Both Down Newest info!

For all podcast chat

Moderator: TFF Mods

burgun824
Legend
Legend

Re: Both Down Newest info!

Post by burgun824 »

fatfinley wrote:First up the Both Down Chaos Cup Special...

When? :evil:

Reason: ''
Kilowog2814
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Kilowog2814 »

Should be beginning of next week.
We'll record this Saturday night I assume...

Co-Host of BOTH DOWN:The #1 Blood Bowl Podcast... that you can find at Both Down!
Or on Twitter @BothDown
Kilowog2814
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Kilowog2814 »

Both Down Chaos Cup 2014 Special – In this episode we cover the entire trip to Chaos Cup, from the moment we leave, where we eat, what we see, who we meet and even play some Blood Bowl in the middle of this 5 day journey. A longer than normal episode, but we know you can be a bit of a size queen at times so enjoy this extra long episode of Blood Bowl goodness. For the few that read that and think that sounds familiar I swiped the same episode description that I wrote last year and the year before that and just updated the date and deleted a few words, good catch uber fan!

Episode Breakdown by time:

Day One: Road Trip Thursday – 3:50
Day Two: Friday – 12:20
Day Three: Chaos Cup Tournament Day 1 – 22:00
Day Four: Chaos Cup Tournament Day 2 – 1:06:40
Day Five: Road Trip Home – 1:33:35
Shout Outs – 1:34:42
Top 19 “Both Down Approved” Chaos Cup Team Names – 1:40:20

[url]http://www.bothdown.com

Co-Host of BOTH DOWN:The #1 Blood Bowl Podcast... that you can find at Both Down!
Or on Twitter @BothDown
SunDevil
Goblin Fancier

Post by SunDevil »

BOTH DOWN APPROVED!!!

This is Chance from THREE DIE BLOCK - Your Blood Bowl Podcast! Stay off the sidelines!
THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO HELPED MAKE THE SIMYIN A REALITY!!!
Jonny_P
Zlurpcast Main Guy

Post by Jonny_P »

BOTH DOWN APPROVED!!!! (one louder)

Gaixo
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Gaixo »

Both Down approved. (mumbled, barely audible)

siggyllama
Veteran
Veteran

Both Down Newest info!

Post by siggyllama »

I thank you for your thanks! {begin recursive thanks loop}

inkpwn
Raspberry Mage

Post by inkpwn »

Really have had some fun times listening to you guys, just downloaded your latest episode but I'm a little hesitant to start listening. You've had a lot of sexist humour recently and even though you guys are joking those jokes have to have some basis in how you view reality for you guys to even make them, which just makes me a touch uncomfortable when those moments do happen (hell, I'm the exact height you joked about in a recent episode). Still love you guys as people, as friends, as podcasters but I'd be lying if I said I hadn't started skipping small sections when you get to the more mean spirited humour.
I realize a lot of people on this forum have a jokes-A-joke, pub-goer Esq mentality when it comes to these things so I know I'm going to be immediately shot down by those that don't really care but I thought it would be best to say this now while I still want to continue listening.

Kilowog2814
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Kilowog2814 »

inkpwn wrote:Really have had some fun times listening to you guys, just downloaded your latest episode but I'm a little hesitant to start listening. You've had a lot of sexist humour recently and even though you guys are joking those jokes have to have some basis in how you view reality for you guys to even make them, which just makes me a touch uncomfortable when those moments do happen (hell, I'm the exact height you joked about in a recent episode). Still love you guys as people, as friends, as podcasters but I'd be lying if I said I hadn't started skipping small sections when you get to the more mean spirited humour.
I realize a lot of people on this forum have a jokes-A-joke, pub-goer Esq mentality when it comes to these things so I know I'm going to be immediately shot down by those that don't really care but I thought it would be best to say this now while I still want to continue listening.
I can understand your being offended by it and I apologize that that's the case. You know us... we don't mean half the things we say. :-)
I can only speak to my side of things, but I have no problem making fun of gender, race, developmentally disabled or anything else. When we make fun of things, we mock the outliers. I've never been one to shy away from the truth, whether good or bad. I'm not racist, sexist or anything... if anything, I'm more classist. I can't stand people with no class. That's why I've taken to only wearing tuxedos, white gloves and a monocle... <turns nose up at all you plebians"

Or on Twitter @BothDown
burgun824
Legend
Legend

Post by burgun824 »

inkpwn wrote:...and even though you guys are joking those jokes have to have some basis in how you view reality for you guys to even make them...
I disagree with this. I wholeheartedly believe it is possible to joke about anything and mean it 0%. I have told some really terrible and off putting jokes in my time but it's all based on context and audience. A sexist joke does not make someone sexist, it makes them in tune to what's humorous about sexism. And I fully realize that someone is going to quickly point out that, "There is nothing funny about sexism/racism/pedophilia/etc./etc." Well I disagree with that too.

Again...context and audience. I personally would not make a sexist joke in front of you, inkpwn, because I know that you wouldn't appreciate it and that it would make you feel uncomfortable. That just goes back to being a decent human being. However, in this particular case with it being a podcast, I would have to argue that if you don't like something they're saying then you probably either shouldn't listen or you should continue to skip over those parts if you really enjoy the show otherwise. If it's bothering enough people to make folks stop listening then their audience will go away and they won't have a show anymore or be forced to change their format to continue to do well at it.

Kilowog2814
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Kilowog2814 »

burgun824 wrote:
inkpwn wrote:...and even though you guys are joking those jokes have to have some basis in how you view reality for you guys to even make them...
I disagree with this. I wholeheartedly believe it is possible to joke about anything and mean it 0%. I have told some really terrible and off putting jokes in my time but it's all based on context and audience. A sexist joke does not make someone sexist, it makes them in tune to what's humorous about sexism. And I fully realize that someone is going to quickly point out that, "There is nothing funny about sexism/racism/pedophilia/etc./etc." Well I disagree with that too.

Again...context and audience. I personally would not make a sexist joke in front of you, inkpwn, because I know that you wouldn't appreciate it and that it would make you feel uncomfortable. That just goes back to being a decent human being. However, in this particular case with it being a podcast, I would have to argue that if you don't like something they're saying then you probably either shouldn't listen or you should continue to skip over those parts if you really enjoy the show otherwise. If it's bothering enough people to make folks stop listening then their audience will go away and they won't have a show anymore or be forced to change their format to continue to do well at it.
THANK YOU!!!!!! I couldn't have said it better myself.
This coming from man who high fives for good abortion jokes. :-)

Or on Twitter @BothDown
Kilowog2814
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Kilowog2814 »

Both Down Episode 36 – Booty – Are you ready? Well get ready because Steve and Scott are ready to verbally assault you, your mom, and her easy lover! We have an exclusive interview with 2 Time Orclahoma Bowl Champion, Chaos Cup Champion and Mr. “Never Re-roll a Push” Bryan Tew. Then we have a re-review of the Foul Play expansion, and finally we talk 2nd Edition Blood Bowl Secret Weapons! Fan favorites like Shout outs and Snobb Costas are also on the show, enjoy!

Interview with Bryan Tew – 16:40
Game Review: Blood Bowl Team Manage, Foul Play – 1:15:35
Behind the Fluff: 2nd Ed Secret Weapons – 1:31:40
Did You Know? with Snobb Costas – 1:25:25
Shout-Outs! – 1:54:50

http://www.BothDown.com

Or on Twitter @BothDown
Kilowog2814
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Kilowog2814 »

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
And don't forget our new episode is out...

Both Down Episode 37 – Promiscuous – It’s almost Turkey Day! Well Blood Bowl’s biggest Turkeys (Steve and Scott) are here for your listening pleasure. This episode might seem a little strange as the ginger boys record this episode while watching a “Home League” game. During this game (and recording) the guys cover “What would you do?”, Nuffleween III, Blood Bowl Turkeys, Snob Costas and Shout Outs! All of this to fill your belly. What? You still want Pumpkin pie? Well then keep on listening! Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

What would you do? – 11:33
Nuffleween III Recap – 30:34
Blood Bowl Turkeys – 1:11:18
Did You Know? with Snobb Costas – 1:30:05
Shout-Outs! – 1:32:33

Or on Twitter @BothDown
fatfinley
Veteran
Veteran

Post by fatfinley »

Both Down Episode 38 – Blue Christmas – Nine Days till Christmas and Scott Prime has the Nurgles Rot! So while Scott is healing up please enjoy this special episode from the Both Down Vault. It’s Marc Zukerman interviewing your favorite gingers for Gygax Magazine. We promise there will be another great episode this month! Enjoy!

Interview – 11:33
Follow up – 1:32:33

http://www.bothdown.com

Both Down: The #1 Podcast... hosted by Gingers. Check us out at http://bothdown.com/ all feedback welcomed.

Save the date! March 14th 2015 Orclahoma Bowl IV at http://orclahomabowl.com/ plus the Spiky Cup on March 15th 2015
mzukerman
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by mzukerman »

Thanks guys! I had forgotten how great an interview you guys were. I had a lot of fun collecting the info.

A little more background for those who are interested: Gygax Magazine ran into a little trouble with a couple of the core people moving around and the magazine was somewhat unsettled for a while. The article had to be rewritten as they wanted a little bit of a different angle so it missed the deadline for issue #2. I had a pseudo commitment from the gaming editor that it would be in issue #3. If you look at their site though, you'll notice that they never released issue #3. The magazine is still around as they are updating their website, twitter and a reaching out to their reader base, but they have had a lot of trouble getting that third issue going. I don't know what the status is at this point.

So Scott, there is still a chance your father can be proud of you! :D

I haven't made my way through the entire episode as I got hit with Nurgle's Rot this week as well, but now that I'm listening it's bringing back good memories.

Thanks for the shout out and the time on the podcast!

Marc

"I reserve the right to change my predictions when they are no longer true. I am The Media." ~ Snob Costas
libloodbowl on Twitter
Long Island Blood Bowl League
Empire Cup