nice censorship (to Thadrin)...

Moderator: TFF Mods

Munkey
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Munkey »

I'm still relatively new to this board and I just have to say that I've found the tone of the board to be friendly and helpful.

I think it's fair to say that it's considered courteous on most boards to run a search before posting to ensure you've not missed a thread covering the same thing.

I appreciate that sometimes people may get offended and everyone has bad days but i've never seen any instances on this board where people have not apologised for any offence whether intentional or not.

Look at it from DW point of view, if he's answered the same question already loads of times he may feel a bit exasperated, I know i feel that way when i get back from my holidays and the 20th person at work asks me how they were, it's not that persons fault but they cop the flak.

As far as I can see the moderators and many others here put in a lot of work to help this site and make it the place that it is. It's a little ungrateful to criticise them for being human occasionly, especially when they apologise.

Reason: ''
[size=75]The short answer is "no", but it is a qualified "no" because there are odd ways of interpreting the question which could justify the answer "yes".[/size]
longfang
Legendz Bedo Legend

Post by longfang »

GalakStarscraper wrote:Nagash,

I'll tell you what I think all the senior members can agree to not post if they are not going to be civil as well ... well maybe Longfang won't agree with that
Galak

[size=75]Del. [color=red]Tramp Champ. Media Tart.[/color][/size]

[url=http://www.talkbloodbowl.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=14334#t=14334]Hall of Famer[/url]
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

I already said I would not accept the posting of PMs to the board and I meant it. Sorry Nagash call it censorship all you want, but I'm locking this thread. Post PM material again and I'll delete it ... no questions asked.

This is the policy straight from the owner of this site. You got a problem with it ... either email JohnnyP and ask him to change the rules of posting for the site or go to the Locker Room where posting of private emails was allowed.

Galak

Longshot
Da Capt'ain

Post by Longshot »

well, here is my though.
When i was new, i was well received by all the guys here, and i try to do the same now.
I have to say that people here are very fine, even with a french guy like me. And that's why i try to go to tournaments to meet them again.
For your information Nagash, DW, invited me to sleep at his home for the spiky tournament.
I think this is very nice from a person i ve seen only once and that i met here. dont you think so?
For now, we all love BB here, and try to help new menbers on this forum, but answering 20 times the same question mean that there is the answer on this forum 20 times also.

We only want the new guys to help us by reading the old thread before asking. the answer is may be already on site.

That all folks 8)

Lightning' bugs for the win

http://teamfrancebb.positifforum.com/
JenniRP70
Da Ex-Boss

Post by JenniRP70 »

I am unhappy that I have allowed this to go as far as it has. Unfortunately I have been laidened with DIY for the past week and am not able to check posts during work time either.

I do not want to see this sort of discussion occuring on my board. If you want to argue agressively with someone then do it via PM or a standard email system. This board is to discuss Bloodbowl in a respectable manner and not to degrade topics into who said what and how so and so has p!ssed you off. Unfortunately I have not monitored TBB's moderators as I have always given them credit for being able to deal with situations in a fair manner.

Under no circumstances should a new member of TBB be treated unfairly, but we do ask that they don't post topics regarding general questions without first checking any README's, sticky topics or searching for relevant posts. It can be very annoying to find a new post asking a question that has already been asked several times before.

I'm not going to stick up for my moderators and if they have done wrong then I express my distaste for their wrong doings. However, I have had very little, if any, complaint about the TBB moderators since TBB has been going (16-17 months now). I do think that they have been doing a good job on the whole and some of the 'sticky' topics, such as the Rules FAQ, are excellent threads and important to a more efficient board. Perhaps if the thread was titled 'Rules FAQ - README FIRST BEFORE POSTING A QUESTION' would indicate to existing members and newbies that they should check this thread before posting an identical question for the umpteenth time.

In the 16-17 months that TBB has been going, we have steared clear of serious abuse postings and I intend to keep it that way. I will read through this thread in full later today and any associated threads and try to see whats been going on and take what action I feel necessary. I am considering a yellow/red card system which will lead to banning members for short periods of time if I feel they have broken the TBB rules in anyway. This sort of topic will be prime candidate for getting its contributors banned.

JohnnyP

Snotling Championship League Commisioner
[url]http://www.bloodbowl.co.uk[/url]

Da Boss of TalkBloodBowl.com