How Diving Catch -skill works in Second Season?

Moderator: TFF Mods

jawCross
Rookie
Rookie

How Diving Catch -skill works in Second Season?

Post by jawCross »

This is from the old Rule - Living rule book v6:
that would land in an empty square in one of his tackle zones
and
A failed catch will bounce from the Diving Catch player's square. If there are two or more players attempting to use this skill then they get in each other’s way and neither can use it.

BB-2020 rules say:
This player may attempt to catch the ball if a pass, throw-in or kick-off causes it to land in a square within their Tackle Zone after scattering or deviating.

And Errata clearly states:
Q: What happens if the ball lands in the Tackle Zones of multiple players from opposing teams with the Diving Catch skill? (p.75)
A: Each player may attempt to catch the ball, in an order chosen by the active team’s coach.

Q: What happens if the ball lands in the Tackle Zones of multiple players from the same team with the Diving Catch skill? (p.75)
A: Each player may attempt to catch the ball, in an order chosen by the controlling coach.
So at least it is clear that multiple player can use Diving Catch skill on the same landing.

Question1: Which coach is the active coach during Kick-off? (Does Blitz!-event change this?)

Question2: Where the ball bounces if Diving Catch fails (or multiple Diving Catches fail)?

Question3: Can Diving Catch be used on non-empty space? (emptiness is not mentioned any more)
-Prone or Stunned player?
-Player without tackle zone?
-Player with No Hands -trait?
-Own or opposing player standing?
*In which order then normal catch and Diving Catch(es) are rolled?

Reason: ''
lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Re: How Diving Catch -skill works in Second Season?

Post by lunchmoney »

1 - I would say the coach receiving the kick is the active coach, but I don't think there's any rules to back that up. (During a Blitz event it's irrelevant as the ball is in the air still and once it lands the receiving team are active again.)

2 - it's not mentioned in anyway so there is no reason to believe that the ball changes square (unless caught) so it bounces from the square it was landing in. IE don't use the previous edition as a basis for interpreting current rules 😉

3 - I'm sure this one is going to cause debate. But I say the ball hasn't landed in a square if it lands on a Prone player etc, and it will bounce.

Reason: ''
Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95