Glicko ranking bugs

News and announcements from the worldwide Blood Bowl players' association

Moderator: TFF Mods

Purplegoo
Legend
Legend

Re: Glicko ranking bugs

Post by Purplegoo »

Thanks, we've picked this up. We had a similar thing at the launch of racial glicko, I expect it's due to inactivity. We'll clean that up.

Reason: ''
kyrre
Experienced
Experienced

Post by kyrre »

Melifaxis wrote:Ranking column seems to have a problem, many people ranked 1,769 throughout the column of data regardless of their value in the rating column.
It should be working now.

cyg-Obsidian
Rookie
Rookie

Post by cyg-Obsidian »

Hi.

and thanks for your work !

Is it possible to add the last update date for glicko ranking as it is for ELO ?

As this ranking is specifically depending on the time past after the last game, I think that's an important information for those (like me) who like dickomet.... sorry rankings :D :D

kyrre
Experienced
Experienced

Post by kyrre »

Yes. That would be nice. Note sure how to go about that just yet.

You can use this site until a date is in place.

http://ghoulhq.com/nafdata/export/

The glicko tables on thenaf.net would be updated within a minute of the CSV files on there.

TheShepherd
Super Star
Super Star

Post by TheShepherd »

kyrre wrote:Yes. That would be nice. Note sure how to go about that just yet.

You can use this site until a date is in place.

http://ghoulhq.com/nafdata/export/

The glicko tables on thenaf.net would be updated within a minute of the CSV files on there.
Can I ask how you're scraping this information? I presume you don't do into everyone profile to amalgamate them :lol:

Shepherd for the Wales team
kyrre
Experienced
Experienced

Post by kyrre »

Sure, I am happy to answer questions about that. The scraper is available here: https://github.com/ketilkn/naf-data. I am using Python with Requests and Beautiful Soup. It is running daily on the tournament list to pick up new tournaments from there. In addition recent tournaments are watched for games and trophies. There is no profiling done outside of games played and ratings. I do not save any real names, only (ever changing) nicks and numbers. I try to add some information about tournaments that are not structured, by trying to guess rules and pairing used.

The idea was that liberating the information would allow members to come up with new stats and find the answer to questions they would have about NAF tournament and game history themselves.

While one can run the scraper independently it easy much easier to just download the sqlite database from the page I linked above. There is also a json version of everything that could be used with javascript on a web browser but I have not really developed that any further than keeping it in one huge textblob.

Jayward
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Jayward »

I don't know if this counts as a bug, but this seemed like the best place to mention it.

When I signed up to the NAF I was registered as English, but changed it to Welsh in 2020 when I realised I've been here half my life. It changed my nation in the ELO rankings but not in the Gliko rankings.

Smooth seas never made a skilled sailor
Jayward
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Jayward »

In the Glicko Racial Rankings almost every race has multiple records. For example, AndyDavo is the top 'Dark Elves' player, but kfoged is the top 'Dark Elf' player. AndyDavo also has a separate score for 'Dark Elf'.

Split records I could see:

Amazon/Amazons
Bretonnian/Bretonnians
Chaos/Chaos Chosen
Chaos Dwarf/Chaos Dwarves
Chaos Pact/Chaos Renegades
Dark Elf/Dark Elves
Dwarf/Dwarves
Elf/Elf Union
Goblin/Goblins
Halfling/Halflings
High Elf/High Elves
Human/Humans
Necromantic/Necromantic Horr
Nurgle/Nurgle's Rotters
Ogre/Ogres
Shambling Undead/Undead
Snotling/Snotlings
Tomb Kings/Khemri
Underworld/Underworld Denizens
Vampire/Vampires
Wood Elf/Wood Elves

Jayward
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Jayward »

Don't know if this thread is the place to put this, but the Glicko rankings on my NAF coach page only appear if I do 'Lookup by Variant -> Classic'.

Should this be linked to 'Blood Bowl' now since that's the default? Or linked to both profiles?