MNG carry over seasons?

Moderator: TFF Mods

sayguh
Rookie
Rookie

MNG carry over seasons?

Post by sayguh »

Hey all,

Just wondered what the typical rule is... if a guy gets hurt at end of a season and gets a MNG.

Would that still carry over to the first game of the next season if you were bringing the team back?

I"m guessing it would but just want to make sure...

Reason: ''
Darkson
Da Spammer

Re: MNG carry over seasons?

Post by Darkson »

Pretty much up to the league and/or commissioner.

Personally, I'd waive MNG between seasons, but's in no way official.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
inkpwn
Raspberry Mage

Post by inkpwn »

I don't think they do, if you were to imagine that a miss next game is the time a player takes off to recuperate then the time between seasons would be more than enough for them to recover from their injury.

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

And where in the rules does it specify the length of time between seasons?
It doesn't, hence why it's a call for leagues/commissioners.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
inkpwn
Raspberry Mage

Post by inkpwn »

I was just trying to view it like a actual football season if you know what I mean. Roleplay it ya know.

Axtklinge
Legend
Legend

Post by Axtklinge »

Its generally up to the commissioners.
We're having league games on a weekly basis and usually between seasons we take a break for a week or two to play something else.
Fluff wise we assume the players have the time to get back on their feet, and so we clean the MNG's from the rosters in the start of the season.

voyagers_uk
Da Cynic
Location: Nice Red Uniforms and Fanatical devotion to the Pope!

Post by voyagers_uk »

I was once in a league where the commisioner chose to insert a virtual game week between the sem-finals and the actual final so that both teams would be at fulll strength for the final as it was to be played in the local game store and he wanted us to put on a show... Each player only had 3 MNG's but it was felt that it would be more of a game with all there.

Ikterus wrote: But for the record, play Voyagers_UK if you have the chance. He's cursed! :P
Corvidius
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Corvidius »

I'd say it carries over but if your commissioner says otherwise that's his right.

Technically Blood Bowl doesn't really have an off season because if you're not playing, then you're not getting paid and the run up to a major tends to start immediately after the end of the last major.

Miss Next Game means miss next game, not miss next league game so if you were playing a 'friendly' for example the player would miss that game.

Like everyone else has said though, your commish can decide what he likes, that's the nuffle given right of any commish. :)