More problems posting pictures

Moderator: TFF Mods

the solitaire
Star Player
Star Player

More problems posting pictures

Post by the solitaire »

Ok, this is something that has bothered me for a while but I´m close to the point where I voluntarily stop adding pictures to my posts.

I know the allowed image size is no wider then 800, no higher then 800.

I set photobucket to automatically upload pictures in max 1024x1024, because this is not the only forum I post in.

So far, not a problem.

The problem starts here. When I upload in photobucket, then resize to 800x600 the TTF forum doesn´t recognize the change.

When I clean browser cache, history, cookies etc. and try again it still doesn´t work.

Here comes the strange bit. When I open another browser and try to post the downsized pictures (I normally use Firefox, do not import or export any data to other browsers) like for instance Opera, IE, Chrome, Iron, Safari, TTF still tells me the pictures are larger then 800x800.

The only way to solve the problem is to save the downsized pictures under a different name, then change all the links in my post.

Other forums I am in, and where I post pictures have size limitations as well. When I resize in photobucket the other forums accept the new dimensions.

Why can´t TFF do that?

/rant

Reason: ''
If you can´t fix it with a hammer, you have an electric problem
Darkson
Da Spammer

Re: More problems posting pictures

Post by Darkson »

the solitaire wrote:Why can´t TFF do that?
No idea, and as with the last time there were pic problems on TFF, the advise is the same:

PM Doubleskulls, as he's the only one with the access to the backend of the forum that can deal with the issue.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Post by lunchmoney »

Use Image Shack. I've never had a problem posting pics to TFF (or any other forum) with Image Shack.

Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95
the solitaire
Star Player
Star Player

Post by the solitaire »

I´ll PM doubleskulls.

Thanks but no thanks in regards to Imageshack. I don´t like the interface so it´s of no use to me.
Then again after the recent update the same applies for photobucket. Only reason that I bear with them for nw is that I have over 2000 images archived there.

If you can´t fix it with a hammer, you have an electric problem