Newbie from Indianapolis

Moderator: TFF Mods

BetYourBippy

Newbie from Indianapolis

Post by BetYourBippy »

Hey everyone! My name is Amelia and I'm from the far planet of Indianapolis, IN. Ok, I realize it isn't a planet, but seeing as fantasy is involved, I figured I'd implement a lame joke.

Anyway, I'm new to the whole fantasy football thing, but from what I've played, I've thoroughly enjoyed. I enjoy making teams and seeing what happens. . . . even if I'm not really good at it. ;)

Welp, that's about all I gotta say. See ya'll later! :)

Reason: ''
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Re: Newbie from Indianapolis

Post by GalakStarscraper »

If you live in Indianapolis ... you have to come to Zlurpee Bowl!!!!

http://www.zlurpeebowl.com/

Indianapolis is home to 2 largest Blood Bowl tournaments in the USA ... ZlurpeeBowl in July and GenCon Bowl in August.

You also need to check out:
http://zlurpeebowl.com/Forums/index.php

These forums keep you updated on all the Blood Bowl events happening around Indiana, Illinois, Wisconsin, Michigan and Ohio.

Galak

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
SierraKiloBravo
Veteran
Veteran

Post by SierraKiloBravo »

GalakStarscraper wrote:If you live in Indianapolis ... you have to come to Zlurpee Bowl!!!!

http://www.zlurpeebowl.com/

Indianapolis is home to 2 largest Blood Bowl tournaments in the USA ... ZlurpeeBowl in July and GenCon Bowl in August.

You also need to check out:
http://zlurpeebowl.com/Forums/index.php

These forums keep you updated on all the Blood Bowl events happening around Indiana, Illinois, Wisconsin, Michigan and Ohio.

Galak
+1. If you live near Indianapolis, you really must go. No reason not to, if there's a big tourney like that basically in your front yard.

Control the lightning.
Brewmiester
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Brewmiester »

BetYourBippy wrote:Hey everyone! My name is Amelia and I'm from the far planet of Indianapolis, IN. Ok, I realize it isn't a planet, but seeing as fantasy is involved, I figured I'd implement a lame joke.

Anyway, I'm new to the whole fantasy football thing, but from what I've played, I've thoroughly enjoyed. I enjoy making teams and seeing what happens. . . . even if I'm not really good at it. ;)

Welp, that's about all I gotta say. See ya'll later! :)
And if you want to drive a little we have a league down in Bloomington

http://www.bloomington.bloodbowlleague.com/

duckwing
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by duckwing »

Does "Amelia" imply femininity?
I must say that I thought Blood Bowl was the last nerd hobby that would never see any female practitioners :P

Praise Nuffle!
rodders
Legend
Legend

Post by rodders »

duckwing wrote:Does "Amelia" imply femininity?
I must say that I thought Blood Bowl was the last nerd hobby that would never see any female practitioners :P
really!!!

i know at least 5 female players possibly could name more if i really put my mind to it

Propping up the Chelmsford Bunker since 2010

NAF RTO southern UK
duckwing
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by duckwing »

rodders wrote:
duckwing wrote:Does "Amelia" imply femininity?
really!!!

i know at least 5 female players possibly could name more if i really put my mind to it
It's funny, but Blood Bowl really is the only "nerd boy" hobby for which I've never (previously) seen, heard or read from any female paractitioners.

Praise Nuffle!
Lychanthrope
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Lychanthrope »

There is one female that plays in Indianapolis, Xtreme's wife, she's pretty good. There are two females in Chicago, Valdric's fiance, they meet on the pitch with league play, and Main Guy's wife. There's also a female in the Toledo area. Zlurpee and GenCon always has at least 2 females.

Stout Youngblood
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Stout Youngblood »

I am working on my daughters to play, too!

Digger Goreman
Legend
Legend
Location: Atlanta, GA., USA: Recruiting the Walking Dead for the Blood Bowl Zombie Nation

Post by Digger Goreman »

Welcome Amelia....

Dazzle them with your intellect, insight and sharp queries... they'll settle down....

Tom Anders, aka Galak Starscaper, is well worth knowing... if it's within your means, please consider making his acquaintance at the Bowl/Cons.... Imho, he's done more for this game than anyone....

Of course I have to pimp my website, and hope that you too are a practitioner of the Necromantic coaching arts: Necro-Tacticum.... If nothing else, at least there's a good basic tactics article (used by permission)....

Speaking of which (and if you haven't), scour the League and Tournament articles/posts... top-notch reading....

And pay attention to Mattgslater posts.... Not that I want his ego any greater... but he does have a firm grasp on tactics....

Again, welcome to the party!

LRB6/Icepelt Edition: Ah!, when Blood Bowl made sense....
"1 in 36, my Nuffled arse!"
voyagers_uk
Da Cynic
Location: Nice Red Uniforms and Fanatical devotion to the Pope!

Post by voyagers_uk »

Welcome to the forums Amelia

Digger has been very informative and not at all naughty.. amazing what a female presence can lead to..

long may it continue... :smoking:

Ikterus wrote: But for the record, play Voyagers_UK if you have the chance. He's cursed! :P
Grumbledook
Boy Band Member

Post by Grumbledook »

what like loads of people taking over a month to say hi...

Digger Goreman
Legend
Legend
Location: Atlanta, GA., USA: Recruiting the Walking Dead for the Blood Bowl Zombie Nation

Post by Digger Goreman »

voyagers_uk wrote:Welcome to the forums Amelia

Digger has been very informative and not at all naughty.. amazing what a female presence can lead to..

long may it continue... :smoking:
Ah, yes... humor... that elusive quality composed of either the non-sequitor/unexpected.... Quite elusive... yes....
Grumbledook wrote:what like loads of people taking over a month to say hi...
My inattention to detail.... Didn't even notice the starting date....

LRB6/Icepelt Edition: Ah!, when Blood Bowl made sense....
"1 in 36, my Nuffled arse!"