Tackle Zone Radio

For all podcast chat

Moderator: TFF Mods

bouf
Friend of Bumblef**k

Tackle Zone Radio

Post by bouf »

Tackle Zone Radio is a dedicated Blood Bowl Podcast that is determined to give the Blood Bowl Community a Voice. Your hosts, Shawn and Matthew, strive to make Tackle Zone Radio 'Your Source for Blood Bowl Tips, Tactics and Hobby Craft'. That means that they want you to help Drive the direction of the show. Matthew and Shawn want you to give them feedback; Ask questions, Send Pictures, Give advice... Whatever you want to share with the Blood Bowl World, they wish to deliver.

Shawn and Matthew have some great ideas for recurring segments including Roster Dissection, Beginner and Advanced Advice, Hobby Spotlight and also our Coaches Corner. They plan to do some Interviews, some Round Table discussions and of course a Mail Bag segment, so that they can get you all involved as well! They plan to include every aspect of Blood Bowl Today... from the Table top games to the Tournament scene. From the Games Workshop Miniatures to the Scratch Built Pictures and Teams. From the New Computer Game to the all important Blood Bowl Utopia, League Play! Tackle Zone Radio plans to help show how all these elements come together to make Blood Bowl the sport of Kings!!!

The Broadcast Schedule will run fortnightly and each episode will run for roughly an hour. You will be able to find the show at www.tacklezoneradio.com or search for it on Twitter and Facebook. You can e-mail Matt and/or Shawn on tacklezoneradio@gmail.com for a more personal response and of course you can subscribe to the show on Apple iTunes, and leaving the show a positive review there will increase the exposure of the show and expand the audience.

The first Episode is due to be released within the next fortnight, but the boys have decided to broadcast the Pilot recording. It's very Raw and the Lads have learned a lot about Podcasting from the professionals. Shawn and Matthew thought it might be worth a laugh to have the "Virgin Effort" to be put to air. Your Hosts stumble through the origins of the game, fascinate you with their history as Blood Bowlers and announce exactly what you can expect when listening to Tackle Zone Radio. This is their First Recording and Shawn's first time in front of a Microphone but it is still a very strong first step. It doesn't contain the polish that Tackle Zone Radio intends to deliver from fortnight to fortnight, but everyone thought that you may be interested in hearing the humble beginnings.

So Join Tackle Zone Radio for a run around the pitch and help bring Blood Bowl to the community in a whole new way!

Thanks and Speak to you soon

Shawn (bouf)
&
Matthew (Scalpifig)

Reason: ''
~ bouf - Find me on Board Game Geek
Or find me on YouTube!
littlejonnyfrostbite
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by littlejonnyfrostbite »

Hooray! will download and give it a listen and let you know what I think...should be ace though :)

[url=http://www.terranovagryphons.co.uk]Terra Nova Gryphons[/url]
Thadrin
Moaning Git

Post by Thadrin »

have added feed to my 'phone and will take a listen when I get time. I have a backlog of podcasts to get through atm because I'm on holiday and usually listen to podcasts while I'm at work (or on the way there or home)

I know a bear that you don't know. * ICEPELT IS MY HERO.
Master bleater. * Not in the clique.
Member of the "3 digit" club.
voyagers_uk
Da Cynic
Location: Nice Red Uniforms and Fanatical devotion to the Pope!

Post by voyagers_uk »

I must be losing it as I cannot find it on Itunes

Ikterus wrote: But for the record, play Voyagers_UK if you have the chance. He's cursed! :P
Draig
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Draig »

Added it as well. Got a long bike ride planned today and I'll give it a listen then. Nice to see a BB related podcast.

bouf
Friend of Bumblef**k

Post by bouf »

voyagers_uk wrote:I must be losing it as I cannot find it on Itunes
Sorry, We're still smoothing out a few kinks.. It will be available on iTunes Very Shortly

Or find me on YouTube!
Lychanthrope
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Lychanthrope »

Hey guys, great concept and I listened to about 5 minutes, but I really need a way to download the whole podcast to my computer then listen to it. I have a dial up connection, nothing else available here, so I had to listen to that 5 minutes 2 to 3 words at a time.

I am now following on Twitter and shared on FB, but listening via streaming isn't going to work for me. Can I save target as somewhere?

bouf
Friend of Bumblef**k

Post by bouf »

Lychanthrope wrote:Hey guys, great concept and I listened to about 5 minutes, but I really need a way to download the whole podcast to my computer then listen to it. I have a dial up connection, nothing else available here, so I had to listen to that 5 minutes 2 to 3 words at a time.

I am now following on Twitter and shared on FB, but listening via streaming isn't going to work for me. Can I save target as somewhere?
Once it's on iTunes (in the next few days) you can subscribe there. Thats the best way. Or on the tacklezoneradio.com look for a "RSS FEED" link. Clicking that should set you as a subscriber Via RSS.

Or find me on YouTube!
Grumbledook
Boy Band Member

Post by Grumbledook »

i enjoyed it, you guys have good voices for radio

makes a nice change, a lot of people who attempt stuff like this sound really dull

Draig
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Draig »

I really enjoyed this. As someone getting back into BB after a long rbeak this is just what I need. Will definitely be downloading the next one!

pyttroll
Veteran
Veteran

Post by pyttroll »

Brilliant, thanks for your dedication to BB :D

I love it so far.

Pyt

Most sporting - Golden Sweetbun 2009
oryxwild
Experienced
Experienced

Post by oryxwild »

I have a voice recording that might be fun to run on tackle zone radio. It's mostly me goofing off while explaining the game to beginners, but if you want to give it a listen I'll send it to you via email.

bouf
Friend of Bumblef**k

Post by bouf »

what are the details...

How long is it? What size is the file? ETC...

Or find me on YouTube!
Infernarl
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Infernarl »

Are you aware of threedieblock? The competing blood bowl podcast?

http://threedieblock.libsyn.com/

Pug
Legend
Legend

Post by Pug »

Just started listening......Shawn sounds like Father Doogal from "Father Ted"....Sorry but he does! Just can't get the image out of my head...so far so good...

"In Dodge We Trust"