TBB speed issues?

Moderator: TFF Mods

mubo
Star Player
Star Player

Post by mubo »

Have been having issues, but last day or so has been fine.
Better for anyone else?

Reason: ''
voyagers_uk
Da Cynic
Location: Nice Red Uniforms and Fanatical devotion to the Pope!

Post by voyagers_uk »

Dark_Soul wrote:Only JohnnyP can tell you that.
But can he or will he? :roll:

Ikterus wrote: But for the record, play Voyagers_UK if you have the chance. He's cursed! :P
howlinggriffon
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by howlinggriffon »

It's taken me half an hour of refreshing a webpage to be able to post this. I know I don't make a lot of posts but I do like reading the site as it's the No. 1 site for getting ideas on tactics and discussing the game. It's really damn frustrating to use though :(

howlinggriffon

Post by howlinggriffon »

Just to report, when I connect to TBB in the early hours of the morning GMT, there's no speed issues at all. Could it be the server just can't handle the amount of bandwidth requested at certain times?

stashman

Post by stashman »

I almost always have problems nowdays to log on. It usally drops and I have to try again and then I have to log on instead of the normal entering.

DoubleSkulls
Da Admin

Post by DoubleSkulls »

I think TBB is fine when Europe sleeps... so the problem would appear to be the volume of users online at the same time.

Ian 'Double Skulls' Williams
Mr. Bonebreaker
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Mr. Bonebreaker »

Vice versa it's fine, too, right now, when the other half is sleeping the page is fast.

Edit: Okay, I have to take it back, one time I can connect to the page and it runs smooth, half an hour later, nothing works.

Blammaham
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Blammaham »

I have been having these issues too for the last week or so it has been particularly bad.S.

Outstanding painting. Spike 2009!
sirsebstar
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by sirsebstar »

Blammaham wrote:I have been having these issues too for the last week or so it has been particularly bad.S.
I did NOT have a lot of issues in the past, up to a few weeks ago, but I have a LOT of problems lately.
not sure why, but often the entire board fails to load

Vigfus
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Vigfus »

Are people still having these issues because over here it is all fine now. The site is back up to the speed it used to be

I am De Duvel, but you can call me Sjapie
Lychanthrope
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Lychanthrope »

IF I can get it to load up I'm fine and the speed is fine, but often these days I give up and close out. I can let it try and load for 30 minutes while I do other things or nothing and it doesn't load. I almost always have to log it after that when it does connect. I've tried on several different computers/networks around Northern Indiana. It seems pretty hit or miss weather I'll be able to get on the site.

Lychanthrope
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Lychanthrope »

Also, when I do get on there aren't as many post since my "last visit" as I think there should be. I think it gets part way in and gets stuck. I could not get in all weekend and this morning, but when I got in this time, 2 hours after my first try, there were only about 10 posts.

nerdkingdan
Experienced
Experienced

Post by nerdkingdan »

I'm a web programmer,
I used phpBB (the software powering the forums) back in 2001 and ended up finding a lot of problems with it in terms of scalability. From the best of my memory and from looking at the tag at the bottom of the screen, Talkbloodbowl is using what I had tested.

In other words I ended up not using it for my project because I found parts of it that did not perform well under heavy load. There were some flaws especially while people were performing searches.

I had a conversation on the phone this week with a friend of mine, and two of us did the same search at the same time on this site and it seemed to send the site in a tailspin for 10 minutes.

I like the search feature but you may want to turn it off, or get someone with some web programming skill to make a new front end that uses the same database structure to keep all the old posts.

I'm not 100% but you may also be able to update phpBB. The newer versions may clear this up.

GreyKnight
Emerging Star
Emerging Star
Location: Spreading the word of Nuffle in my robes, socks, and opened-toed sandals.

Post by GreyKnight »

Whatever that can fix these horrendous slow loading times, please do!

:cry:

[color=gray][b]GreyKnight[/b][/color]
Duke Jan
Legend
Legend
Location: Watching the great unclean armpits of a Beast Of Nurgle

Post by Duke Jan »

Doing a tracert to www.talkbloodbowl.com I get two slow steps. The one to oneandone.net and the one from oneandone.net, perhaps a different hosting service is the solution.

Nuffle Sucks!