New Player

Moderator: TFF Mods

MrNice
Rookie
Rookie

New Player

Post by MrNice »

Hi, I am returning to the game after more than 20 years break. When looking into buying the game again I was a little dismayed with the price so I decided to build a custom board and spend the money on a couple of complete teams. As me and the other local players haven't played for so long I was looking for advice on 2 good beginners teams? The 3 teams I have mainly been looking are Humans, Orcs and Undead. Anyone who has also built a custom pitch is there any advice? Some does or dont's?

Reason: ''
Rayphoton
Experienced
Experienced

Re: New Player

Post by Rayphoton »

I'd throw in an elf team just cause its interesting to have a high agility team in opposite to slow armor team like orcs.

As for boards I have no advice other than take a look at ff-feilds.com They makes some amazing boards and I think are well worth the price.

Welcome back to bloodbowl

Loki
Legend
Legend

Post by Loki »

Welcome

Not to try and talk you out of following your creative urges to make a board if you are looking for a cost-effective entry purchase I would suggest looking at Impacts 'starter bundle' - it's got everything that is required 2 teams, mat, dice, range rulers, balls, etc. Link: http://www.impactminiatures.com/index.p ... id=SB_BKIT

Even if you don't buy the bundle and make your own board the '$35 Trollcast' teams on the Impact site are a good entry point.

Time flies like an arrow, Fruit flies like a banana.
rolo
Super Star
Super Star
Location: Paradise Stadium, where the pitch is green and the cheerleaders are pretty.

Post by rolo »

Black Scorpion has some inexpensive resin miniatures, although their prices aren't as good as they look at first glance, because they're only 11 players. Extra models sold separately.

I have a field from FF Fields, they make both hard and roll-up fields. It wasn't cheap but it's sturdy.

"It's 2+ and I have a reroll. Chill out. I've got this!"
Regash
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Regash »

But still, a complete Dwarf team did cost me less than 70 Euros.
17 minis incl. all positionals and the deathroller.
Only thing: Slayers are NAKED! :o (See pic below)
Deathroller is more like a battlesuit.

Other than that: Fantastic!
And a lot cheaper than all the other providers I know.

MrNice
Rookie
Rookie

Post by MrNice »

Thanks for the replies, the starter pack seems very good value but I'm not really looking for either of the teams that come with it, also my custom board will have dugouts and scorer all built in. Black scorpion miniatures seem very reasonable and could be a good place to start by picking up a few cheaper teams till I find the team I most enjoy playing. On another note I'm guessing there's not much of an Irish BB community?