Hello!

Moderator: TFF Mods

hatticus
Rookie
Rookie

Hello!

Post by hatticus »

Hey there guys,

Am new to the forum so thought I'd do the whole introduction-post thing. Only recently got into BB, having just missed it the first-time around (I got into GW just as BB was phasing out). Can't say my fiancée is overly pleased about me "wasting my time and money on stupid toys and paint" as she calls it, but I'm sure she'll come around...

Me and 3 other guys who went to uni together have all got back involved, and our first league is starting this weekend (go Wood Elves! :D )

So far I've got a Wood Elf and Halfling team, but the 'Flings are still very much a WIP (ie not started at all!), and am trying hard not to start buying other teams at the moment, but some of the non-GW figures/teams are very tempting...

Reason: ''
Urb
Super Star
Super Star

Re: Hello!

Post by Urb »

Wasting your time and money? I think it's time to exercise good judgement and keep my fingers from typing anything else.

Welcome to TFF

Young Caine: Old man, how is it that you hear these things?
Master Po: Young man, how is it that you do not?
inkpwn
Raspberry Mage

Post by inkpwn »

Welcome, even if you have been bumming about here for a while ;)

hatticus
Rookie
Rookie

Post by hatticus »

Urb wrote:Wasting your time and money?
I keep trying to tell her she's being silly, but she won't have it :cry:

hatticus
Rookie
Rookie

Post by hatticus »

inkpwn wrote:Welcome, even if you have been bumming about here for a while ;)
I forgot I was supposed to introduce myself first.

Also, is it possible to do a multi-Quote on this forum software? ????

Smurf
mattgslater's court jester

Post by Smurf »

My wife prefers it to 'real' football fans

The Scrumpers (Wood Elf)
Timog (Chaos Dwarves)
Cursed Crypt (Khemri)
Fur Fur Furious (Skaven)
hatticus
Rookie
Rookie

Post by hatticus »

Smurf wrote:My wife prefers it to 'real' football fans
She's not keen when I try and watch that either... It's pretty much lose-lose for me.

Had our first weekend of league play, and after a pretty appalling start, the Longwood Receivers are starting to come together. Not quite fully worked out how to play Wood Elves, I seem to spend a lot of my time getting beaten down annoyingly.

Quick levelling question - is it worth giving a Line-elf +1AG, or should I give him Dodge/Block as a priority?

Urb
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Urb »

Longer the league the more value the +ag is. I wouldn't turn it down even if there was only one more game to play.

Young Caine: Old man, how is it that you hear these things?
Master Po: Young man, how is it that you do not?
bouncergriim
Super Star
Super Star

Post by bouncergriim »

ah, everyone needs a hobby and paint and toys is just as good as any other... You could threaten to take up astronomy (my other vice...I mean hobby). Good telescope is at least $600, good eyepieces another few hundred, and staying up all night just to stare at the sky. My wife is not into the gaming at all, but she enjoys painting with me, so it works out. That and I focus on gaming in person, I have cut down my computer gaming time and my wife likes that. She understands playing a game across the table from someone else better than sitting infront of a computer by yourself playing games to waste time.

Smurf

Post by Smurf »

hatticus wrote:
She's not keen when I try and watch that either... It's pretty much lose-lose for me.

Had our first weekend of league play, and after a pretty appalling start, the Longwood Receivers are starting to come together. Not quite fully worked out how to play Wood Elves, I seem to spend a lot of my time getting beaten down annoyingly.

Quick levelling question - is it worth giving a Line-elf +1AG, or should I give him Dodge/Block as a priority?
Ignore it. Go with dodge, unless you have loads then choose wrestle. Line elves are better with wrestle IMO.

See the woodelf tactics in Plamoid's list. I'm unorthodox so you may or may not agree.

The Scrumpers (Wood Elf)
Timog (Chaos Dwarves)
Cursed Crypt (Khemri)
Fur Fur Furious (Skaven)
hatticus
Rookie
Rookie

Post by hatticus »

Smurf wrote:
hatticus wrote:

Ignore it. Go with dodge, unless you have loads then choose wrestle. Line elves are better with wrestle IMO.

See the woodelf tactics in Plamoid's list. I'm unorthodox so you may or may not agree.
Yeah, that was pretty much the way I was leaning. Do you have a link for this list? Is Plamoid a user on here?

Smurf

Post by Smurf »

Yeah, sorry Plasmoid... go to members, find P, find Plasmoid, go to his page thingy, find LRB6 stuff and find play book.

The Scrumpers (Wood Elf)
Timog (Chaos Dwarves)
Cursed Crypt (Khemri)
Fur Fur Furious (Skaven)
hatticus
Rookie
Rookie

Post by hatticus »

Found it, thanks!

pressie
Veteran
Veteran

Post by pressie »

My wife loves it when I post pictures of my teams on my face book account. So all her friends know about it :D Every time they tell her to give me more jobs around the house.

http://tripleskull.blogspot.com/

Coach of the Liverpool Blood Bowl Eirie Downs League. Join our Facebook group to join the league.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1850859 ... oup_header