New type of forum

Moderator: TFF Mods

voyagers_uk
Da Cynic
Location: Nice Red Uniforms and Fanatical devotion to the Pope!

New type of forum

Post by voyagers_uk »

Hi JohnnyP,

I am lost looking at Skijunkies stuff and have no brain for all that technical stuff :-? .

Wouldn't it be a good idea to have, in a similar way to the Admin group of forums, a BB systems group with Pbem and others that way we can group all of the different clients and systems under one roof for those programmer proficient people to read through, I am just not sure it is General anymore.

Anyway I leave it open for discussion.

Reason: ''
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

I don't have a problem with a Leagues group that SkiJunkie's stuff to go into ... but leave the PBeM thread.

A lot of folks are discovering PBeM .. and having its own thread is important in my opinion.

Galak

voyagers_uk
Da Cynic

Post by voyagers_uk »

Close but obviously not clear enough.

In the same way that Pbem is at the moment in General topics, I felt that pbem , Bloodbowl websites, and BB Clients/Interfaces could go in a group called

"BB Tech" each with their own threads/forums/topics. gather all the techy stuff under one umbrella.

just an idea though. have to be playtested.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thadrin
Moaning Git

Post by Thadrin »

forum category would be "Tech".
There'd be three forums - PBeM, Websites and "The BB Cubicle" for the programmers rattling on about the latest patches and fixes in SkiJunkie's tool....all the stuff that us ordinary mortals and our basic HTML knowledge can't cope with.

I know a bear that you don't know. * ICEPELT IS MY HERO.
Master bleater. * Not in the clique.
Member of the "3 digit" club.
voyagers_uk
Da Cynic

he plays Dwarves he know what I'm on about.....

Post by voyagers_uk »

Cheers Thads for putting it in sensible scots english. I even like the name - very Dilbert indeed! :)

Bengo
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Bengo »

No I disaree I think we should call the new area "Fred" :wink: The only drawback I can tink of is it will make the page a little longer and at its curent length I already have to scroll to see the whole thing. Nitpicky I know, nut you know how it is when you sit there and hit refresh to se if anyone has posted yet :D

PS: Hey voyagers_uk you going for some personal best for posts of the day today I am having trouble keeping up.

voyagers_uk
Da Cynic

Post by voyagers_uk »

Not too busy yesterday, had time to sit and think. 8)

Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

A Tech/programming forum could be useful, but Pbem shouldn't be included, as Pbem is much more to do with game reports/trash talking from the MBBL, MBBL2, RABBL, Little League and rookie Leagues rather than technical jargon. Galak and Ronald take care of most of that off-board.

"Deathwing treats newcomers like sh*t"
"...the brain dead Mod.."
voyagers_uk
Da Cynic

Post by voyagers_uk »

accepted DW, nut how about a little topic to allow General information about the system itself and techincal issues like the pictures or updates to the software.

Idea in progress :?: