Queries and use of search engine.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Queries and use of search engine.

Post by Deathwing »

Hi, just a coupla points.
This site has a search engine that functions pretty well.
In order to prevent the same old rules queries appearing again and again: If you have a basic question, please run a search on the subject, more often than not you'll find the answer. There's a wealth of information on this site already, try and reference it where possible.
Secondly (and related), if you are asking something that you can't find an answer to, please make sure you put the subject matter clearly in the thread title, starting threads called 'Rules Question...' (or somesuch) does not help others find the information next time around! Example: 'Armour roll on failed GFI?' is preferable to 'GFI question'.
Also, there's a Rules FAQs which may help.
Thanks.
-Woody

[Please note: linked Rules thread is now nearly 10 years old, so may not be completely up-to-date - rest of Deathwing's post stands though. - Darkson]

Reason: ''

"Deathwing treats newcomers like sh*t"
"...the brain dead Mod.."
Grasshopper
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Grasshopper »

Hi I was just wondering if this site had a search engine?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

juck101
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by juck101 »

can you give some advice for using the search engine. after 6months I still cant use it to find threads i have seen before

guess I must be blonde

...the pope said to his aid...
Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

Some of them drop off into cyberspace after not being posted on for a given period. Not sure how long TBH.

If I'm trying to find a thread that has a really common keyword and throws up a zillion results I try adding an author that I know posted on the thread. Narrows it a little. Still too wide a field and I'll try different (or more) keywords and 'exact matches'.

"Deathwing treats newcomers like sh*t"
"...the brain dead Mod.."
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

*Bump*

In the hope some of our newer members might get the hint!

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
ChenZhen
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Re: Queries and use of search engine.

Post by ChenZhen »

Deathwing wrote:Hi, just a coupla points.
This site has a search engine that functions pretty well.
In order to prevent the same old rules queries appearing again and again: If you have a basic question, please run a search on the subject, more often than not you'll find the answer. There's a wealth of information on this site already, try and reference it where possible.
Secondly (and related), if you are asking something that you can't find an answer to, please make sure you put the subject matter clearly in the thread title, starting threads called 'Rules Question...' (or somesuch) does not help others find the information next time around! Example: 'Armour roll on failed GFI?' is preferable to 'GFI question'.
Also, there's a Rules FAQs which may help.
Thanks.
-Woody
The Rules FAQ link is broken.

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Fixed, but it's no longer really valid.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Jip
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Jip »

I know nothing about the running of online boards and forums, so there might be a really obvious answer to this, but why do we have no option to delete our own forum posts?

Aspiring to improve on mid-table mediocrity, over in the SAWBBL.

Fancy an actual one-dayer? Check out The Coffee Cup.

Looking at attending your first tournament? Have a read of this.
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

You do, until someone replies/posts after you.
There's an 'X' button somewhere on the bottom of your post (can't say exactly, as I think it moves depending on what skin you're using - I'm on subsilver and it's on the bottom right).

Once someone else posts then you can no longer delete your post.