Pitch Invasion: A Blood Bowl Podcast

For all podcast chat

Moderator: TFF Mods

Kikurasis
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Pitch Invasion: A Blood Bowl Podcast

Post by Kikurasis »

Episode 3: Ramblings of a Champion #1 is now up!

We chat with a former champion of GOBBLN to see how he planned and led his team to a championship!

Reason: ''
2013 Challenge of Q'ermitt -- Best Team
2013 Lakeside Cup -- Best Team
2013 Chaos Cup -- Best Team
2014 Canadian Open -- Best Team
Kikurasis
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Kikurasis »

Episode 4 is available now -- we discuss our favorite models for each of the teams.

ChenZhen
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by ChenZhen »

Good episode. I enjoy the miniatures portion of the hobby, and it was fun to hear your thoughts regarding the various teams.

chigger254
Experienced
Experienced

Post by chigger254 »

Liked the episode, disagreed with most of your model choices/opinions though. :p

Kikurasis
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Kikurasis »

Thanks guys! One reason we almost didn't do this topic was because so many people like different things, but we wanted to introduce some of our league players to models from third-parties.

Next one may be more polarizing... ;)

TheDoc
Star Player
Star Player

Post by TheDoc »

Nice ep guys. You want to check out the Gaspez arts vamps. Vamps are excellent and not over big. Thralls.... it still probably is the GW set.

chigger254
Experienced
Experienced

Post by chigger254 »

TheDoc wrote:Nice ep guys. You want to check out the Gaspez arts vamps. Vamps are excellent and not over big. Thralls.... it still probably is the GW set.
Yeah, those Vampires look fantastic, but I also am not thrilled with the thralls that come with them. I like that they're women, but they just don't look nearly as good as the Vampires themselves.

Took a look at the GW Thralls for the first time and they DO look really good. It looks like the only Blood Bowl models GW put out that I liked was more than just the Human and Norse teams. Now I'm half considering making a team out of Gaspez Vampires and GW Thralls....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Kikurasis
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Kikurasis »

I think the Gaspez ones are good, but only if you prefer a 'feral'-type of vampire (Noseratu, etc.), as opposed to a 'human'-type. I personally prefer the human-like ones, but I wouldn't blame anyone for wanting a team like this if they preferred those types of vampires. They *are* nice models (a couple of positions -- crouched with arms to the side -- I don't like), so a team from them would be good. :)

chigger254
Experienced
Experienced

Post by chigger254 »

Ahhhh, you're a sparkle Vampire man, gotcha. :wink:

Rewslaun
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Rewslaun »

Nice episode guys.

This got me thinking as you were discussing a lot of recently released teams (last year or two). I really want to have a team for each of the 24 races. So I buy them at a rate my paintbrush can't keep up with. I have 23 unique teams to represent 23 of the 24 races and 3 doubles where I bought a newer team to replace the models of my old GW teams. Some of my teams (10+) are only in the primed stage but when I see these new awesome looking teams come out I want to shelve what I have and buy the newer better looking models. I'm finding this frustrating as I was perfectly happy with my teams until I see the new ones. Is anyone else struggling with this?

chigger254
Experienced
Experienced

Post by chigger254 »

That dilemma is what forced me to wait to buy teams I want until I'm ready to paint them, as I keep seeing teams in the works for being released that look awesome, and even if I don't want those teams, it makes me think that there is a good chance that some underrepresented teams may come out at some point and make me regret trying to cobble together teams with miniatures from multiple manufacturers.

At this point I'm trying to keep it to teams I think I might want to play at some point, but some of the teams, like the still in sculpting phase Amazons, make me want to buy them even though I doubt I'd ever play them. I may just tell myself that collecting Blood Bowl teams is my new primary hobby to justify it.

TlawsonTim
Rookie
Rookie

Post by TlawsonTim »

Thanks again for the solid input, I find my team collection rising each month. I am trying to make an effort to get the teams I have assembled painted before the new ones ship.

Feel free to send us some pictures of your teams and we would be gald to showcase them on our Facebook page.

Kikurasis
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Kikurasis »

Episode 5 is out -- Ramblings of a Champion #2 (Suck It!)

This time, Delevus talks about his Vampires, how he likes to play them, and what he did to build them to win a league.

DeToX86
Rookie
Rookie

Post by DeToX86 »

All I have to say about this episode is that I disliked the talk about the season 7 championship match..... No reason why. :P (Although it may have to do with all the talk about vampires dodging everywhere through my team to pick up the ball and pass it to another vampire that dodged into the endzone in OT, maybe.)

Kikurasis
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Kikurasis »

Episode 6 is up! We chat about league formats, playoff/tournament formats, and the ongoing BKBBL playoffs for Season 4.