Proposal to vote on adding Khorne and Brets to NAF database

News and announcements from the worldwide Blood Bowl players' association

Moderator: TFF Mods

Purplegoo
Legend
Legend

Re: Proposal to vote on adding Khorne and Brets to NAF datab

Post by Purplegoo »

Rather neat proving of the point, that. ;)

Reason: ''
frogboy
Legend
Legend

Post by frogboy »

Heff wrote:
Tojurub wrote:
Purplegoo wrote:However, I wouldn't get too riled by Tojurub, if I were you. Internet forum + English not as a first language is probably at fault.
I don't see why you picked me out about this? I just stated that the NAF has not decided anything yet. And this holds true as of now (Oct. 2, 2017, 15:57 CET)
He was defending you.
Haha this is amazing :lol: :lol: :lol:

Khorne though, they dont even make sence and brets are just humans. Nuffle knows why peoole think being born with a silver spoon in your mouth makes you any betterer at Blood Bowl.
And dont get me started on apes, there not even a race of being that live in the Old World/Blood Bowl universe AARRGH!!!

Everyone always ignoring the background writting, but just look at Khorne! The skills dont represent at all anything. Why has the herald not got frenzy!? Why is the bloodthirster so weedy!? He's a greater deamon of khorne!!!

Meh!

Its more likely to be the straw that breaks the older player than the new, but then they'd probably be glad of that so they can turn BB into elfbowl and not even bother to turn up for a game, throwing the towel in now...

Voting on teams they have no idea what they even do, no idea about anything, needing help to cross the road, little Johnny posting help threads on TFF on how to throw a pass but can vote on the Nuffle Dambed BB referendum FFS!!!

:puke:

I'm a British Freebooter, will play for any team including Undead (I have my own Apothecary). Good rates.
lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Post by lunchmoney »

That, Froggy, was an angry sounding post.

Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95
spubbbba
Legend
Legend

Post by spubbbba »

Well I guess the next question is should the variant human, orc, etc teams that GW have published also be allowed?

My past and current modelling projects showcased on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
frogboy
Legend
Legend

Post by frogboy »

lunchmoney wrote:That, Froggy, was an angry sounding post.
I put a smiling sick face at the bottom???

Do you think people will be put off?

I was only messing.

Newbies, come, listen to my long tails of wisdom and how i became the greatest coach of all...

"It all started in the depths of the Deadwood, long ago. A recently plundered caravan which had been ambused on route to the fabled Blood Bowl Grand Tournement lay strune across the road. Cheerleaders and players lay entangled in a gory mess on the floor, gapping gashes and wounds of irriversable compatability to life rendering their days amongst the living gone forever.
One among them lived, clinging to life by sheer determination, the coach of the now forgotten team. In his blood soaked hands he held tightly onto a tomb of great worth. A giant playbook.
Looking up at me he gestured for me to take it. I swiftly looking left and right then back at the crumpled mess on the floor, ignoring the dieing mans wishes i knelt down beside him, carful not to get any blood on my clothes and quckly dispatched the fool with my blunt cooking untensil. He died slowy, i searched the body for gold or even a small morsil of food but there was none, so regrettably i took the heavy book, it seemed to call to me with supernatural powers, i thought I could use it later to start a fire when i was cold. But as it turned out later that night by chance i stumbled into a local Inn and the rest was history."

I'm a British Freebooter, will play for any team including Undead (I have my own Apothecary). Good rates.
Heff
Dwarf fetishist

Post by Heff »

But at least Apes do something NEW. An extra arms based team, str 4 players with AG and Str access but no General. It's a cool theme, don't like Apes, call em something else.

Khorne are just extra frenzy sub norse, I don't care about having a Bloodthirster, just call it a Bloodotard or something. Whole team is not needed, it adds nothing to the game AT ALL.

Brettonians are an abomination. Lets have a MV8 Str 3 AV8 Dauntless Block piece with GS access, that is not at all stupid. (more stupid is to have 4 of them). Just watch all that guard spout like mushrooms on the team Then let's have some wrestle players, who ALSO have str access. As to the bloody peasants, what are they doing there at all. Now I am not a fluff monster but really would a NOBLE spend ANY of his spare time running around a field with a bunch of PROLES. Stupid design end to end!

What has the Committee done with this, pretty much guaranteed that whatever they do is going to piss off some set of people. You don't now allow them after "the people have spoken" and you will annoy them cos "The NAF does not listen". You do put them in and then another set of people will be annoyed because you are going beyond the GW Cannon.

We all know what happens when ""The people speak" and here we are again doing it in miniature. With miniatures.

Heff...Keeping the Dwarf (and lego) hate alive
If you cannot stall out for an 8 turn drive to score with dwarves then you need to go and play canasta with your dad..if you can find him.
dode74
Ex-Cyanide/Focus toadie

Post by dode74 »

Heff wrote:MV8 Str 3 AV8 Dauntless Block piece with GS access
GAP.
https://www.thenaf.net/2015/09/unofficial-races/

Heff
Dwarf fetishist

Post by Heff »

dode74 wrote:
GAP.
No better

If you cannot stall out for an 8 turn drive to score with dwarves then you need to go and play canasta with your dad..if you can find him.
nighson
Rookie
Rookie

Post by nighson »

Heff wrote:
dode74 wrote:
GAP.
No better
That may have been me that caused the confusion as the Plasmoid home teams doc I had posted had Bretonnians older stats from before BB2.

Pipey
Rapdog - formally known as Pippy
Location: King John's Tavern, The Square Mile, West Hartlepool

Post by Pipey »

Many thanks Tojurub, Gaixo for info. Not sure where I got 2011 from... Definitely a few years later.

We'll see. Guess I personally would have liked a strong unanimous voice from NAF on this. Looks like they weren't sure what they wanted to do.

Anyway I guess we'll see if NAF decide to take this forward... ;-) that doesn't seem optional does it? In any case I'll leave you guys to it having not followed all the nuances of the debate throughout. I'm one TO who is eagerly waiting to see what happens next :)

UK Team Challenge IX — 24-25 August 2024

Go to: www.bbuktc.com
plasmoid
Legend
Legend

Post by plasmoid »

Hey Heff,
you're not ranting at the current incarnation of the Bretonnian team.
Now I am not a fluff monster but really would a NOBLE spend ANY of his spare time running around a field with a bunch of PROLES.
1. Why do they use them in their armies?
2. Why do necromancers use skeletons, when they could just use wights?
I'm thinking meat shields is the obvious and proper use of proles.

Cheers
Martin

Narrow Tier BB? http://www.plasmoids.dk/bbowl/NTBB.htm
Or just visit http://www.plasmoids.dk instead
Heff
Dwarf fetishist

Post by Heff »

plasmoid wrote:Hey Heff,
you're not ranting at the current incarnation of the Bretonnian team.
Now I am not a fluff monster but really would a NOBLE spend ANY of his spare time running around a field with a bunch of PROLES.
1. Why do they use them in their armies?
2. Why do necromancers use skeletons, when they could just use wights?
I'm thinking meat shields is the obvious and proper use of proles.

Cheers
Martin
Playing field is not a battlefield old boy. Would have the proles in the trenches but not on the playing fields of Eton.

frogboy
Legend
Legend

Post by frogboy »

Personally i still think it would have been better if the NAF followed GWs lead since the announcement that they are back in the game.

But it seems obvious to me why they wouldnt want to do that for a couple of reasons. One being that there was concern at the time that GW would change the game we know completely like they did to Warhammer Fantasy/AoS. But we are past that now and any new rules that come out just need to be reviewed surely and either sanctioned for tournement play or not.

Its not 40k or AoS where people follow the NAFs rulings for their games at home or in their local club like say ETC rules for fantasy or whatever it was.

plasmoid
Legend
Legend

Post by plasmoid »

Hi Heff,
Would have the proles in the trenches but not on the playing fields of Eton.
If people got killed regularly on the playing fields of Eton, that's exactly what the snobs would do :wink:

But I'll back out of this. Just wanted to point out that you were raging at the wrong statlines.
Cheers
Martin

Narrow Tier BB? http://www.plasmoids.dk/bbowl/NTBB.htm
Or just visit http://www.plasmoids.dk instead
Heff
Dwarf fetishist

Post by Heff »

plasmoid wrote:Hi Heff,
Would have the proles in the trenches but not on the playing fields of Eton.
If people got killed regularly on the playing fields of Eton, that's exactly what the snobs would do :wink:

But I'll back out of this. Just wanted to point out that you were raging at the wrong statlines.
Cheers
Martin
So how many peasants got involved in Tournaments?
And no...if they could have afforded the armour weapons and horses they STILL would not have been allowed to compete.

As to the old v new access. Had a look...still hate the team. Not like l hate dwarves but they are special.