Tapatalk

Moderator: TFF Mods

Chris
Legend
Legend

Re: Tapatalk

Post by Chris »

Ah, I have to pay. Are there not free alternatives?

Reason: ''
Jackolas
Experienced
Experienced

Tapatalk

Post by Jackolas »

Its totally worth the cost mate

TalonBay
Star Player
Star Player

Post by TalonBay »

Chris wrote:Ah, I have to pay. Are there not free alternatives?
It's about $3 isn't it? That's in the ballpark of a cup of coffee or a cheap single miniature. I rarely use the website since I installed tapatalk on my iPhone, not guaranteeing it's everyone's cup of tea but it's hardly expensive if it turns out you don't get on with it.

The Daventry League: Pitchblack Stealers http://www.level10.org/BloodBowl/index.php?section=main
Proud Owner of the TFF Minisorca Vikings Legacy 2011 viewtopic.php?f=25&t=36011
DoubleSkulls
Da Admin

Post by DoubleSkulls »

I've just updated it today, any problems let me know.

Ian 'Double Skulls' Williams
landrover
Legend
Legend
Location: Reffing at a tourney near you. Bribery preferences start with sweets....

Tapatalk

Post by landrover »

No probs at this end. I've been using it since before Xmas. It drops out occasionally but is otherwise sound.

Squad Chaos captain.
Thrudball co-organiser.
Chris
Legend
Legend

Post by Chris »

TalonBay wrote:
Chris wrote:Ah, I have to pay. Are there not free alternatives?
It's about $3 isn't it? That's in the ballpark of a cup of coffee or a cheap single miniature. I rarely use the website since I installed tapatalk on my iPhone, not guaranteeing it's everyone's cup of tea but it's hardly expensive if it turns out you don't get on with it.
You are telling me I could get a miniture instead? :)

TalonBay
Star Player
Star Player

Post by TalonBay »

Chris wrote:You are telling me I could get a miniture instead? :)
:lol: a cheap one, and it wouldn't make accessing the forums any easier

The Daventry League: Pitchblack Stealers http://www.level10.org/BloodBowl/index.php?section=main
Proud Owner of the TFF Minisorca Vikings Legacy 2011 viewtopic.php?f=25&t=36011
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Gave in and brought the app, and glad I did.
If only more forums used it *cough* NAF *cough* ;-) ).

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

May have changed my opinion of Tapatalk.

Firstly, I've finding (especially here) that a lot of new posts don't show when I use it, but are there when I use the built-in phone browser, or the on on my PC.
Secondly, I can't see polls using it (as shown by my comment on Sann's ACC thread).

Now, either I'm being a luddite with it, or it's not as good as people have stated,

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
harroguk
Veteran
Veteran

Post by harroguk »

Darkson wrote:May have changed my opinion of Tapatalk.

Firstly, I've finding (especially here) that a lot of new posts don't show when I use it, but are there when I use the built-in phone browser, or the on on my PC.
Secondly, I can't see polls using it (as shown by my comment on Sann's ACC thread).

Now, either I'm being a luddite with it, or it's not as good as people have stated,
I think the problem of "not seeing" threads is because tapatalk sorts based on Initial Post Date, not Latest Post Date.

Polls don't show. I think Tapatalk is ideal for keeping up with threads rather than logging on once a day and discovering 50 posts to a conversation you were interested in. I don't however think it is a replacement for coming on the forum properly.

Commisioner (Retired) of - DBBL in Daventry
Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Tapatalk

Post by Shteve0 »

Darkson wrote:May have changed my opinion of Tapatalk.

I have these exact two problems too, plus a third that I can't identify - essentially, some pictures show up only as tiny thumbnails, even when fullscreened.

That said, overall I'd say it's improved my TFF experience. It's not all singing and all dancing but, for me personally, the pros outweigh the cons.

League and tournament hosting, blogging and individual forums - all totally free. For the most immersive tabletop sports community experience around, check out theendzone.co
Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Tapatalk

Post by Shteve0 »

Latest on this: searches no longer function as of a week or so ago. Have PMed doubleskulls but doesn't look like he's picked it up yet?

I'm not about to whinge over a reduction in support through a third party app for a well run community forum to which I don't contribute a penny...

... But if anyone knows how to put this straight, you'll have my gratitude!

Cheers

League and tournament hosting, blogging and individual forums - all totally free. For the most immersive tabletop sports community experience around, check out theendzone.co
Hegel
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Hegel »

Is it planend to Upgrade the TapaTalk plugin ? I always get a Message that it is expired...

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Working for me (and thi was sent via Tapatalk).

howlinggriffon
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by howlinggriffon »

I got the "Tapatalk API has expired" message the other day too. I think it will still work generally - but some features of the latest releases of Tapatalk may not work as intended.