Grammar

Moderator: TFF Mods

JenniRP70
Da Ex-Boss

Post by JenniRP70 »

It refers to the fact that a poster starting a thread in that forum is a newbie, therefore it is a forum for that person in the singular sense. He/she is a new member of the site and is posting a topic in the forum dedicated to themselves. That person is known as a 'Newbie' so when they post we refer to that post as Newbie's post with that forum being for Newbie to use. So, it does not refer to the collective new members plural, but a new member singular.

Have I squirmed my way out of it :-?

I suppose your going to tell me that the spelling for a newbie is actually spelt with a 'y' and not an 'ie' :roll: ......well screw you :D

Duzz it matta, evribodi nose wot itz fore aniway :roll:

JohnnyP :smoking:

Reason: ''
Snotling Championship League Commisioner
[url]http://www.bloodbowl.co.uk[/url]

Da Boss of TalkBloodBowl.com
Snew
Legend
Legend

Re: Grammar

Post by Snew »

Chairface wrote:
Whitehorn wrote:Don't hate me, it's my job 8)
Keep it up and I might start hating you! :D
It's true. He hates me.

Keeps me up at night. :zzz:

Have fun!
DoubleSkulls
Da Admin

Post by DoubleSkulls »

Now you are being daft.

Newbie's is the singular possessive form(?) so means there is one newbie who owns the forum.

If you are going to change it at all it should be Newbies' which is the plural possessive meaning the forum owned by multiple newbies.

However is possessive the right form or not? I'd argue not since the purpose of the forum is for newbie questions - not the exclusive use of newbies.

Ian 'Double Skulls' Williams
JenniRP70
Da Ex-Boss

Post by JenniRP70 »

Well somebody has already changed it so who give a flying..... :D

Ok, so there was a grammatical error and are lots of others dotted about too. I'm not really bothered since it has no affect on the functionality of the board. But for all those who can't sleep at night without ensuring they have campaigned for every spelling or grammatical error to be put right before the sky falls, I'll put them right.

You see, I can't bear the thought of you lying awake at night worrying over the Rules forum description's mis-spelling of understand (which has also been changed by somebody by the way).

I'll do what I can for you all, but its going to cost. For every spelling or grammatical error I have to put right in the infrastructure text of TalkBloodbowl.com (not individual posts), the person who pointed it out must donate £1. You can make your donations via the Paypal button at the top of the site. I'm sure we'll hear nothing more bout such things :P

Cheers

JohnnyP

Snotling Championship League Commisioner
[url]http://www.bloodbowl.co.uk[/url]

Da Boss of TalkBloodBowl.com
mattgslater
King of Comedy
Location: Far to the west, across the great desert, in the fabled Land of Comedy

Post by mattgslater »

JohnnyP wrote:For every spelling or grammatical error I have to put right in the infrastructure text of TalkBloodbowl.com (not individual posts), the person who pointed it out must donate £1. You can make your donations via the Paypal button at the top of the site. I'm sure we'll hear nothing more bout such things :P
How many pesos is that?

What is Nuffle's view? Through a window, two-by-three. He peers through snake eyes.
What is Nuffle's lawn? Inches, squares, and tackle zones: Reddened blades of grass.
What is Nuffle's tree? Risk its trunk, space the branches. Touchdowns are its fruit.
Snew
Legend
Legend

Post by Snew »

I can't sleep because of the ninjas.

Have fun!