Spam attack

Moderator: TFF Mods

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Re: Spam attack

Post by GalakStarscraper »

Darkson wrote:
GalakStarscraper wrote:and it looks like it worked as no new spammers since I did it.
Not quite true - I've deleted 3 or 4 spammers.
But all the ones I've seen since I made the changes Darkson had a join date BEFORE I made the new questions wall. I've been checking that. I've had to delete a couple as well since I made the changes but they all had join dates before I made them.

Reason: ''
Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Last two I deleted (including the one with 38 posts) were all within an hour of signing up. :(

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Post by lunchmoney »

Is it a huge PITA to have accounts admin auth'd? That way you can check and only auth an actual human (or transhuman if one chooses to self identify that way).

Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95
Steam Ball
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Steam Ball »

I guess I know what you mean with new wall then. Visited register page and saw something I don't remember.

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

lunchmoney wrote:Is it a huge PITA to have accounts admin auth'd? That way you can check and only auth an actual human (or transhuman if one chooses to self identify that way).
Depends - some days there are loads of sign-ups and to go through them one-by-one takes to long (not all spammers use obviously fake names).

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.