Pitch Invasion: A Blood Bowl Podcast

For all podcast chat

Moderator: TFF Mods

TheAzman
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Pitch Invasion: A Blood Bowl Podcast

Post by TheAzman »

I've just started getting into podcasts today. ( I know... I'm a little behind the times...)

I thought the last episode was great. Mike Davies sounds like a super great guy and Tlawson Tim and Kikurasis were engaging and respectful. They all share a passion for this really great and fun game and it was nice to hear. I don't feel the need to go back and listen to what happened before (apparently it wasn't nice, I guess) because I thought this episode was great and what happened in the past is in the past. I got a lot of info out of it and I'm looking forward to more.

Thanks, guys.

-Jason

Reason: ''
Winning... it beats losing.
Saebelsultan
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Saebelsultan »

Where I was not a fan of the previous two episodes, I must admitt, that the last Interview Episode with Mike was very well done. Informative, with controversial viewpoints and a mutual love for the game.
That was fun to listen to. Thank you for that and ultimately for considering the many responses you got before.

"This game is too good not to be played!" - Coach Pauli
Blood Bowl Beginner Kit
Saebelsultan's BB Dugouts
sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

Thanks guys. I'm going to try and do the rounds of a few different podcasts to keep NAF chat going :)

NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler
mikeyc222
Star Player
Star Player

Post by mikeyc222 »

I just started listening to Pitch Invasion, and of course, just happened to start with the last 3 episodes. Since I am also a smartass at heart, I didn't have any problem with the content or tone of the podcasts. I think they brought up some good points that probably needed to be discussed, though it would appear that most people here didn't find as much humor in it as I did. I did like the interview with Mike and thought that episode came across really well on both sides.
One thing that I wanted to mention was the issue of the voting which was brought up several times. I don't really think that extremely low numbers of voters is a result of people not really knowing WHERE to vote, for the most part. I know for myself, I have never voted in a single NAF election because I really couldn't possibly care less who wins. It's not going to affect me in any way. The NAF will continue to do it's thing, which I understand is purely thankless, volunteer work, but as I don't really care about my rankings very much, what they do just doesn't have any impact on me. I have decided to try to give the OBBLM a try just to see if I like it, but honestly (and I know the NAF at least used to take great offense to this opinion) the only reason I have ever paid NAF dues is to get slightly over priced dice. I don't really know what it would take to get me to care about who is running for positions in the NAF. I agree with your belief that the number of ACTIVE NAF members are FAR below their paid membership numbers. I know people at tournaments who will pay for a NAF membership for their opponents who do not have one so that the games with those opponents will count towards their ranking. I don't know how often that happens, but I have seen it happen so I know it is a real thing.
The short explanation is to say that the NAF simply needs to find a way to engage more with it's members and get those members to engage more with the NAF and the community at large. How do they make that happen? I don't have the slightest idea. I'm just one coach who only recently came back to TFF after rage quitting 10 or so years ago. I am going to give being more engaged a shot by trying the NAF hosted OBBLM, but that is only one tiny thing to try. I like the idea of tournament and league prize packs from the NAF. I think that would be a great way to get people to engage with the NAF and provide a real reason for the community to want to engage with the NAF more. I don't think that it is some sort of magic bullet, but I think it is a good place to consider starting.

Don't take life too seriously, you'll never get out alive.

NickJMereel
Rookie
Rookie

Post by NickJMereel »

Thanks guys. Thanks for starting this discussion.

I know many users don't like how it was done but I personally think it was the only way to really get stuck in to the nitty gritty.

I'm one of those NAF members that attends tourneys rarely but my love for the game makes me compelled to pay up every year and stay part of the community - long may the NAF continue but it's going to need to evolve to survive.

Love the podcast too. Keep it up!!!