Abstaining from ranking

News and announcements from the worldwide Blood Bowl players' association

Moderator: TFF Mods

Darkson
Da Spammer

Re: Abstaining from ranking

Post by Darkson »

I've asked the NAF pres (who informed me about it) some follow up questions about the "right to retire" after reading the minutes, but never got a reply, so I'll repost them here:

1. Who do I need to contact and when? (No rush in reply, as I'm a member until March, and I don't want to invoke until after LM has uploaded the ARBBL results, as I suspect it would cause problems if I did so before.)
(1a. And seeing as someone saw fit to extend my membership by a year (whoever that was) is it still possible?)
2. Also, as it was a little unclear, say I returned a year+ down the line, would all those games be switched back to my number or stay as "anon"? I'm assuming the latter (which I agree with if so), but wasn't 100%.

Also, if you've had your real name up on the NAF site, you can remove it but you can't leave it blank, you have to replace it with something - I assume that's a thing with the website rather than a conscience decision?

Reason: ''
Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Tojurub
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Tojurub »

Darkson wrote:I've asked the NAF pres (who informed me about it) some follow up questions about the "right to retire" after reading the minutes, but never got a reply, so I'll repost them here:

1. Who do I need to contact and when? (No rush in reply, as I'm a member until March, and I don't want to invoke until after LM has uploaded the ARBBL results, as I suspect it would cause problems if I did so before.)
(1a. And seeing as someone saw fit to extend my membership by a year (whoever that was) is it still possible?)
2. Also, as it was a little unclear, say I returned a year+ down the line, would all those games be switched back to my number or stay as "anon"? I'm assuming the latter (which I agree with if so), but wasn't 100%.

Also, if you've had your real name up on the NAF site, you can remove it but you can't leave it blank, you have to replace it with something - I assume that's a thing with the website rather than a conscience decision?
A1: write an email to contact@thenaf.net and wait until everything is processed. Should be within a few days (if not hours). The "when" is up to you.
A1a: can you rephrase that, I honestly don't understand this.

A2: All games will be recorded with your NAF nickname as long as you are an active member. This is also true if you are an inactive member who did not asked to be removed (see A1). All games in this "anonymous" time will not be recorded, not even retroactively. These games will be "lost" for the database.

A for real names, they will be removed from the database entirely if you asked to be removed from the database, together with all personal data including email address. So if you want to have your old Nickname again, you need to ask for this after you have registered again.

Nuffle Sucks! Heretic, NBA
www.biboba.de
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Tojurub wrote:(1a. And seeing as someone saw fit to extend my membership by a year (whoever that was) is it still possible?)
When I sent the original message to Gaxio my membership finished in March 2018 (a few days before the ARBBL Open), but since I sent the message someone (and I don't know who) has extended my membership to March 2019!

So the additional question (1a) is can you still invoke your "right to retire" while there is still an active membership.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Tojurub wrote:A for real names, they will be removed from the database entirely if you asked to be removed from the database, together with all personal data including email address. So if you want to have your old Nickname again, you need to ask for this after you have registered again.
Sorry, I wasn't being clear there. I've removed my name from the database (at least as far as I can see) but the section where my real name was (the 'Edit personal info' page) wouldn't allow me to leave it blank, I had to put something there (I've put "_____"). That's not a complaint, just an observation.

Tojurub
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Tojurub »

Darkson wrote:
Tojurub wrote:(1a. And seeing as someone saw fit to extend my membership by a year (whoever that was) is it still possible?)
When I sent the original message to Gaxio my membership finished in March 2018 (a few days before the ARBBL Open), but since I sent the message someone (and I don't know who) has extended my membership to March 2019!
Do you remember roughly when you saw the last time that your expiration date was 2018? If somebody renewed you, then it should be visible in the monthly exports. If I know roughly the time frame, that would help me.

Nuffle Sucks! Heretic, NBA
www.biboba.de
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

PM'ing you, so not to clutter this thread further.