that steam and PC is where its at for league play...

thanks for reading

Optimus Prime / Yarrick

harvestmouse
Star Player
Star Player

Post by harvestmouse »

Is it true Cyanide are going to be producing an edited rules PDF? This is rather large news if they are.

WhatBall
Veteran
Veteran

Post by WhatBall »

What is large news? That there may be a new rules PDF, or that Cyanide may produce something they said they would?

sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

It is true and will supposedly be what the rules are in BB2. Haven't seen it yet!

NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler
harvestmouse
Star Player
Star Player

Post by harvestmouse »

Well both I guess. However, is this directly replacing CRP?

sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

harvestmouse wrote:Well both I guess. However, is this directly replacing CRP?
In what sense?

NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler
harvestmouse
Star Player
Star Player

Post by harvestmouse »

If this is an officially sanctioned document that edits CRP. Having now read the post it does say a PDF for "BB2".

lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Post by lunchmoney »

Nope. If it ever turns up it will be a document detailing the rules of Cyanide's Blood Bowl 2. Not Blood Bowl.

Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95
WhatBall
Veteran
Veteran

Post by WhatBall »

lunchmoney wrote:
Nope. If it ever turns up it will be a document detailing the rules of Cyanide's Blood Bowl 2. Not Blood Bowl.
And that will confuse no one, especially new players...

Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Post by Shteve0 »

Let's not jump the gun. There was an answer in the reddit Q&A that said they will release a pdf of the changes made in BB2, not a whole new CRP, with reasons why those changes had been made. A rather different proposition.

League and tournament hosting, blogging and individual forums - all totally free. For the most immersive tabletop sports community experience around, check out theendzone.co
koadah
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by koadah »

If I was a new player coach with the Cyanide I would rather have a Cyanide CRP rather than have to read the current CRP and then another document with the changes.

That doesn't mean that anyone who does not use the Cyanide game would have to read it.

As an existing coach I would rather have just the changes.