Leagues and the NAF

News and announcements from the worldwide Blood Bowl players' association

Moderator: TFF Mods

frogboy
Legend
Legend

Leagues and the NAF

Post by frogboy »

Was asked earlier if there was any point in joining the NAF if you only play league games, i couldn't think of any but wanted to ask if anyone else finds being a member of the NAF good for something.

I'm new to league play so any ideas welcome.

Thanks.

Reason: ''
I'm a British Freebooter, will play for any team including Undead (I have my own Apothecary). Good rates.
Saebelsultan
Super Star
Super Star

Re: Leagues and the NAF

Post by Saebelsultan »

What sprang to my mind was the free use of the OBBLM league management tool. But only the commisioner needs to be a NAF member for that...

"This game is too good not to be played!" - Coach Pauli
Blood Bowl Beginner Kit
Saebelsultan's BB Dugouts
frogboy
Legend
Legend

Post by frogboy »

Saebelsultan wrote:What sprang to my mind was the free use of the OBBLM league management tool. But only the commisioner needs to be a NAF member for that...
I'm not 100% sure but think this tool is free to use anyway without being a member of the NAF. As OBBLM doesn't belong to the NAF, it can be used on own website or whatever.

But thanks, its these types of thing i am unfamiliar with. Obviously there is the free gift too, although somewhat overshadowed by the excellently priced Games Workshop dice now available.

I did say to the guy who asked me that i believe the NAF is more for tournement players unless you wanted the gift, but wanted to check as i may be wrong and would like to offer more information to the league if there is any.

Thanks again.

I'm a British Freebooter, will play for any team including Undead (I have my own Apothecary). Good rates.
sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

Wrote this a while back: https://www.thenaf.net/2015/12/why-join-the-naf/

Short answer - yes, it's more interesting for tournament players, but:
a) we'd encourage everyone to be tournament players
b) wanting to support the game in general

NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler
frogboy
Legend
Legend

Post by frogboy »

sann0638 wrote:Wrote this a while back: https://www.thenaf.net/2015/12/why-join-the-naf/

Short answer - yes, it's more interesting for tournament players, but:
a) we'd encourage everyone to be tournament players
b) wanting to support the game in general
Thanks Mike. Having a look at the different possibilities of online league trackers. There was at least the question of why last night so some interest perhaps. I will pass on the info.

gjnoronh
Experienced
Experienced

Post by gjnoronh »

If you join the NAF and use their installation of OBBLM then they are managing the database for you. You can host your own if you have your own server and can handle code but for a standard not particularly tech savvy person like me having someone else handle the computer stuff was awesome.

You lose control over managing/tweaking the database yourself but I'm not sure that's worth the hassle if you don't know how to do it in any case.

You also can be advertised on the NAF league locator.

sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

You can be on the league locator anyway :)8

NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler