Dark Elves beginner!

Moderator: TFF Mods

Vissah
Rookie
Rookie

Dark Elves beginner!

Post by Vissah »

Hi there,

I am building up a nice and of course vool Dark Elves team and so far I played two games with them wich I lost 3-0 and 3-1 against a Human team with Ogre.
Now I been reading some topics and tactics about how to play them but I came here to see if you pro's can help me out with some more info.
I start with 6 linemen, 4 blitzers and 1 runner. I got a general idea on how to use them but most of the time I am stuck with the setup when I am kicking or when I am receiving.
I found out that AG4 is golden to get out of tackle zones and run around the field so that is what I am trying to do most of them tie but some more help is really appreciated.

Thanx,

Vissah

Reason: ''
Nuffle_Hate_Me
Experienced
Experienced

Re: Dark Elves beginner!

Post by Nuffle_Hate_Me »

How many re rolls are you taking, I assume 2? The DE have no natural ball handling skills like Sure hands, Catch, Pass etc. to save your re-rolls. But the build that you have (if you are taking 2 RRs) is the most common for league play. The DE a complete challenge/finesse team and normally should not be recommended for rookie coaches trying to also learn Blood Bowl because making mistakes can be punishing to the team both short and long term. They have one of the most expensive teams in the game so replacing dead or crippled players, especially Blazers and Witch Elves is very hard if you are losing games.

What strategies are you using? The DE tend to be a rushing cage team, especially at lower TV, so if you are doing much more than picking up the ball and caging up, you are probably ending a few turns a game early due to the lack of skills and re-rolls. The less you roll the better off you will be. Every player can roll 1's or skulls eventually

Here are 2 great tactics sites to get some basics from, make sure you read up on how each position can be used, starting rosters, and long term development of each position:

http://bbtactics.com/

http://www.plasmoids.dk/bbowl/LRB6Playbooks.htm

Matt AKA WildManTX (NAF) AKA Nuffle_Hate_Me

T.O. R.O.T. Cup - Austin, Texas USA
http://www.rotcuptx.com
Vissah
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Vissah »

Thanx for those links they are realyl usefull. I play with only two RR cause I can't pay for more.

Nuffle_Hate_Me
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Nuffle_Hate_Me »

I am not sure that you can start with more RRs without taking 9+ linemen, this is why its considered a challenge team. But when you figure them out and get a witch elf or two with skills and get about 6+ skills on the rest of the team they get really tough

Matt AKA WildManTX (NAF) AKA Nuffle_Hate_Me

T.O. R.O.T. Cup - Austin, Texas USA
http://www.rotcuptx.com
spubbbba
Legend
Legend

Post by spubbbba »

Nuffle_Hate_Me wrote:I am not sure that you can start with more RRs without taking 9+ linemen, this is why its considered a challenge team. But when you figure them out and get a witch elf or two with skills and get about 6+ skills on the rest of the team they get really tough
Yeah, once you blodge the team up they are often more durable than hybrid teams. You are still mostly AV8 but are harder to knock over and can run away from dangerous players more easily.

In the early days converse your re-rolls by trying to use the blitzers to do most of the blocking. Also sometimes accept the failure of a block or dodge if the consequences won’t be that great.

Witches are great players but expensive and vulnerable, I use them as catchers until they get their 1st skill and then give them block or wrestle (followed by sidestep) so they can blitz better.

My past and current modelling projects showcased on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.