Member Status

Moderator: TFF Mods

Remco
Experienced
Experienced

Member Status

Post by Remco »

How do you "promote" from rookie to veteran? How many "promotions" are there and how are they named? And most important of all: How do you become "School Girl Pinup"?!? :D

Reason: ''
Note to self: make sure to start every game with "PLEASE, DON'T KILL ME!!!!"
christer
Star Player
Star Player

Post by christer »

Most of the titles are based on the number of posts. Some of them are "honorary".

I think "Veteran" is at around 50 posts, "Star player" around 250 and "School Girl Pinup" at 500.

-- Christer

FUMBBL - http://fumbbl.com
Thadrin
Moaning Git

Post by Thadrin »

Current Honoraries:
Deathwing - Da gossapa (due to his having posted twice as much as anyone except...)
Galak Starscraper - Da Numba Kruncha (being the expert on BB history, and a general maths nerd - no offence meant Tom)
Norse - Da Organiza (one of the two men behind the TalkBloodBowl.com invitational tournament, which was won by...)
Marcus - Da Tulip Champ (who won said tournament, in Amsterdam last month. Bloody good fun it was too.)
Acerak, Neoliminal, Milo, Angus McKee, Andy Hall, Babs - Rulz Guru (these are six of the seven members of the Blood Bowl Rules Committee. The seventh - Jervis Johnson himself - doesn't, as far as we know, post here. I'd imagine he looks by occasionally though.)

Voyagers-UK, myself and Anthony TBBF are all getting towards the 1000 post mark...and only have four stars each. I'm wondering if there is something at the 1001 post mark...we'll see in a couple of weeks or so.
If there isn't then by that stage we might get our own honoraries, like da Paint masta for Anthony (best painted team at Ressurection, organized the TBB painting contest), Santa for me (my dwarf team were made famous on here a couple of months ago thanks to everyone deciding that my Deathroller driver looks like Santa Claus. A very pissed off santa claus. he's still on show...the thread is in the minitures section) and something equally silly for Voyagers...dunno what though.

I know a bear that you don't know. * ICEPELT IS MY HERO.
Master bleater. * Not in the clique.
Member of the "3 digit" club.
Zy-Nox
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Zy-Nox »

Thadrin wrote:and something equally silly for Voyagers...dunno what though.
ESSEX BOY that should do it :wink:

[url=http://www.talkbloodbowl.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3460]Hall Of Famer[/url]
Novice Heretic
Wielder of the Trout of Nuffle Slapping
"I hope this makes sense,most things make sense in my head, but not to other people"
Marcus
Da Tulip Champ I

Post by Marcus »

Venomous Breath also gets "Da 2002 Bloodbowl Champ" for his guernsey at Res.

Marcus

Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

1001 is BB Legend or something, there used to be a list in the FAQ, but it's not there since the latest update.

"Deathwing treats newcomers like sh*t"
"...the brain dead Mod.."
Marcus
Da Tulip Champ I

Post by Marcus »

Here's a thought, any way to link in NAF ranking when NAF goes live?

Marcus

Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

I have no idea. I doubt it though..the easy option I guess is to put it in your sig. and update it yourself.

"Deathwing treats newcomers like sh*t"
"...the brain dead Mod.."
Longshot
Da Capt'ain

Post by Longshot »

Does anybody have any informations about this NAF ranking?
Like starting Date, the way it is calculated and used and so on?
Thx guyz

Lightning' bugs for the win

http://teamfrancebb.positifforum.com/
Anthony_TBBF
Da Painta

Post by Anthony_TBBF »

Starting date is "soon" ;)

We were aiming for August but we are a bit behind but working hard to wrap it up!

The ranking system is based on a formula that make me cry every time I look at it, but the simple explanation is that it's based on the world Chess ranking system. Basically you starty off withg a rating and can gain or lose points from that rating depending on the rating of the person you play.

Neo can explain it better, in fact if you do a search you can probably find on that's already posted.

The TBBf is back! http://tbbf.obblm.com/
Longshot
Da Capt'ain

Post by Longshot »

no problem, i see how it will work (i ve played chess for 10 years..)
Just one thing more: will it be bonus point to get during WE internationnal Tournament or no? will it be as important as a house tournament and so on?

Lightning' bugs for the win

http://teamfrancebb.positifforum.com/
christer
Star Player
Star Player

Post by christer »

Large tourneys will be more important in terms of ranking than small ones..

The basic idea is that for each game you play, you can change at max K in rating. K = 2*sqrt(num_of_coaches). So, for a 16 team tournament, you'll be able to win or lose at most 2*4*number_of_games rating.

The actual change in rating per game is based on result and win probability, so the only way you will be able to win/lose the max number of points is if you have a 100% chance of winning and lose or if you have a 0% chance of winning and win.

Very nice formula if you ask me :)

-- Christer

FUMBBL - http://fumbbl.com