Donating to site cost

Moderator: TFF Mods

Lychanthrope
Super Star
Super Star

Donating to site cost

Post by Lychanthrope »

I do not know what TFF costs are or who pays it, but I do notice that there is a Donate button at the top of the page. I started wondering if or how many people donate? I recently joined another forum, not game related, and one thing I noticed very quickly was that many/most of the members had a banner under their forum avatar/pic that said, " Donating Member." It really works to encourage users to be involved with paying the bill for the services they use. Noone ever talks about it that I noticed, but there it is for all to see and people obviously donate. I looked around and $10 US/ year keeps the banner below your avatar/pic. Just a thought.

Reason: ''
Darkson
Da Spammer

Re: Donating to site cost

Post by Darkson »

Lychanthrope wrote:but I do notice that there is a Donate button at the top of the page
There is? I don't see one (I'm using the sub-silver theme). I thought Doubleskulls' had removed it after the C&D letter to JohnnyP forced the TBB name change.
Anyway, you'd need to contact Doubleskulls for the answers to your questions, as he hosts it.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Post by lunchmoney »

Darkson wrote:
Lychanthrope wrote:but I do notice that there is a Donate button at the top of the page
There is? I don't see one (I'm using the sub-silver theme). I thought Doubleskulls' had removed it after the C&D letter to JohnnyP forced the TBB name change.
Anyway, you'd need to contact Doubleskulls for the answers to your questions, as he hosts it.
I'm using the Milky Way style and can confirm the Paypal Donate button is there.

edit: removed line that showed my inability to read properly.

Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95
Lychanthrope
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Lychanthrope »

Lychanthrope wrote: I recently joined another forum, not game related, and one thing I noticed very quickly was that many/most of the members had a banner under their forum avatar/pic that said, " Donating Member."
To state it bluntly, I wondered if such a thing would be useful here? I think we have more members then the other forum so could possibly do with (a geuss as I do not know the finances of TFF) $5 to be "Donating Members." ????