I think mods shouldnt be erasing posts without any reason

Moderator: TFF Mods

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Re: I think mods shouldnt be erasing posts without any reaso

Post by GalakStarscraper »

stanrichardson wrote:The simple way I see is there will be the following outcomes after all the parties have taken legal advice and been told they can comment on it in a public forum.

1 GA take legal action against the usa based company
2 GA explains its self to the usa based company and issues a retraction
3 GA says nothing

If point 1 happens and the mods take action against GA that makes a very clear statment about the mods here.
Point 2 this does not have to be public this is a matter between to two companies, we do not have a right to be included in that discussion/settlement.
If point 3 happens as a community we should have a say on how the community feels about this companies actions.

I feel at the moment the mods have taken the stance of they have a right to demand and expect a answer from GA. Regardles that this matter is in the hands of lawyers. Thats just ego on some peoples part.
Hi Stan,

I'm trying to stay out of this discussion as it is a decision the other Mods had to make as I'm too close ... but for the record ... Gaspez is already at #3.

Gaspez has informed Impact! all of the following:
1 - yes it was our company they were talking about in their post
2 - they are not filing suit nor are willing to explain their actions to us
3 - have requested that we never email them again to discuss the matter (or any other matter)

The other Mods made this decision from a point of knowing that the situation was at your #3 by seeing the actual emails between to the two companies (not my representation to them of the discussion). The emails were provided based on Moderators' request to be advised as the situation developed ... so there was no ego on the Mods behalf as you have suggested.

Finally ... we would like to point out ... that we're placing orders this week with Greebo, Black Scorpion, Neomics and Willy. We wish very much that we were also ordering from Gaspez as they have some great looking figures that we would like to help them sell. But included in my point #3 above was Gaspez telling us that they would never sell to us again (and we still don't know the real reason why and it appears never will).

Tom

Reason: ''
Joemanji
Power Gamer

Post by Joemanji »

Thadrin wrote:Just so we're clear:
You are allowed to discuss that companies miniatures if you really want to. We'd prefer you didn't, but if you've painted one of their minis or want to suggest one for someone looking for something specific then go ahead.
This may now be the case, and if so great. But it was not as originally presented, and indeed the very word "gaspez" was replaced by "[BANNED]" for a few days. Even discussion of your actions was deleted/moved for a while - there are two threads I read or posted to that have disappeared. So whilst a lightening of your stance is most welcome, let's not try to rewrite history. Your initial declaration was heavy handed and totalitarian, and in fact was rewritten twice if what Darkson has said on another forum is correct.

*This post may have been made without the use of a hat.
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Joemanji wrote:
Thadrin wrote:Just so we're clear:
You are allowed to discuss that companies miniatures if you really want to. We'd prefer you didn't, but if you've painted one of their minis or want to suggest one for someone looking for something specific then go ahead.
This may now be the case, and if so great. But it was not as originally presented, and indeed the very word "gaspez" was replaced by "[BANNED]" for a few days. Even discussion of your actions was deleted/moved for a while - there are two threads I read or posted to that have disappeared. So whilst a lightening of your stance is most welcome, let's not try to rewrite history. Your initial declaration was heavy handed and totalitarian, and in fact was rewritten twice if what Darkson has said on another forum is correct.
Nice misquoting Joe.

1. Gaspez was replaced by [Banned] for a few hours, not days, and it was changed back when it was pointed out that it was screwing up some links to painted pics by posters on this forum.
2. I said it was re-worded by two moderators. But only to make it clear that the ban was less than what was believed. The two moderators each took a stab at clarifying the language the other moderators had already agreed to and to correct my poor wording to show that the ban was on promoting Gaspez products, and not that we were banning pics of painted figures etc., which my wording seemed to imply. I never said anything about it being rewritten twice.

Perhaps you should be getting your facts correct before you spout off. I'd already told you that my original wording was incorrect, so why you once again feel the need to say differently?

Also if you actually had done a search you would have seen that your posts are not deleted as was said previously by Thadrin.

I'm no off to work, in the snow, so I might not ever post here again (sheet ice outside the house - f'k knows what the roads going to be like!).

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Thadrin
Moaning Git

Post by Thadrin »

No one is trying to rewrite history.
The original response was too harsh, it's been adjusted.
We've said as much.
Hopefully it is now at a level that will stop people complaining that we're running an Orwellian dystopia here.

I know a bear that you don't know. * ICEPELT IS MY HERO.
Master bleater. * Not in the clique.
Member of the "3 digit" club.
stanrichardson
Star Player
Star Player

Post by stanrichardson »

Thanks for that Tom

That makes the situation a lot clearer in my head now.

Seems like they have got off lightly, would you have taken action if they were usa based?

Stan

Norse
Da Organiza

Post by Norse »

stanrichardson wrote:would you have taken action if they were usa based?
official response: almost certainly, yes

unofficial response: I would have driven over with some homeys from the Bronx and resolved this issue "old skool" style.. 8)

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
stanrichardson
Star Player
Star Player

Post by stanrichardson »

Norse wrote:unofficial response: I would have driven over with some homeys from the Bronx and resolved this issue "old skool" style..
Thats what we are talking about!

Good to know some people still respect the traditions of yester-year.