New TD - AMA!

News and announcements from the worldwide Blood Bowl players' association

Moderator: TFF Mods

mawph
Super Star
Super Star

Re: New TD - AMA!

Post by mawph »

Another well written blog Phil. For our game, I could see exactly what you were doing (as described in your blog), but there wasn't much I seemed to be able to do about it in the first half. I'm enjoying the photo of myself too ;)
The main question arising from the article, however, is: Is that photo of Sizzler from Loons?

Reason: ''
Blackshirt Hunter Extraordinaire (2004)
Fish out of water (Waterbowl 2012)
Winner Thrud 2019!
Purplegoo
Legend
Legend

Post by Purplegoo »

I'm not sure, actually. I've stolen it from Alex, I'm sure he'll know!

I'm sure I took a photo of you, I think it's been swallowed by the cloud...

Pipey
Rapdog - formally known as Pippy
Location: King John's Tavern, The Square Mile, West Hartlepool

Post by Pipey »

Could be a Loons special... Anyone wishing to see the real thing in the flesh should sign up to Monkeybowl XII! PLUG! Mawph?

Enjoyable report Phil. I've got one on the boil myself but life's been hectic lately. Watch this space...

UK Team Challenge IX — 24-25 August 2024

Go to: www.bbuktc.com
mawph
Super Star
Super Star

Post by mawph »

I will make it back again eventually. It is quite far north, if you hadn’t realised ;)

Blackshirt Hunter Extraordinaire (2004)
Fish out of water (Waterbowl 2012)
Winner Thrud 2019!
gjnoronh
Experienced
Experienced

Post by gjnoronh »

Working on rules set for an event, and wanted to pull the most recent NAF summary of expected rules.
Can we replace this page:
https://www.thenaf.net/blood-bowl/rules/

with this one https://www.thenaf.net/wp-content/uploa ... e-v1-3.pdf
Which I believe is the most accurate/correct.

I know the folks 'who know' know who where to look, and know to skip the old pages/links. But if you didn't know it takes some doing to find out what's active or not.

sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

Hi,
Have changed that page so that it links here, which is where the big red button on the homepage links to, and what is recommended for rules packs:

thenaf.net/nafdocs

If you find any other inconsistencies (there are a few pages on that site!) do let me know.

Mike

NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler
gjnoronh
Experienced
Experienced

Post by gjnoronh »

Thanks Mike

Sorry to be a squeaky wheel but figured it's worth providing a newbie ish perspective to our longstanding home.

Do we have like a 'root directory' of the website that would list all the pages?
I'm not IT guy but wondering if we had a site map we could trouble shoot what's out of date more easily.

Gary

sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

There is now, but to avoid clogging up Phil's AMA any more (sorry Phil!), here's a new thread: http://talkfantasyfootball.org/viewtopi ... 81&t=44801

NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler
Purplegoo
Legend
Legend

Post by Purplegoo »

I hope everyone is having a lovely Easter break (if you're working, sorry to rub it in!)? My March TD blogs are up. You can catch up on NAF tournament thoughts here and Dungeonbowl reportage here. All feedback welcome, as ever!

speedingbullet
Star Player
Star Player

Post by speedingbullet »

I'm loving your tourney reportage, keep them coming please and you have just inspired me to make the trip to the Dungeonbowl one day :D

Purplegoo
Legend
Legend

Post by Purplegoo »

Excellent! You won't regret it! And thanks. :)

sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

Really good TD report. Recommended reading.

NAF Ex-President
NAF Data wrangler
RoterSternHochdahl
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by RoterSternHochdahl »

speedingbullet wrote:I'm loving your tourney reportage, keep them coming please and you have just inspired me to make the trip to the Dungeonbowl one day :D
How much inspiration do you need?

"Chess is two stoic soviet sleeper agents silently conducting 300 possibility calculations per second. Blood bowl is a game where a halfling makes a shepherds pie so you lose all your re rolls." (Thanks to nonumber)
Jip
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Jip »

A couple of conversations on Facebook and twitter prompted me to pose this one to yourself, as it tends to just be an issue in tournaments, rather than league play.

Are there any plans to restrict the Zara/Karla combo for ‘flings, in the near future?

Many tournament skill-sets mean two Block Treemen are pretty easy to get, but throwing two S4 Dauntless, Blodging Jump Up (with Stab and Stakes on one, just for the lols) into the mix makes them pretty tough to work around. I’ve played against it a couple of times and the ‘flings just get used as a cloud to protect whichever one of the girls get to the ball, first.

Based on conversations I’ve had and seen, I’m expecting to see a few versions of this build next week and know we’re too close to the NAFC to see a last-minute ruling, but just wondered if it was something that had/could been/be mentioned in the NAF meetings.

Perhaps some high placed ‘flings next weekend might be better evidence than the musings of a relatively inexperienced coach like myself though!

Aspiring to improve on mid-table mediocrity, over in the SAWBBL.

Fancy an actual one-dayer? Check out The Coffee Cup.

Looking at attending your first tournament? Have a read of this.
Purplegoo
Legend
Legend

Post by Purplegoo »

There are no plans to restrict stars for any race; all those that appear in CRP and currently in BB2016 are and will be fair game, subject to the whim of TOs. The Zara / Karla combo has been going for a little while, and so far as I’m aware, it’s yet to be consistently, upsettingly good.

The NAFC is 200 coaches and 6 rounds. I’d be more surprised if there wasn’t a Stunty coach that went really well than if there was; with a field that vast and so few rounds for the Swiss to properly settle, anything can happen. I think that’s a part of the charm of the tournament / party myself, but I’d be very wary of taking anything that happens on the weekend as strong evidence of a wider point.