Tackle Zone Radio

For all podcast chat

Moderator: TFF Mods

Grumbledook
Boy Band Member

Post by Grumbledook »

must be the irish accent huh

thought he sounded like the manager of the conchordes (sp)

Reason: ''
bouf
Friend of Bumblef**k

Post by bouf »

Infernarl wrote:Are you aware of threedieblock? The competing blood bowl podcast?

http://threedieblock.libsyn.com/
Yes, I got the whole Blood Bowl Podcast Idea because no one else was doing it... Then after we record the pilot, 3DB beats us to the punch.

A lot of the content in 3DB seems to revolve around their league(s) and the house rules witthin, TZR plans to keep our content more generic and community driven.

In that regard I don't see them as a compedator, we both have BB podcasts but our target audiences are different. I think that you could listen to both shows and get a dual perspective on BB.

~ bouf - Find me on Board Game Geek
Or find me on YouTube!
bouf
Friend of Bumblef**k

Post by bouf »

Grumbledook wrote:thought he sounded like the manager of the conchordes (sp)
Alright, Lets call the role

Or find me on YouTube!
skritter
Veteran
Veteran

Post by skritter »

I love Blood Bowl, and I love Podcasts

A Blood Bowl Podcast. Brilliant!!!

Melbourne Blood Bowl Leaguer
Thadrin
Moaning Git

Post by Thadrin »

I hadn't heard of 3dieblock until now...and looking at their show notes I can't be bothered listening because I have no interest in their league.

I know a bear that you don't know. * ICEPELT IS MY HERO.
Master bleater. * Not in the clique.
Member of the "3 digit" club.
littlejonnyfrostbite
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by littlejonnyfrostbite »

TZR for the win...listened to it yesterday and was very impressed so keep up the good work. Will give threedieblock a go as well although shouldn't it be three dice??

I'm worried that my podcast subscription is getting too big though, soon there won't be time for music!

[url=http://www.terranovagryphons.co.uk]Terra Nova Gryphons[/url]
Harry Buddha Palm
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Harry Buddha Palm »

Pug wrote:Just started listening......Shawn sounds like Father Doogal from "Father Ted"....Sorry but he does! Just can't get the image out of my head...so far so good...
He reminded me of the Irish guy from "The IT Crowd". When he first started talking, I thought he was English, but then he said "aboot" and I thought " 'Aboot?' Is he Canadian? He doesn't really sound Canadian." then the other guy started talking and he had an Australian accent and I couldn't figure out where these guys were from. Then they mentioned Brisbane and then said the guy was from Canada, so it all made sense. The more I listened to him, the more he sounded like the dude from "The IT Crowd" so I guess Canadian accent + Australian accent = Irish accent, which is pretty funny.

Anyways, it was an interesting podcast. I've never played the game, but I'm pretty interested in it and looking forward to hearing more from you two. I'm glad that one of you uses Skaven and the other uses Orcs as they are the two teams I'm most interested in.

oryxwild
Experienced
Experienced

Post by oryxwild »

Well, I went to go and look at how long my voice recording is - it's 9 minutes, if I recall correctly - and realized that it's on my other computer. I might be able to get it off of it (it's a laptop, the power cord melted. I haven't gotten a new cord yet, but it has about 5 minutes of battery left), but I won't bother if you're not interested in listening to it.

bouf
Friend of Bumblef**k

Post by bouf »

I'm happy to listen to it if you are willing to go through the hassle. But weether or not we air it (or a portion of it) will depend on the content.

If it's a hassle, don't worry about it. We're here for the long haul, You can get it to us when it's convenient!

Or find me on YouTube!
voyagers_uk
Da Cynic
Location: Nice Red Uniforms and Fanatical devotion to the Pope!

Post by voyagers_uk »

Thadrin wrote:I hadn't heard of 3dieblock until now...and looking at their show notes I can't be bothered listening because I have no interest in their league.
neither had I, but I subscribed anyway. It is actually quite interesting, their house rules are not too disturbing and thus it isn't a foreign language. They do cover off some of the basics and skill choices for "team of the week" as well as some colour commentary of the local leagues they are involved in. If you ignore the Team Blogs that get posted here then I would think that you would hate the podcasts as it is similar, but as I love them, I enjoyed it.

Their enthusiasm for the game is undoubted and they come across well.

When Tackle Zone Radio comes onto Itunes I will subscribe to that as well.

Ikterus wrote: But for the record, play Voyagers_UK if you have the chance. He's cursed! :P
Ithilkir
Legend
Legend

Post by Ithilkir »

Excellent stuff :) Just sat down to listened to it and am very impressed, will be listening to it each time it's out so looking forward to it all!

Cheers,
Stephen :: LRB 5.0 Background Editor
Blood Bowl 2005 & 2006 :: Winner of Most Casualties
The Lore of Nuffle :: The webs biggest BB flavour archive!
bjorn9486
Star Player
Star Player

Post by bjorn9486 »

Nice guys! Listened to it during my lunch break, keep up the good work.

Lychanthrope
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Lychanthrope »

I'm looking forwad to doing the itunes thing as soon as it's available.

There are also some good blogs. Brownrob just started one at:
http://bbminis.blogspot.com/

I like it so far! or try Mephitsot's:
http://mephisto84.wordpress.com/

Have fun. Sorry for the tread hijack.

Digger Goreman
Legend
Legend
Location: Atlanta, GA., USA: Recruiting the Walking Dead for the Blood Bowl Zombie Nation

Post by Digger Goreman »

I liked it very much.... The talk style was easy, smooth and lucid... while being quite informative and covering a lot of ground....

Liked it so much I put a link on my Coach's Corner....

LRB6/Icepelt Edition: Ah!, when Blood Bowl made sense....
"1 in 36, my Nuffled arse!"
bouf
Friend of Bumblef**k

Post by bouf »

Tackle Zone Radio is now on iTunes!

Please subscribe to Tackle Zone Radio via iTunes as this will increase the chance we land in the 'new and notible' section... And perhaps even land in the 'featured' section.

Also, if you like Tackle Zone Radio, please leave us a positive review!

We want to be a community driven show, so please help us reach a wider community. ;)

~//~

By the way, we are just tweaking the final recording and still hope to release Episode001 this weekend.

Thanks for your support guys, if feels good to be this close to an official launch!!!

Or find me on YouTube!