Conceding without penalty?

Moderator: TFF Mods

jawCross
Rookie
Rookie

Conceding without penalty?

Post by jawCross »

CONCEDING [page 67]

You may concede at the start of any of your team turns. However, doing so means that:
  1. The opposition is awarded one touchdown, and any touchdowns your team has scored are voided and awarded to the opposition. (page70 = If your team was awarded any touchdowns as a result of the opposition conceding the game you may allocate each touchdown to a player of your choice and give them SPP accordingly.)
  2. You are unable to award an MVP to any of your players.
  3. You do not generate any winnings. (page69 = Note that, if one team conceded, Fan Attendance is not divided by two. Instead, the full amount is awarded to the winning team.)
  4. Your Dedicated Fans characteristic is reduced by D3 (to a minimum of 1).
  5. Finally, roll a D6 for each of your players that has gained three or more advancements:
    • On a roll of 1-3, the player quits the team in disgust. Immediately delete the player from your Team Draft list.
    • On a roll of 4+, the player remains with the team.
  6. If a player concedes a match, they immediately lose the game. [errata]

WITHOUT PENALTY [page 40]:
Note that should a team find itself reduced to only three players or fewer, it may concede without penalty before setting-up.

Question: Which bullets are considered as penalty? Everything else but "lose the game"?

I have also seen couple of tournaments which give -15 tournament points when conceding. Any idea is there some general consensus does this also concerns merciful conceding? Or is this also penalty and thus not affecting?
--
I just played my first match with Vampire and game was 2-2 when I was setting up my 4 last players against 11 elves. I can imagine future matches where TD's are 2-2 and I'm setting three or less players against full team. So merciful conceding might be valid option. I think the result will be then my (normal) lose 2-2. (Without conceding the most probable outcome would be 2-3 my lose, plus some heavy beating)

Reason: ''