I think mods shouldnt be erasing posts without any reason

Moderator: TFF Mods

lucasluckydelux
Veteran
Veteran

I think mods shouldnt be erasing posts without any reason

Post by lucasluckydelux »

I think mods shouldnt be erasing posts that critizice them in a constructive way.

Reason: ''
kariuz
Rookie
Rookie

Re: I think mods shouldnt be erasing posts without any reaso

Post by kariuz »

I agree!

Thadrin
Moaning Git

Post by Thadrin »

No posts have been deleted that I know of.
One has been moved following a report.
The matter has been discussed and the stance has been softened up a bit. Posts to that effect were up this morning.
We'd still rather that companies guilty of criminal behaviour were not discussed.

I know a bear that you don't know. * ICEPELT IS MY HERO.
Master bleater. * Not in the clique.
Member of the "3 digit" club.
lucasluckydelux
Veteran
Veteran

I posted something yesterday and it has been erased. I dont think anyone was talking about any minis nor company in the post but I am not 100% sure because it has been erased without any explanation nor trace...

Thadrin
Moaning Git

Post by Thadrin »

lucasluckydelux wrote:I posted something yesterday and it has been erased. I dont think anyone was talking about any minis nor company in the post but I am not 100% sure because it has been erased without any explanation nor trace...
It hasn't been erased. It has been moved to a Moderators only section.
I couldn't tell you who moved it.

voyagers_uk
Da Cynic
Location: Nice Red Uniforms and Fanatical devotion to the Pope!

Post by voyagers_uk »

I didn't find your post contained much criticism at all.

I think it was a little misguided in it's approach, but certainly not worth deletion.

Ikterus wrote: But for the record, play Voyagers_UK if you have the chance. He's cursed! :P
lucasluckydelux
Veteran
Veteran

Ok. Understood.

rodders
Legend
Legend

Post by rodders »

imho i'm very dissapointed with hpw the moderation on this forum has/is going only knowing 2 of you personally (and not very well i'll admit) i'm very dissapointed, We're all ( well majority of us) are adults and are all capable of making up our own mind on subjects and companies behaviours etc. I don't condone "certain companies" actions which quite frankly disgust me and i shall make no further comment or support them in anyway but i strongly feel if members want to discuss them (in a civil manner) they should be able to.

this is supposed to be " Talk fantasy football" not "talk Fastasy Football but not about companies the mods don't like"

From now on i shall only be visiting the forum to discuss and support tournies.

This is in no way a sleight on the community which i love but it appears that some individuals and companies are piut on a pedestal by the mod squad and if anyone does them an injustice in anyway they're come down on like a ton of bricks.

Propping up the Chelmsford Bunker since 2010

NAF RTO southern UK
duckwing
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by duckwing »

rodders wrote:imho i'm very dissapointed with hpw the moderation on this forum has/is going only knowing 2 of you personally (and not very well i'll admit) i'm very dissapointed, We're all ( well majority of us) are adults and are all capable of making up our own mind on subjects and companies behaviours etc. I don't condone "certain companies" actions which quite frankly disgust me and i shall make no further comment or support them in anyway but i strongly feel if members want to discuss them (in a civil manner) they should be able to.

this is supposed to be " Talk fantasy football" not "talk Fastasy Football but not about companies the mods don't like"

This is in no way a sleight on the community which i love but it appears that some individuals and companies are piut on a pedestal by the mod squad and if anyone does them an injustice in anyway they're come down on like a ton of bricks.
I agree with the first paragraph wholeheartedly. I don't think it's necessary to come with any unfounded accusations of favourism because of this affair however.

Praise Nuffle!
Demagoge
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Demagoge »

duckwing wrote:
rodders wrote:imho i'm very dissapointed with hpw the moderation on this forum has/is going only knowing 2 of you personally (and not very well i'll admit) i'm very dissapointed, We're all ( well majority of us) are adults and are all capable of making up our own mind on subjects and companies behaviours etc. I don't condone "certain companies" actions which quite frankly disgust me and i shall make no further comment or support them in anyway but i strongly feel if members want to discuss them (in a civil manner) they should be able to.

I agree with the first paragraph wholeheartedly. I don't think it's necessary to come with any unfounded accusations of favourism because of this affair however.
+1

KaRoTa e.V. - our tabletop and roleplaying club in Kaiserslautern (Germany)
If you want to play a game in our area, please feel free to contact us via our forum

My teams:
Frog`n´Roll - Slann
Seaguard Saphires - Pro Elf
inkpwn
Raspberry Mage

Post by inkpwn »

Guys I think your over reacting. I have sided with the admins on this one.

That company has done some thing illegal, regardless of the fact it was aimed at impact the act was still illegal.
I'm sure the admins just want to stop spiralling conversations of acussations and all the 'my last purchase' comments everyone has been making . That and the promotion of a company currently unapologetic for their criminal actions.

They make good minatures, great ones in fact but regardless of this they have gone out of their way to slander another company without good rhyme or reason.

This is a matter for lawyers and courts, not for the forum.
I am also sure that if the tables were reversed and impact had done this to gaspez then the same act would be in effect. This is not favoratism.

Krulfang
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Krulfang »

I think the point rodders is trying to make is that even if you do side with the admins on this issue (as I do as well) we shouldn't prevent others from speaking about the company. It is a valid point about people being able to speak their minds, and if we are totally banned from saying what we want, it is not a good environment for a forum.

However, with that said, I don't think we are being prevented- you merely cannot make new threads on the subject. There is a long thread about the "Gaspez post on a US company" (or something to that effect) where good discussion has been made, and has the potential to continually be made. We are still allowed to discuss it, I just saw the action as a way to prevent a large rise in new threads on the subject, as well as a tangible way to show the public's outrage/support in the incident. I feel like if the admins had made a poll asking us all if they should do exactly what they have done, a vast majority would say yes. Therefore, they are still representing the overall BB community in this act.

I do say though, if a thread is deleted and/or moved, perhaps a PM to the original poster explaining why/where to could be in order? That way there won't be any confusion on the thread in question.

Keepin' it Green.
Thadrin
Moaning Git

Post by Thadrin »

Just so we're clear:
You are allowed to discuss that companies miniatures if you really want to. We'd prefer you didn't, but if you've painted one of their minis or want to suggest one for someone looking for something specific then go ahead.

What we have banned is the use of TFF to announce new releases by the company. Due to their criminal actions we will not allow the active promotion of the company or their products here. If they produce evidence to support their accusation - which they have been invited to do, and refused - or come out with a full apology then this stance MAY be reconsidered.

We're trying to walk a fine line here, and - as usual - people are unhappy about. That is the lot of the moderator. For the record - if ANY individual or company was treated in a similar manner, then the perpetrator would be treated similarly. It is merely unfortunate that the offended party in this close has very close ties to this forum.

lucasluckydelux
Veteran
Veteran

Krulfang wrote:I do say though, if a thread is deleted and/or moved, perhaps a PM to the original poster explaining why/where to could be in order? That way there won't be any confusion on the thread in question.
That is what this post was all about :)

I think mods shouldn't be erasing/moving posts without giving an explanation.

Anyway, from my side, everything is solved now and I hope things would be clearer next time.

stanrichardson
Star Player
Star Player

Post by stanrichardson »

Not defending or support anyones actions is this whole mess but..........

Its my understanding that GA is taking legal advice and has been told not to comment on this issue at the moment.

Is RG or Impact had taken legal advice, i am sure they would of been adviced not to comment on the issue at the moment.

I very much doubt Impact or RG would of been banned if they had not commented as per legal advice.

Surely before any action is taken by a small group of people within a large community we shoudl wait untill due process had happened. Believe it or not there is more important people that companes have to answer to before us.....

If GA is advised to take further action i am sure will hear about in time. If GA is wrong and they are advised they do not have a case, then i am sure we will hear about it.

The simple way I see is there will be the following outcomes after all the parties have taken legal advice and been told they can comment on it in a public forum.

1 GA take legal action against the usa based company
2 GA explains its self to the usa based company and issues a retraction
3 GA says nothing

If point 1 happens and the mods take action against GA that makes a very clear statment about the mods here.
Point 2 this does not have to be public this is a matter between to two companies, we do not have a right to be included in that discussion/settlement.
If point 3 happens as a community we should have a say on how the community feels about this companies actions.

I feel at the moment the mods have taken the stance of they have a right to demand and expect a answer from GA. Regardles that this matter is in the hands of lawyers. Thats just ego on some peoples part.

I feel we should as a community do nothing untill we see how things play out but individuals can take there own actions if they want. But a few poeple should not make the choice for us.

At the end of the day lets act like adults (even thou some of the parties involved may not have) and see how results from the legal advice people are taking.

Thast just my 2 cents