News and announcements from the worldwide Blood Bowl players' association

Moderator: TFF Mods

stanrichardson
Star Player
Star Player

Re: NAF response to possible BB2 rule changes

Post by stanrichardson »

That's fair enough.

My issue would be I am aware of different versions of rosters doing the rounds.

One of the strengths of CRP everyone is on the same page, woodies are woodies and so on

When it comes to these Non CRP teams does that mean the 'insert team' you play one week could be different from the team team you play the following week.

Maybe a half way house is in order, where we get a list of teams which are outside the CRP but are the preferred roster?

Maybe one for Td to clarify
If you would like to use non CRP teams should the rosters be.included in the rules pack?

Thanks for all ure work guys

Reason: ''
sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

Nice idea, I would think (personally) that that would be the sensible approach, once they are (hypothetically) included in the rankings at whatever point. Will put a reference on thenaf.net at some point.

NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler
frogboy
Legend
Legend

Post by frogboy »

I understand why people would want to play different teams and make up their own rules but as soon as it goes on the NAF site then it looks like its approved, then what happens? I'd be scared that it would dilute the fan base and with the division less tournaments would get support which would mean if they close their doors I would no longer have an excuse to get away from the better half on weekends.

:(

I'm a British Freebooter, will play for any team including Undead (I have my own Apothecary). Good rates.
harvestmouse
Star Player
Star Player

Post by harvestmouse »

stanrichardson wrote:That's fair enough.

One of the strengths of CRP everyone is on the same page, woodies are woodies and so on

When it comes to these Non CRP teams does that mean the 'insert team' you play one week could be different from the team team you play the following week.

Maybe a half way house is in order, where we get a list of teams which are outside the CRP but are the preferred roster?

If you would like to use non CRP teams should the rosters be.included in the rules pack?

I think you are misunderstanding. The 3 extra races are the 3 'lrb 6' rulepack rosters. Those being Pact, Underworld and Slann. Not house rule rosters at all. So if you have the lrb 6 rule pack, you have the rosters that are recognised by the NAF.

Joemanji
Power Gamer

Post by Joemanji »

Good decision. As much as hardcore online BBers like ourselves could deal with new teams or rules changes, they would be extremely offputting for new coaches coming to tournaments. And the continued existence of the tournament scene depends upon these guys. Alienate the new blood or cause a schism as existing coaches react against changes and our hobby dies.

*This post may have been made without the use of a hat.
sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

The reason for having Khorne, Brets, Apes on the NAF site would be for a point of reference. I try and put everything BB-related on there, basically, whether through links or pics.

NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler
Regash
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Regash »

harvestmouse wrote:I think you are misunderstanding. The 3 extra races are the 3 'lrb 6' rulepack rosters. Those being Pact, Underworld and Slann. Not house rule rosters at all. So if you have the lrb 6 rule pack, you have the rosters that are recognised by the NAF.
Sorry if this is slighty offtopic but now I'm confused...

I have to admit that I haven't played in a while, due to lack of other players.
After reading your post, I checked my printed rulebooks.
One is called LRB 5.0, the other is headlined "Blood Bowl Competition Rules".
Both rulesets mention the same 21 teams, nothing about Pact, Underworld or Slann, no Brettonians, Apes or whatever.
Am I missing an updated rulebook or am I just misunderstanding something?

Please help me clear this up for me.

Edit: I just found the so called Icepelt rulebook, titled LRB 6.0.
As far as I understood, this is fanmade and not an official rulebook, right?

stanrichardson
Star Player
Star Player

Post by stanrichardson »

The CRP is the official rule book, with the core 21 teams in.

Before it was dissolved the BBRC (bloodbowl rules committee) voted to approve the slann, pact, and underworld teams. This group was made up of players and Jervis.

I do believe this are on the naf site.

This 24 teams are seen as the standard, everything else is taken from oother sources, such as the computer game, fumbbl, house ruled teams.

This announcement basically means for a naf sanctioned tournament it's the core 24 teams, and at the discretion of the TD other teams could be used but they will not be included for ranking.

This are the current official

sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

NAF Ex-President
NAF Data wrangler
stanrichardson
Star Player
Star Player

Post by stanrichardson »

harvestmouse wrote:
stanrichardson wrote:That's fair enough.

I think you are misunderstanding. The 3 extra races are the 3 'lrb 6' rulepack rosters. Those being Pact, Underworld and Slann. Not house rule rosters at all. So if you have the lrb 6 rule pack, you have the rosters that are recognised by the NAF.
Sorry man, no I am totally clear on the ruling.

But

Tournaments may be sanctioned if the rules pack includes a new race (Khorne, Brettonians, Apes) or any changes to the rosters (inc new Star Players), but this is at the Tournament Director’s discretion

So this means at the TD discretion any team could potentially be included.

Using apes as the example, this is a community driven team, and those does not really have an official roster, unlike the 24.

So a situation could occur there's confusion on what the roster actually is. For example in stats or costs costs.

The announcement doesn't make it clear what a 'new race' is.

Two of one it names have come from the licensed game, the third is community driven.

So potentially you could ask for the Garion 30-40 teams which are being used in the fumbbl test league to be approved.

I very much doubt this would happen, but the potential is therr

Regash

Post by Regash »

Let me see if I got that right...

The LRB 5.0 is outdated.
The CRP is the actual rulebook.
In addition to the CRP, valid rules are also:
  • Chaos Pact
  • Slann
  • Underworld
  • New Sill Animosity
  • Journeymen rule change
So I print three pages, add that to CRP and I'm good to go again?

Gaixo

Post by Gaixo »

stanrichardson wrote: Sorry man, no I am totally clear on the ruling.

But

Tournaments may be sanctioned if the rules pack includes a new race (Khorne, Brettonians, Apes) or any changes to the rosters (inc new Star Players), but this is at the Tournament Director’s discretion

So this means at the TD discretion any team could potentially be included.

Using apes as the example, this is a community driven team, and those does not really have an official roster, unlike the 24.

So a situation could occur there's confusion on what the roster actually is. For example in stats or costs costs.

The announcement doesn't make it clear what a 'new race' is.

Two of one it names have come from the licensed game, the third is community driven.

So potentially you could ask for the Garion 30-40 teams which are being used in the fumbbl test league to be approved.

I very much doubt this would happen, but the potential is therr
You could request 40 extra teams but would be unlikely to receive sanction (for the next year or so, at least; if a new TD is elected they might feel otherwise). I sought to officially cap such "extra" teams at one per tournament (or maybe two, the point being that it would become an official rule). This move was postponed so that the rest of the committee could consider the issue more closely, as a few of them were unaware that such teams were allowed at all.

It's worth restating that any games played with or against these teams do not count toward rankings. So in your hypothetical tournament, few if any games would count and you'd just as well hold an unsanctioned event.

Gaixo

Post by Gaixo »

stanrichardson wrote: If you would like to use non CRP teams should the rosters be.included in the rules pack?
The most recent tournaments using Khorne have just said "as in the Cyanide game." I would assume you only get three star players.

Those using apes link to a webpage for more information.

The one using a brand new race ("druids") included full rules for them. They also let you opt out of playing against them, so long as this was stated before the tournament began. This is a good policy for organizers to adopt.

If anyone's curious, over the past year we've had about a dozen tournaments with Khorne, maybe two with apes, and then the druids.

stanrichardson
Star Player
Star Player

Post by stanrichardson »

Thanks for the guidance Gaixo

lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Post by lunchmoney »

Gaixo wrote:... They also let you opt out of playing against them, so long as this was stated before the tournament began. This is a good policy for organizers to adopt.
Good idea.

Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95