Tackle Zone Radio

For all podcast chat

Moderator: TFF Mods

bouf
Friend of Bumblef**k

Re: Tackle Zone Radio

Post by bouf »

Tackle Zone Radio is BACK on the air!

Visit www.tacklezoneradio.com and download Episode 008 - 'Paint Da Fence' today.

Topics discussed in this show: The Lads commiserate over their extended absence and the comedy of errors that led to it. Then they hook straight in to how to defend against the Play styles discussed in Episode 1. Finally they have a glance at house rules before recapping in Coaches Corner.

Sorry again for our horrible absence.

Thanks for listening!

Reason: ''
~ bouf - Find me on Board Game Geek
Or find me on YouTube!
lanky316
Experienced
Experienced

Post by lanky316 »

Good episode, thoroughly enjoyed it but don't get me started on "illegal procedure" that's one of Mrs Lanky's favourite plays. Distract me by making me go and make tea or popping off to the loo at the end of a turn without saying she's finished and coming back asking if I've finished. I get caught out, she calls IP and I lose a reroll, or with no rerolls we will allow turnovers. She loves Blood Bowl headology!

Grumbledook
Boy Band Member

Post by Grumbledook »

Illegal procedures grant the other team a reroll now...

lanky316
Experienced
Experienced

Post by lanky316 »

We don't use that as it was pointless since 99% of the time we don't use more than 5 rerolls in a half so adding more didn't seem worthwhile for us. Oh look... another reroll I won't use unless I'm REALLY unlucky with the dice. Which is the only time the turnovers would come into play anyway. Plus it was always frustratingly funnier imo on an occasion that happened.

Harry Buddha Palm
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Harry Buddha Palm »

Would it be possible for you to post a transcript of that interview with Galak somewhere, Bouf?

bouf
Friend of Bumblef**k

Post by bouf »

It was a great interview and we intend to re-record it now that we're back on the waggon and motivated.

Let me look into Galak's schedule and see what I can arrange.

Or find me on YouTube!
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

Harry Buddha Palm wrote:Would it be possible for you to post a transcript of that interview with Galak somewhere, Bouf?
Bouf,

If you have the original interview as a sound file anywhere at all ... I could probably transcribe it. I type 75 wpm.

Tom

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

bouf wrote:Let me look into Galak's schedule and see what I can arrange.
If you have any idea of the type of equipment I'd need to make it better let me know.

I believe from talking to the Zlurpcast folks that I need a microphone and not just the computer mike for Skype to work correctly.

Tom

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
bouf
Friend of Bumblef**k

Post by bouf »

GalakStarscraper wrote:
bouf wrote:Let me look into Galak's schedule and see what I can arrange.
If you have any idea of the type of equipment I'd need to make it better let me know.

I believe from talking to the Zlurpcast folks that I need a microphone and not just the computer mike for Skype to work correctly.

Tom

What you had was fine, the errors were on our end and I think we've just about fixed it... We want run a few test runs and see how we end up (before we keep you up to the crack of sparrows again). But thanks for your understanding!

Will we see you on Zlurpcast soon?
Main guy!

Or find me on YouTube!
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Heck if I can somehow not have tried to fire bomb the Chicago GW bunker after December 2010 ... I think I can avoid getting bent out of shape over a lost interview.

In a way I'd like to actually see what I said during that interview if the sound files exist. It was before GW came out with the whack-a-mole hammer on me and I know what I said then would be very different to what I think now.

Tom

bouf
Friend of Bumblef**k

Post by bouf »

It's a big file, I can FTP it to you if you like. (pm/email me the details)

But please don't transcribe it before we get a shot at a reinterview ;)

Or find me on YouTube!
Lycos
Da Ex-Boss

Post by Lycos »

Really enjoyed TZ radio and Zlurpee pod cast tonight!! Sat at the pc for a few hours doin NAF stuff listening to the community put its stuff out... had a productive evening doing all sorts of mails and updates while listening in.... good stuff. I like'd the way both Nathan and Bryan have that "other guy" sorta role....made me smile many a time..

TFF mod team
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

bouf wrote:But please don't transcribe it before we get a shot at a reinterview ;)
Don't delete it then.

I'll wait until after the next interview before I try to mess with it. :D

Tom

bouf
Friend of Bumblef**k

Post by bouf »

Lycos wrote:Really enjoyed TZ radio and Zlurpee pod cast tonight!! Sat at the pc for a few hours doin NAF stuff listening to the community put its stuff out... had a productive evening doing all sorts of mails and updates while listening in.... good stuff. I like'd the way both Nathan and Bryan have that "other guy" sorta role....made me smile many a time..
Ya, Main Guy!!

I really like Zlurpcast too, very funny. I just typed up an iTunes review (5 star) for them... Us podcasters like that kind of thing! (hint, hint)

By the way, I'm finally joining the NAF, I have posted some stuff over on Ausbowl to try get a hold of babs. Now all I need is time to play in a tourney!

Or find me on YouTube!
daloonieshaman
Legend
Legend

Post by daloonieshaman »

bouf wrote:Tackle Zone Radio is BACK on the air!

Visit http://www.tacklezoneradio.com and download Episode 008 - 'Paint Da Fence' today.

Topics discussed in this show: The Lads commiserate over their extended absence and the comedy of errors that led to it. Then they hook straight in to how to defend against the Play styles discussed in Episode 1. Finally they have a glance at house rules before recapping in Coaches Corner.

Sorry again for our horrible absence.

Thanks for listening!
It's all about priorities
remember it is not selfish to take some time for yourself when you are busy doing stuff for other people (work, family ect)

2014 Chaos Cup Stunty Cup