I didn't expect this tyrannical behaviour

Moderator: TFF Mods

lucasluckydelux
Veteran
Veteran

I didn't expect this tyrannical behaviour

Post by lucasluckydelux »

I just want to say that I don't like the way admins are restricting users about speaking freely and respectfully about issues that interest lot of people; moreover after all that has happened with GW and what they have donne to OUR community.

Just to clarify: I don't want to discuss about any minis company because it has already been cleared that we are not allowed to talk about it; I want to discuss about why admins restrict users in such tyrannical way and I would like to know if it has been an special case or we can expect to be treated like that often in the near future.

Reason: ''
SierraKiloBravo
Veteran
Veteran

Re: I didn't expect this tyrannical behaviour

Post by SierraKiloBravo »

This forum is like private property. It's effectively as if we're all sitting around talking in someone's house. If the home owner doesn't like what we're saying or how we're saying it, they have the right to throw us out, lock the door, and turn the water hose on us if we don't leave.

Control the lightning.
duckwing
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by duckwing »

Yes, the owner of the house has the right to be a jerk. Doesn't necessarily make it ok.
But I can understand that some issues cause some heated feelings and as long as it only is a one-time thing I won't pass judgement, seeing as this is, as SKB said, private property.

Praise Nuffle!
Joemanji
Power Gamer

Post by Joemanji »

I agree that this restriction of free speech is completely outrageous. Even more so is the restriction on us even commenting on the actions of the mods. It is particularly annoying given that it is being done in MY name "for the good of the community". I hold no truck with these actions. What "they" did was wrong. But these actions from the mods are just as despicable. It is not for the mods to dispense their idea of justice for the behaviour of companies or individuals off-site. If I disagree with them in private will they ban me and all mention of me too? Let the actions of the community speak for our opinion of the company in question (in whether they buy said products).
SierraKiloBravo wrote:This forum is like private property. It's effectively as if we're all sitting around talking in someone's house. If the home owner doesn't like what we're saying or how we're saying it, they have the right to throw us out, lock the door, and turn the water hose on us if we don't leave.
This is a reasonable position, and I acknowledge it. However, the owner of this house is Doubleskulls, not the mods who have taken this action. I would politely request that he state his position on the matter.

*This post may have been made without the use of a hat.
Greyhound
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Greyhound »

Let's have no illusions here, free speech is not what forums are for.

I'm behind the mods on this one.

Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

Just a heads up that further discussions are currently ongoing. I'd politely ask people to refrain from venting until the position is finalised. Thanks.

"Deathwing treats newcomers like sh*t"
"...the brain dead Mod.."