Models forums improvements

Moderator: TFF Mods

snakees
Veteran
Veteran

Models forums improvements

Post by snakees »

I appreciate the forum. I particulary follow the "models" part of the forum. If you permitt, I will just propose some quick improvments :

1) Merge sticked forum "How to make your own game board" (image link are gone BTW) with "Stadia of the Old World and rename It "Custom Pitch"

2) Unstick "Pugs Sculpting Method" ~ Chains (only 1% of the users will follow that and for the one who realy want to do this, they can make a search). We can create a sticked topic "Mini Tutorials" with links on different tutorials in forum or on web. Even "Stripping Miniatures " should be unsticked if tutorial links is done.

3) Add a stick topic "Team gallery". The rules are clear one picture of the team + name + logo + description of mini manufacturer and convertion (no other comments allowed, only post that respects the rules). There is yet the topic "show us your team" but need a bit of clean up or a reboot.

4) The category "Miniature Manufacturer Announcements", seriously no manufacturer play the rules anymore... Should we be more strict with manfacturers or simply delete category "Miniature Manufacturer Announcements" ? IMO, I prefer have everything about mini on a single thread instead of 2 and that's what is happening now.

I already sent a PM to Darkson about that without any response. Perhaps, my propositions are too bad to deserve a response or he is too buzy (or he hates me)...

edit. 1) is done and 2) is partialy done. I just see that. Good start Darkson.

Reason: ''
Darkson
Da Spammer

Re: Models forums improvements

Post by Darkson »

snakees wrote:I already sent a PM to Darkson about that without any response. Perhaps, my propositions are too bad to deserve a response or he is too buzy (or he hates me)...
Well, #2 and #3 ( :wink: ). Plus I stupidly deleted your PM when cleaning my inbox, and I needed to pass it on to the Mod team (I don't make decisions by myself).
Glad you posted it again.
edit. 1) is done and 2) is partialy done. I just see that. Good start Darkson.
Not me.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Re: Models forums improvements

Post by GalakStarscraper »

For #4 ... that is there because certain companies wanted to be able to post about their new stuff without users being able to comment about it so I set it up for them. So it stays for that reason ... it was not a requirement of TFF for Mini makers to post to that subforum.

Some mini-makers believed they were receiving too much critics of their projects and wanted to be able to post without hearing from the customers. However ... since then ... most if not all have decided to man up and let the people comment.

Tom

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers