Double Skulls Podcast

For all podcast chat

Moderator: TFF Mods

Talarius
Experienced
Experienced

Re: Double Skulls Podcast

Post by Talarius »

Just finished listening to your first show. A great addition to the Blood Bowl podcasting family.

At one point, you were talking about using Cyanide to test out team builds and said something like, "build the team, throw the game on hard mode and see how it goes." I have always heard that "hard" mode isn't the best setting to use on Cyanide and that "medium" is the better choice.

This is how I remember it:
In Hard mode, the A.I. will always cage up and attempt to march up the pitch, Dwarf-style, regardless of the team being used; even with Wood Elf and Skaven teams.
In Easy mode, the A.I. will play loose, throw more passes and not cage up.
In Medium mode, the A.I. will cage up when appropriate, or try to score quickly with the fast teams when appropriate.

Of course, the A.I. is still a poor decision-maker on Medium, but it at least behaves *more* appropriate to the given teams than it will on Hard. If someone else has heard differently, feel free to correct me. I have always played the game on Medium as a result of this info.

If Blood Bowl 2 featured 20+ teams and had truly improved A.I. I would buy it in a heartbeat. If it really does ship with only 8 teams, I'll be holding off until the inevitable expansion versions come out.

I look forward to more of your shows. Good stuff! :-)

#geronimo

Reason: ''
sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

Struggling to find it on Itunes. Might just be me. Can you type a link or something in, or do you have to use the search function?

NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler
J_Bone
Super Star
Super Star

Post by J_Bone »

Mike, if you type "Double Skulls" into iTunes you'll get it. For some reason it's not popping up when you type "Blood Bowl". We'll remedy that ASAP.

The brains behind the Double Skulls Podcast http://doubleskulls.libsyn.com/

Beardman.
J_Bone
Super Star
Super Star

Post by J_Bone »

Beardman.
J_Bone
Super Star
Super Star

Post by J_Bone »

And thanks Talarius! I'll bear that in mind and see if it actually does make it more of a challenge! I've been in training for a match against Orcs for the last couple of weeks so the MEGA-CAGE setting wouldn't be too bad I guess but I'll change it up and see how I go!

Beardman.
Cartercaine
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Cartercaine »

Talarius wrote:Just finished listening to your first show. A great addition to the Blood Bowl podcasting family.

At one point in the show, you were talking about using Cyanide to test out team builds and said something like, "build the team, throw the game on hard mode and see how it goes." I have always heard that "hard" mode isn't the best setting to use on Cyanide and that "medium" is actually the best choice.

This is how I remember it being said:
In Hard mode, the A.I. will always cage up and attempt to march up the pitch, Dwarf-style, regardless of the team being used; even with Wood Elf and Skaven teams.
In Easy mode, the A.I. will play loose, throw more passes and not cage up.
In Medium mode, the A.I. will cage up when appropriate, or try to score quickly with the fast teams when appropriate.

Of course, the A.I. is still a poor decision-maker on Medium, but it at least behaves *more* appropriate to the given teams than it will on Hard. If someone else has heard differently, feel free to correct me. I have always played the game on Medium as a result of this info.

If Blood Bowl 2 featured 20+ teams and had truly improved A.I. I would buy it in a heartbeat. If it really does ship with only 8 teams, I'll be holding off until the inevitable expansion versions come out.

I look forward to more of your shows. Good stuff! :-)

#geronimo
Thanks for listening. Episode 2 should be up soon. I'm very interested in the Cyanide information. I hadn't heard that before though I have noticed the AI has a tendency to cage up no matter the situation. I thought all the AI sucked but it might be just because I'm playing on hard. Will have a few goes on medium and let you know if I noticed anything different.

In the meantime has anyone heard differently?

The looks behind the Double Skulls Podcast http://doubleskulls.libsyn.com/
It's like golf right? The lower the number the better?
Skarsnikk
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Skarsnikk »

Geronimo!

For now I shall be a proud and mentally impaired player who apparently shares the same intelligence level of that of a chimp. Now if you would excuse me I have pressing matters to attend to, I have found a stick and I am going to poke a banana.
Jonny_P
Zlurpcast Main Guy

Post by Jonny_P »

J_Bone wrote:(Contains swearing)
Approved. 8)

Seriously... good job guys!

J_Bone
Super Star
Super Star

Post by J_Bone »

Thanks Jonny! Does this mean I'm officially a main guy? When do I get my membership pack?

Beardman.
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Cartercaine wrote:I'm very interested in the Cyanide information. I hadn't heard that before though I have noticed the AI has a tendency to cage up no matter the situation. I thought all the AI sucked but it might be just because I'm playing on hard.
Talarius is correct, but you are correct, all the AI settings suck. Medium level is just the best balanced between it taking and not taking risks, it's still not any good.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
J_Bone
Super Star
Super Star

Post by J_Bone »

Episode 2 has just gone live on iTunes and Libsyn! Get your fill of us rambling on about league play and all our other recent gaming stuff...

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/dou ... 48077?mt=2

http://doubleskulls.libsyn.com/double-s ... e-2-take-2

Beardman.
Merrick
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Merrick »

Yesssssssssssssssssss.

Kilowog2814
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Kilowog2814 »

Co-Host of BOTH DOWN:The #1 Blood Bowl Podcast... that you can find at Both Down!
Or on Twitter @BothDown
J_Bone
Super Star
Super Star

Post by J_Bone »

Double Skulls: We f#%k up a lot so YOU don't have to!

Beardman.
frogboy
Legend
Legend

Post by frogboy »

Geronimo!

I'm a bit late to the party I guess but nice first episode, sounds great which is the most important thing IMO. Hopefully my battery holds out for the second episode now :)

Hey main guy with beard (J_Bone) didn't realise you was a famous pod caster when we was speaking at the Welsh Open this weekend gone, you probably wont remember me being that your all famous, but we talked some shit about bashing whilst I was quenching my thirst at the tea urn.
Hope your not going to give away all my super secrete tactics over the wireless. Otherwise my team and your team, they going to have a fall out at the next tournament and your players are gunna be the ones doing the falling ;)

frogboy
:D

I'm a British Freebooter, will play for any team including Undead (I have my own Apothecary). Good rates.