Team England Charter Proposals (October 2023)

Moderators: Purplegoo, TFF Mods

speedingbullet
Star Player
Star Player

Team England Charter Proposals (October 2023)

Post by speedingbullet »

Hello all,

The Committee has been discussing a tidy up of the Team England (TE) Charter. This is considered necessary to allow the team to be selected earlier than in previous years, to give those not selected time to finalise other plans, and in the light of the increasing popularity of the big Blood Bowl events and the danger they sell out early. It is also necessary to formalise the selection process for the TE EurOpen team.

The proposed charter is attached as a pdf. The changes are documented in red so they are easy for readers to identify. The changes are relatively minor and/or associated with formalising the selection process for the TE EurOpen team which is proposed to be selection by the TE Committee, as it was for Malta.

This thread is a discussion thread. It is intended for the discussion to be open for 1 week prior to voting (yes or no) on whether to accept the proposed charter. Timescales are summarised as follows:

19 Oct to 26 Oct Discussion thread open
27 Oct to 04 Nov Voting thread open
05 Nov Result announced

As usual with TE voting, in order to vote you must be an English NAF member and have played a NAF tournament in the 12 months prior to voting.
Please participate in the discussion and cast your vote by posting on the voting thread once it has been opened.

Jim & the TE Committee
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Reason: ''
Barney the Lurker
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Re: Team England Charter Proposals (October 2023)

Post by Barney the Lurker »

Thanks for posting, really like the language being more around the English Community and solidifying the EurOpen team as part of Team England. Agree with all of the changes.

Leipziger
Legend
Legend

Post by Leipziger »

Much though it pains me I’m in agreement with Barney 😃

Twitter:@wormito
Waterbowl fb group https://www.facebook.com/groups/WaterbowlMcr/

Stunty Slam 14 - 10/09/22
Waterbowl Weekend 2023, Feb 18/19, NWGC

Team England Committee Member
KFoged
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by KFoged »

Leipziger wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 1:10 pm Much though it pains me I’m in agreement with Barney 😃
I think the rest of us are just agreeing with him in silence 🤐

cornish
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by cornish »

I agree with the changes and like the strengthening of the community aspects. Thanks Committee!

Could I ask why the Committee still ‘invites individuals to come forward’? With a relatively limited pool of (eligible) English coaches (presume a couple hundred if that) could it not be assumed that NAF registration, and the stipulations (games played, European event etc) makes a coach eligible as standard, accepting that they may wish to formally opt-out. It would be easier to maintain an opt out register and in my eyes it would be a far more inclusive approach and likely better satisfy the community.

NAF Name: Cornish
speedingbullet
Star Player
Star Player

Post by speedingbullet »

Thanks for the posts and please do keep them coming. Just a couple of days until the voting thread opens.

@Cornish we do want people to come forward. I think it’s important they do so as it is quite a commitment from coaches to travel internationally, financially but also time off work, impact on family etc. I do think, however, that the Committee including Captain and anyone interested in Team England should encourage good coaches to put their names forward.I’ll certainty be doing just that.

cornish
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by cornish »

Thanks Jim, yes I agree it is a big commitment and indeed many might not be able to travel for a multitude of reasons, or unfortunately just not be interested!

However, I would have thought they’d just refuse the invitation and TE Captain/ Committee would move through their shortlist however. Or indeed if we didn’t like the concept of refusals they could even be scoped about whether they might accept if invited prior to offering formally.

It felt like more of a traditional process and based on what I’ve heard from the community I thought it may help wider engagement so wanted to ask. But glad the Committee have a preferred approach and thanks for responding so quickly.

cornish
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by cornish »

Sorry another question!

Why is the date of this update prior to the closure of the Captain voting? Although there may be no change to the Captaincy and it could be a moot point, if there was a change wouldn’t the perspective of the new Captain as a new Committee perspective be helpful in a Charter update, not least during their tenure period?

Chris

speedingbullet
Star Player
Star Player

Post by speedingbullet »

No need to apologise for a question, Chris!

We thought the timing of the Charter update, coinciding with Captaincy election, would help with engagement ie we hoped lots of interest in the Captaincy would generate more views of the Charter thread.

speedingbullet
Star Player
Star Player

Post by speedingbullet »

The voting thread is now open. Please have your say by casting your vote.