Account deletion

Moderator: TFF Mods

molten
Veteran
Veteran

Account deletion

Post by molten »

First question is for the mods. I am asking why my account can not be deleted?

I have requested a mod to delete my old account and all the posts for obvious reasons, but I was told it can not be done. Is there a reason for it?

By law since it wasn't stated in any of the pre-registration conditions I have the right to request all my data, my posts, and my old user name deleted. I know it was stated by an act or law. I will ask tomorrow to be 100% sure of what I am saying. But at least my old account should be renamed. This of course because my old user name relates and can cause confusion for users reading my old posts and create issues for the company.

Thank you,
Chris

Reason: ''
SierraKiloBravo
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Account deletion

Post by SierraKiloBravo »

molten wrote:First question is for the mods. I am asking why my account can not be deleted?

I have requested a mod to delete my old account and all the posts for obvious reasons, but I was told it can not be done. Is there a reason for it?

By law since it wasn't stated in any of the pre-registration conditions I have the right to request all my data, my posts, and my old user name deleted. I know it was stated by an act or law. I will ask tomorrow to be 100% sure of what I am saying. But at least my old account should be renamed. This of course because my old user name relates and can cause confusion for users reading my old posts and create issues for the company.

Thank you,
Chris
Good luck figuring out the choice of laws / agency / IP issues with this.

Control the lightning.
voyagers_uk
Da Cynic
Location: Nice Red Uniforms and Fanatical devotion to the Pope!

Re: Account deletion

Post by voyagers_uk »

just for the records the account has been deleted.

however the posts will remain so as not to inconvenience the site and render discussions and threads illegible.

given that the user is deleted there is nothing to tie the posts to

the requests around IP and Data protection are taken seriously by the Moderators, however we have to place the integrity of the whole on an equal footing.

thankyou for your participation.

Ikterus wrote: But for the record, play Voyagers_UK if you have the chance. He's cursed! :P